• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
how stupid do you have to be to be caught twice and keep doing it?

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. There's a lump that's now obstructing about 85% of my breathing (at least). If I lie on my back, I have about 2% breathing (which makes sleeping on the back impossible), hence the panic attacks at even just the thought of lying on my back. Kind of shitty because a while ago, a dental assistant was calling me a big pussy for having a panic attack when I had to lie on my back during dental surgery. At that time, I hadn't been diagnosed, so I had not idea what was going on...ah well. Anyways, the thyroid is scheduled to be removed in May; hopefully, that alleviates most everything.

Anyways, just wanted to let this out. I haven't had ANY interest in hockey, sports or much of anything to be totally honest with this shit looming (although for whatever reasons, I have found it somewhat therapeutic to post in the music thread...go figure...lol). Seriously though, no pity or anything like that as I'm pretty confident that after May, I'll be back to my trollsome self...lol

...I just thought I'd explain why I haven't been posting much (although TBH, I'm always in lurk mode).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. There's a lump that's now obstructing about 85% of my breathing (at least). If I lie on my back, I have about 2% breathing (which makes sleeping on the back impossible), hence the panic attacks at even just the thought of lying on my back. Kind of shitty because a while ago, a dental assistant was calling me a big pussy for having a panic attack when I had to lie on my back during dental surgery. At that time, I hadn't been diagnosed, so I had not idea what was going on...ah well. Anyways, the thyroid is scheduled to be removed in May; hopefully, that alleviates most everything.

Anyways, just wanted to let this out. I haven't had ANY interest in hockey, sports or much of anything to be totally honest with this shit looming (although for whatever reasons, I have found it somewhat therapeutic to post in the music thread...go figure...lol). Seriously though, no pity or anything like that as I'm pretty confident that after May, I'll be back to my trollsome self...lol

...I just thought I'd explain why I haven't been posting much (although TBH, I'm always in lurk mode).
Fuck cancer. Fuck it up and come back stronger than ever, sir!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hang in there BB. I assume you are getting the thyroid taken out? I have in-laws that have had their thyroids removed and they are fine and said it wasnt too bad of a recovery*. I myself have a low producing thyroid and I have to take synthroid. I have never had any issue with that.

*However my mother in law sounds like Philip Baker Hall now**.

**Just kidding, but that would add some fun to my holidays.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get out there swinging, BB! I have some anecdotes about family/friends with thyroid cancer who are happy and healthy many years after diagnosis/removal, so I'm confident you can beat it! Best of luck, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers most certainly.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that makes me think it might not be too late for me. According to a carnival speed gun years ago, I have a mid 60s mph fastball.
Me too! According to the carnival funhouse mirrors, I have a wicked curve. I still don't know why the owners were upset about me throwing a baseball around in a house of mirrors, though.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that makes me think it might not be too late for me. According to a carnival speed gun years ago, I have a mid 60s mph fastball.

Me too! According to the carnival funhouse mirrors, I have a wicked curve. I still don't know why the owners were upset about me throwing a baseball around in a house of mirrors, though.

I outdid you both, 71 MPH. That was 17 years ago, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.