• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw wgn and tbs have national reach in the states, dont they ?

you broadcast games in a market ... you dont own the market

/im sure many in BC would opt out of watching jays if they somehow could lol
WGN only broadcasts Cubs games sporadically. The local CSN channel gets a lot of games too.

Also, TBS has national MLB rights. Braves telecasts are broadcast locally now. Neither situation compares with every single game being broadcast nationally as the Jays are.

/Does every cable box in BC have a virus that automatically tunes into Jays games against the viewer's will?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt Sportsnet Pacific supposed to be a regional channel? How about some regional content?
My understanding was that each region outside Ontario had to show games of what was more considered a "local" team, ie: the Red Sox out east and in Quebec, the Twins in the Prairies and the M's in BC. Is that not the case?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding was that each region outside Ontario had to show games of what was more considered a "local" team, ie: the Red Sox out east and in Quebec, the Twins in the Prairies and the M's in BC. Is that not the case?

over the past few years, there have been progressively fewer and fewer Mariner games on Snet Pacific

/twitter search Mariners game and sportsnet lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over the past few years, there have been progressively fewer and fewer Mariner games on Snet Pacific

/twitter search Mariners game and sportsnet lol
Well, that's pretty dumb then.

But at the same time, you'd think TSN would pick up the rights and air them on the Pacific feed (whichever # it is). Seems like a missed op.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been following closely, but everyone in Bird-Land is seriously angry at an HBO drama about a serial killer who investigates serial killers.

Dexter-Season-6-Bloody-Angel-Wing-Poster.jpg

"Fuck Dexter" and "We don't need you anyway, Dexter".

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's pretty dumb then.

But at the same time, you'd think TSN would pick up the rights and air them on the Pacific feed (whichever # it is). Seems like a missed op.

TSN doesnt have a pacific feed and didnt bring those additional channels on as regional channels ... theyre "overflow" ... Rogers was originally granted those channel licenses on the basis they were regional channels

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN doesnt have a pacific feed and didnt bring those additional channels on as regional channels ... theyre "overflow" ... Rogers was originally granted those channel licenses on the basis they were regional channels
But they have a way to regionalize them - TSN shows Leaf games on a local contract, as well as Sens and Jets. They could do the same for Mariners (and Sox/Twins for that matter) if they wanted I'm guessing.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tomorrow cespedes should go to work riding that 275 pound champion hog that he bought for 7K

/no im not talking about Bartolo

Last edited:

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tomorrow cespedes should go to work riding that 275 pound champion hog that he bought for 7K

/no im not talking about Bartolo

Finally some swagger coming from the Mets! I love it!!!

Cespedes is quite the character. From what I heard he loves to golf game days, loves his cuban cigars and eats nothing but shellfish.

I feel shellfish for saying this but the Mets and their fans deserve this....it's been a while.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally some swagger coming from the Mets! I love it!!!

Cespedes is quite the character. From what I heard he loves to golf game days, loves his cuban cigars and eats nothing but shellfish.

I feel shellfish for saying this but the Mets and their fans deserve this....it's been a while.

It feels great now. Ask me again in July. I've had the rug pulled out from under me far too many times with this team, I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.