• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... I think both the Royals and the O's are damn entertaining to watch.

I can see why they would be exciting, they are a new group of teams that are making deep playoff runs so it's nice in a sense to see different teams, but I don't really have a rooting interest or anyone who makes me so excited to watch

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chuckled

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]518963553437745152[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]518963711139409920[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought the ALCS would be this match up?

Who would have thought that I am not happy to play the Royals!

I like home field advantage though..

If only I could fire up the time machine and go back to put some money on the matchup.

This is taking me back to my teenage years when the O's and Royals were constantly at each others' throats. So is TBS going to finally put Cal Ripken in the announcer's booth for an O's game? I'd love to have him with Gary Thorne. But that's not likely.

@vrabincha
"Royals-Orioles" sounds like drunken slurring

I just laughed wayyyyy to hard. Say it out loud.

In the heavier of the regional accent around Baltimore, "Orioles" and "Royals" are pronounced very similar. "Orruls" and "Ruylls". In fact, when I was a kid, I used to tease my mom whenever went to see the Orruls and Roylls play. I always asked why there was only one team playing. Especially when you considered where they played.

Da Orruls and Ruylls are plain in Memorrul steddium.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take anything away from the Royals and Orioles, they played much better than the Tigers and Angels, but I guess that series will probably bore me a little bit

I'm hoping the Giants and Dodgers win their respective series because then that series would be much more interesting for me

But good for the Royals and Orioles regardless

Really? Those were some darn entertaining series considering they were both sweeps. Two extra inning games to open Angels-Royals, and seeing them sweep and clinch at home; bullpen implosions, come backs in the first two games of the O's-Tigers. I admit that game 3 was a snoozer in that one though. Pitching duel and a crowd that was pretty unexcited. Still, 1-run games galore. And I really want the Nats to storm back. Nats-Dodgers or Nats-Cards have storylines. Nats-Dodgers is a battle of elite pitching staffs and two collections of great bats, Nats-Cards is vengence, Giants-Dodgers is a good one too, and Giants-Cards can go jump off a cliff.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so dont get this

She actually wrote the song about Brett, as bizarre as that may seem. She said her motivation was from a George Brett baseball card that her mom had when she was a kid.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only I could fire up the time machine and go back to put some money on the matchup.

This is taking me back to my teenage years when the O's and Royals were constantly at each others' throats. So is TBS going to finally put Cal Ripken in the announcer's booth for an O's game? I'd love to have him with Gary Thorne. But that's not likely.

In the heavier of the regional accent around Baltimore, "Orioles" and "Royals" are pronounced very similar. "Orruls" and "Ruylls". In fact, when I was a kid, I used to tease my mom whenever went to see the Orruls and Roylls play. I always asked why there was only one team playing. Especially when you considered where they played.

Da Orruls and Ruylls are plain in Memorrul steddium.

Cal Ripken isn't very good as an analyst...snoozer up there. Gary Thorne? Yes. Please. And have him do more hockey. And everything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals and Orioles are both very exciting teams, both packed with live arms on their pitching staffs. The Orioles have massive power, the Royals have dynamic team speed and defense.

That's going to be an entertaining series.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She actually wrote the song about Brett, as bizarre as that may seem. She said her motivation was from a George Brett baseball card that her mom had when she was a kid.

And they have been dating for a few months.

:)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get Hal McRae as an analyst for this upcoming series?

[youtube]kamDqL-AGzI[/youtube]

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal Ripken isn't very good as an analyst...snoozer up there. Gary Thorne? Yes. Please. And have him do more hockey. And everything.

^this

The Royals and Orioles are both very exciting teams, both packed with live arms on their pitching staffs. The Orioles have massive power, the Royals have dynamic team speed and defense.

That's going to be an entertaining series.

^and this

Go Royals!!! No way in hell do I ever root for a team with that piece of shit Nelson Cruz.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gary Thorne is the PBP guy for the Orioles regularly, but he's under contract with ESPN for everything else.

Comeds, is he still doing the local broadcasts on MASN for the playoffs?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Thorne is the PBP guy for the Orioles regularly, but he's under contract with ESPN for everything else.

Comeds, is he still doing the local broadcasts on MASN for the playoffs?

There are no local broadcasts, sadly we have to watch TBS like everyone else.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George may need to clean some pine tar off his bat...

I feel as if you are making some kind of penis related joke. This is not appropriate, Brett is a hall of famer! Next thing I know you'll make some off color remark about Ted Williams referring to his penis as "The Splendid Splinter".

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel as if you are making some kind of penis related joke. This is not appropriate, Brett is a hall of famer! Next thing I know you'll make some off color remark about Ted Williams referring to his penis as "The Splendid Splinter".

Is Ted still hanging upside dead in a cryogenic chamber somewhere in Arizona? Maybe we get can DS to investigate.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you gotta like George Brett, he's one of the principal owners of the Spokane Chiefs of the WHL. I know George reads this board, so I apologize as my post wasn't cute, funny, or appropriate and I won't do it again.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you gotta like George Brett, he's one of the principal owners of the Spokane Chiefs of the WHL. I know George reads this board, so I apologize as my post wasn't cute, funny, or appropriate and I won't do it again.

GeorgeBrettPineTar_original.gif

Good, because this was the possible reaction if you hadn't recanted that...

Status
Not open for further replies.