• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Politics Thread - Do Not Open Unless You Want to Argue

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much avoided labels being thrown around for much of it too.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I clicked on the swamp for a minute then realized I didn't, Shit !! :L:L

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this thread made it an impressive 9 pages before devolving into Bush v. Obama. Pretty good work crew.

It didn't quite make it 9 pages. People started blaming this current mess on Bush pages ago.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn donkey loving fairy fuckers.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it was almost 9 pages. On page 8 eloco made the comment that Obama wasn't dealt a great hand and some one (maybe Jeff said that Bush wasn't either) and it just kind of progressed from there.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that SNL skit go? Don't buy shit you can't afford.

Wisest words anyone can preach. Its not the credit card companies fault that people are stupid. People are responsible for their own actions, I am sick of people trying to blame others over something they themselves have control over.

There plenty going on right now that we don't have control over, don't add to it.

this is assuming everyone has the same education. It like me telling you to go make a dress without education.

You can't expect an 18 years old that has nothing all his life to be able to make smart choices without education about debt and all of a sudden have this "free money" $2,000 in his pocket. And yes, that is how it is viewed as bad as it is.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was almost 9 pages. On page 8 eloco made the comment that Obama wasn't dealt a great hand and some one (maybe Jeff said that Bush wasn't either) and it just kind of progressed from there.

Sure, blame it on the white guy. Racist.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't quite make it 9 pages. People started blaming this current mess on Bush pages ago.

Yeah, but your original post made it sound like it was all one-sided, and eloco's post about being dealt a bad hand isn't blaming Bush per se.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't start the fire, it was always burning..

LOL @ the Federal Reserve

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but your original post made it sound like it was all one-sided, and eloco's post about being dealt a bad hand isn't blaming Bush per se.

True, you're right. It wasn't all one-sided. It just kind of was the natural progression of the conversation. It's all good.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who is running against him. :) I'm not impressed by Obama, but I'm not disappointed in him either....He has a shitty hand and a cold deck right now. Not sure how much he could have done. A lot of terrible things converging at once that were not of his creation.

On page 8 eloco made the comment that Obama wasn't dealt a great hand...

Yes, I was generally referring to macroeconomic forces, the mortgage crisis, failing auto giants, etc. I honestly wasn't thinking of Bush at all when I wrote that, nor do I mention Bush, nor is that post a ringing endorsement of Obama. In fact, I generally think that voters place FAR too much emphasis on the economy when voting for the President (whose generally given too much blame/credit for bad/good times). But let's not blame my post on page 8...

Um...not to nit-pick BUT welfare reform happened in the 90's BECAUSE of the GOP led Congress.

That's from page 2. My posts have just tried to focus on structural and endemic problems, not party politics.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I was generally referring to macroeconomic forces, the mortgage crisis, failing auto giants, etc. I honestly wasn't thinking of Bush at all when I wrote that, nor do I mention Bush, nor is that post a ringing endorsement of Obama. In fact, I generally think that voters place FAR too much emphasis on the economy when voting for the President (whose generally given too much blame/credit for bad/good times). But let's not blame my post on page 8...

That's from page 2. My posts have just tried to focus on structural and endemic problems, not party politics.

Man, you are a baby. This has been a very mild political discussion and you're still finding things to cry about. It's ok for people to disagree. It's even ok for people to be political. It's no big deal at all. Just go with the flow.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop passing the blame, it's all your fault! Who is the asshole that started this thread anyway?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you are a baby. This has been a very mild political discussion and you're still finding things to cry about. It's ok for people to disagree. It's even ok for people to be political. It's no big deal at all. Just go with the flow.

How am I crying exactly?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, ??? He wasn't being a baby, he was just explaining himself as it appeared his post had been misread.