• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 people shot in an Alabama hospital. Gunfire panics people in California mall. These are two of the headlines on my homepage. Then there was the shooting at the Excalibur Hotel in Las Vegas.

What the heck is wrong with people? This is ridiculous.

agreed-this below is disturbing

usa gun.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup

wanted to highlight these 2 points

And don’t say that it won’t make a difference because crazies will always be able to get a gun. We’re not going to eliminate gun deaths, any more than we have eliminated auto accidents. But if we could reduce gun deaths by one-third, that would be 10,000 lives saved annually.

Likewise, don’t bother with the argument that if more people carried guns, they would deter shooters or interrupt them. Mass shooters typically kill themselves or are promptly caught, so it’s hard to see what deterrence would be added by having more people pack heat. There have been few if any cases in the United States in which an ordinary citizen with a gun stopped a mass shooting

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
160tqut.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something like this

Well put Matt and Morgan. These have been my thoughts for years put much better than I could ever put it. This applies to bully victims commintting suicide as well. You're not going to eliminate the problem altoghether but if we stop sensationalizing it, there is no question there will be fewer cases of it. Unfortunately well-intentioned people just can't help themselves and will never get it!

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still no proof Morgan Freeman said this. People believe it was credited to him as a hoax because of the South Park episode where he shows up and explains something to earn another freckle.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still no proof Morgan Freeman said this. People believe it was credited to him as a hoax because of the South Park episode where he shows up and explains something to earn another freckle.

Doesn't really matter to me who said it. I think it's very well put.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really matter to me who said it. I think it's very well put.

It almost seems like a variation of what Marilyn Manson had to say about the Columbine incident.

He was also asked what he would say to the kids that caused such a tragedy, and he said he wouldn't say anything, he would listen to them since no one else did.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As more details come out the more I get this god awful knot in my stomach. I do not wish to argue over gun rights and anything related to it anymore. I am so deeply saddened reading these stories. I recall 9/11 and how angry I was that someone did this to us and other events have never effected me as much as this one has.

Slain hero teacher's family: 'She loved those students more than anything' - TODAY News

This kills me inside. I honestly do not have the words.

Kaitlin Roig, Sandy Hook teacher, recounts saving her students during shooting

Amazing acts of bravery. All in the name of kids.

I am tired of reading these stories and I am left unsure on what I believe anymore. I know it was a mentally unstable person that made this all happen but that fact does not stop the hurt that I feel from all of these stories. I am not embarrassed to say that I have shed many tears reading these stories and it really has had a huge impact on how I think. I hugged my kids so hard this morning that they actually asked "is something wrong dad?" I said nope i just want a big hug.