• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Politics Thread - Do Not Open Unless You Want to Argue

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a good ball buster.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not saying the education system is perfect.. it's far from it.. i just dont like the idea that the rich have to 'let' the poor get better.. that thought process drives me crazy.. nobody has to 'let' you do anything, regardless of your race, gender, upbringing, number of fingers, quality of spit ball skills.. nobody lets anybody do anything.. if you have the desire, you can do it.. for some in less fortunate circumstances it takes more desire, but if you have the desire you can make your life better than it is now, and better than your parents' lives were.. it may not be perfect, but nobody has to let you make your life better, you have to work your ass off

and i agree parents have to do better. haha.

lol

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely can. I was just saying it's harder with both parents working. Definitely easier to manage the home and parenting when at least one is on duty full-time.

I think it's a societal issue. You go to a country like Sweden where both parents are expected to work, but where home is given priority over work in 99.9% of cases, it works out fine.

People have arrangements in place to start late so they can drop their kids at daycare and then the other parent (usually) has an arrangement to leave early so they can pick up the kids from daycare. Even the "late" parent will virtually always get home in time for dinner and what-not.

Here though, since we're expected to work such long hours and work-life balance is a joke, it doesn't work.

Long story short, I guess I agree that it's a problem in the US, but not because the parents are working, but because of the implementation.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a societal issue. You go to a country like Sweden where both parents are expected to work, but where home is given priority over work in 99.9% of cases, it works out fine.

People have arrangements in place to start late so they can drop their kids at daycare and then the other parent (usually) has an arrangement to leave early so they can pick up the kids from daycare. Even the "late" parent will virtually always get home in time for dinner and what-not.

Here though, since we're expected to work such long hours and work-life balance is a joke, it doesn't work.

Long story short, I guess I agree that it's a problem in the US, but not because the parents are working, but because of the implementation.

Good points!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me, Im moving to Sweden.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same could be said for Bush, he wasn't really handed the easiest terms.

He made some of his own problems though too.

I'm not going to bust his balls for 9/11 like some people do (the conspiracy theorists who think he was in on it for instance), but he did cut taxes during wars, which should never happen.

I don't think anyone can argue what he had on day 1 - a strong economy with record-breaking budget surpluses - was worse than what Obama got on day 1 - two wars and an economy in its worst state since the Great Depression.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me, Im moving to Sweden.

Should I also then mention the mandatory (by law) 6 weeks of paid vacation, 16 paid holidays, and 18 months combined (between mother and father) paid parental leave?

I just moved back from there about 9 months ago.

Still not sure why :L

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I also then mention the mandatory (by law) 6 weeks of paid vacation, 16 paid holidays, and 18 months combined (between mother and father) paid parental leave?

Sweden to Charlotte

Can you say "culture shock", boys and girls?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a shorter flight to Buffalo to celebrate their Stanley Cup Championship next season...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some of his own problems though too.

I'm not going to bust his balls for 9/11 like some people do (the conspiracy theorists who think he was in on it for instance), but he did cut taxes during wars, which should never happen.

I don't think anyone can argue what he had on day 1 - a strong economy with record-breaking budget surpluses - was worse than what Obama got on day 1 - two wars and an economy in its worst state since the Great Depression.

to be fair though, GW did have to go through the biggest terrorist attack in history.. there was no way he was going to 'win' in the eyes of the public

cutting taxes during a war was stupid though

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte to Sweden and back.

Double culture shock.

It was harder coming back :Cry:
I drive through Charlotte on my way to visit relatives in PA...

Like most people around there on I-77, I drive as fast as humanly possible to get through it. ;)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair though, GW did have to go through the biggest terrorist attack in history.. there was no way he was going to 'win' in the eyes of the public

cutting taxes during a war was stupid though

That's why I'm not busting his balls for the attacks.

That was a bad situation for anyone to be in, the question is how each person handles it. Hopefully we never have to find out how someone else will handle it though.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
one more thing...can we please get these credit card companies not to give you a shitload of credit the minute you hit 18.

How does that SNL skit go? Don't buy shit you can't afford.

Wisest words anyone can preach. Its not the credit card companies fault that people are stupid. People are responsible for their own actions, I am sick of people trying to blame others over something they themselves have control over.

There plenty going on right now that we don't have control over, don't add to it.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My general party feeling these days is I'm tired of the Dems not having better ideas and I'm tired of the Repubs not having any ideas at all. ;)

I'm tired of being a Democrat and seeing my entire party consist of a bunch of ginormous pussies. For god's sakes, somebody from the left needs to find a pair of balls. They can't get anything done.