• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that caps off the worst 4 consecutive days of sports that I can remember.

Congrats Comeds, O's fans.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O's made beating Scherzer, Verlander, and Price look easy. Amazing, really.

And with that both the champions of the trade deadline have been eliminated. Well, other than Boston, the real winner of the deadline...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously if the Royals win who would have thought the O's vs Royals for the ALCS at anytime of this season even up to a few days ago.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously if the Royals win who would have thought the O's vs Royals for the ALCS at anytime of this season even up to a few days ago.

I thought the O's would win this series, but not in a sweep, and not in this fashion. However, although cheering for the Royals, I thought there was NO WAY they weren't getting rolled up vs the Angels. The way they play just isn't conducive to winning a WS. However, they're RED hot and have a lot of the "team of destiny" look about them.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still having a hard time believing that ball hit by Cruz carried out.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pix is rooting for a Cards - Royals series, I know she is...

:behindsofa:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the O's would win this series, but not in a sweep, and not in this fashion. However, although cheering for the Royals, I thought there was NO WAY they weren't getting rolled up vs the Angels. The way they play just isn't conducive to winning a WS. However, they're RED hot and have a lot of the "team of destiny" look about them.

Makes two of us just for the feel good story.

And if the NL representative is the Cards, LA or SF I will be rooting for the AL.
Now if it the NAT's vs O's I think that would be cool just due to location.

Finally, on a side note at least we know MLB isn't as fixed as the NFL. I mean if it was we all know the Yankees would have won the World Series this year on Game 7 at Yankee stadium off the bat of Jeter.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still having a hard time believing that ball hit by Cruz carried out.

That was like a dead RF homer in Fenway, it was so weakly hit.

pix is rooting for a Cards - Royals series, I know she is...

:behindsofa:

I'd cheer for that if I could be guaranteed that the Cards would lose it. Their fans are *especially* ridiculous when it comes to their in-state rival.

And TROUT bomb. That was hammmmmered.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes two of us just for the feel good story.

And if the NL representative is the Cards, LA or SF I will be rooting for the AL.
Now if it the NAT's vs O's I think that would be cool just due to location.

Finally, on a side note at least we know MLB isn't as fixed as the NFL. I mean if it was we all know the Yankees would have won the World Series this year on Game 7 at Yankee stadium off the bat of Jeter.

NFL fixed? Meh, only ever felt that way with the Ray Lewis crap. NBA? Different story.

EDIT: And agreed, Nats are who I want out of the NL. I could even handle the Dodgers being in. No Cards, no Giants. A lot of Pirate fans are supporting the Giants, and I don't know why. 1) knocked us out; 2) second highest payroll in the postseason; 3) just look at Hunter Pence

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Trouts first career playoff hit?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding, I was thinking did 43 stick a glove out into the field ala Jeffrey Maier...

:thumb:

I really considered going. Probably wouldn't have gotten that seat, though...

Even Cruz was like "Dammit... Ain't no way that... wait... Oh my God."

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL fixed? Meh, only ever felt that way with the Ray Lewis crap. NBA? Different story.

EDIT: And agreed, Nats are who I want out of the NL. I could even handle the Dodgers being in. No Cards, no Giants. A lot of Pirate fans are supporting the Giants, and I don't know why. 1) knocked us out; 2) second highest payroll in the postseason; 3) just look at Hunter Pence

Yeah totally agree on both and yeah I guess I was thinking of the Ray Lewis crap when making that lame joke...

Then Pirate fan's rooting for the Giants I don't get it. I guess it is the they beat us so I hope they win but I am not for that one either, just like you.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah totally agree on both and yeah I guess I was thinking of the Ray Lewis crap when making that lame joke...

Then Pirate fan's rooting for the Giants I don't get it. I guess it is the they beat us so I hope they win but I am not for that one either, just like you.

I'm not so bitter that I can't cheer for another team, but I find them wholly unlikable. I think people somehow forget about their genuinely unlikable nature because they're in a division with the Dodgers and their ballpark is pretty.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz hammered that ball!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so bitter that I can't cheer for another team, but I find them wholly unlikable. I think people somehow forget about their genuinely unlikable nature because they're in a division with the Dodgers and their ballpark is pretty.

Yeah I am not bitter about it either and honestly was thinking the same thing about how unlikable they are.
The dislike is kind of like the NFC east after the Cowboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.