• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT- Lakers fire Mike Brown

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they wouldn't have fired him because now it is just another reason for the Lakers to be talked about. Living in LA has made me absolutely despise the Lakers. I never liked them to begin with but now I actually hate them.

I honestly think that they won't win another title until Kobe is gone. He is still a pretty good player, but he will never accept not being "the guy" and it hurts the team more than it helps.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a young team willing to play both ways...

Kobe, Nash, Gasol aren't two way players anymore(nash never).....

the offense needs much upgrading but there was no defense and from the little games I've seen, the rotations/lineups weren't good.

the lakers have no bench so rotations might be a problem anyways.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing him is stupid. You basically have a whole new team that you are trying to integrate together. I mean 2 years ago Miami started 6-12 and look what happened. Its VERY rare that guys like this all come together and dominate right away ( Bostons big 3 being the only exception I can think of).

imo it was because garnet in his prime was a force. dwight is actually looking like a downgrade from a healthy bynum at this point.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they wouldn't have fired him because now it is just another reason for the Lakers to be talked about. Living in LA has made me absolutely despise the Lakers. I never liked them to begin with but now I actually hate them.

I honestly think that they won't win another title until Kobe is gone. He is still a pretty good player, but he will never accept not being "the guy" and it hurts the team more than it helps.

Just enjoy the shit show when they're in disarray. That's how I've always dealt with it. :spit:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Jackson doesn't come out of retirement and coach the Lakers to another title. That would be very upsetting for a Laker hater like myself.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit, just on the eve of them playing the Warriors. Hope their players don't come out fired up. :L

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to back the Vault up to Phil Jacksons estate and ring the door bell.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should just hire D'antoni and forget about playing defense. I'd take Mike Brown on the Wizards any day of the week. That's how sad things have gotten. It's bad enough our team name is the fuckin wizards.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They never should've hired him in the first place and if you were going to fire him it should've been before the summer began. Great guy just not a great head coach.

Lakers have got to be one of the luckiest teams in sports so it wouldn't surprise me if they come out of this and win the championship.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jackson come out of retirement?

I would go after Jerry Sloan, but I don't know if he'd be a good fit for a team loaded with Superstars.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of the 2004 season. The Lakers get upset in the NBA finals by the Pistons and all they talk about is how the Lakers lost. Not much credit given to the Pistons.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson open to NBA coaching return, sources say - ESPN Los Angeles

A meeting with Jackson could happen by the end of the weekend.

Jackson is open to returning to the NBA sidelines, multiple sources with knowledge of the Hall of Fame coach's thinking told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told reporters Friday afternoon that the team's brain trust -- Kupchak along with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss and executive vice president of player personnel Jim Buss -- already has put together a list of potential replacements for Bickerstaff. Among the "four or five" names on that short list is Jackson, according to a league source.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson would be the obvious choice. I have a hard time imagining he wants to come back. The additions of Kobe and Howard would be tempting for him, though.

Van Gundy would be a solid pick for the few choices they have right now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson would be the obvious choice. I have a hard time imagining he wants to come back. The additions of Kobe and Howard would be tempting for him, though.

Van Gundy would be a solid pick for the few choices they have right now.

Stan or Jeff? Stan Van Gundy being reunited with Dwight Howard would be funny. I think even tallglass might enjoy that.

And I think you mean Nash and Howard would be tempting.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe writers are even mentioning Van Gundy as a possible choice. There is no way the Lakers bring in either of the 2 Van Gundys because of Howards relationship with Stan. They Lakers actually want to keep Howard not watch him leave or demand to be traded.

Phil Jackson just makes to much sense. Kobe has the highest respect for Phil and you know Nash and Howard have to as well. Phil is still dating Buss daughter as well which means despite retiring he is still connected to this team.

The biggest thing the Lakers to need to is run more pick-n-rolls with Nash, Gasol, and Howard. It should be almost impossible to guard those 3 especially when you still have Kobe on the floor. It's just a matchup nightmare if you have to start switching off defenders to cover the picks.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan or Jeff? Stan Van Gundy being reunited with Dwight Howard would be funny. I think even tallglass might enjoy that.

And I think you mean Nash and Howard would be tempting.

Yes to both points.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Phil's Job to turn down.

Looks like it's more then likely going to be Phil Jackson taking the helm again.

Makes senses for all parties.

Jackson gets to come in as a hero and a blank check, fans would be ecstatic to have him back, and it seems all the players want him back.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse possible choice ever. My god they just went from awful to god awful. Jim Buss is a fucking retard.