• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: ESPN Rob Parker on RG3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish people could voice their opinions about things like these without getting fired or blacklisted. How's this for a double standard? Rush Limbaugh accuses the media of being racially biassed, and he's blocked from owning the Rams. Michael Irvin jokes about Tony Romo's relative(s) having begat his lineage through a slave because he ran fast, and Irvin still has a job.

I'm actually happy Irvin still has a job. I have absolutely no problem with Limbaugh's comments nor Irvin's comments. Limbaugh's comments were correct, and Irvin's comment was funny. I think Parker's comments were extremely stupid, but I wish people would just let ridiculous people be ridiculous and just get on with their lives. Probably an unrealistic wish. :(

This. Its gone crazy. I don't think we need to worry about RGIII though. His parents are both career Army NCOs and consequently he has been exposed to a multi-cultural environmment throughout his childhood and has lived in many places in the world. He hasn't lived the "typical" black experience in the U.S. so probably doesn't have the racial prejudices that some one who did does.
I think Parker's comments are silly but if that is his opinion, and I guarantee many other people share that opinion, he should not get fired for voicing it; ridiculed for it, maybe but not fired. Otherwise you are just as bad as the person who said such a thing. You are trying to legislate people's feelings and tell them what is appropriate to think and what is not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just stupid and a classic reverse-sterotype. He isn't black enough?? Why because he doesn't thug it up, is well spoke, isn't a democrat!!! Are you fucking kidding me? Maybe this guy should hang out with Jesse and Al and RG3 can kick it with Bill Cosby.

Had to look because it was about RG3, I rarely watch this show because Skip Bayless is a troll.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish people could voice their opinions about things like these without getting fired or blacklisted.

How's this for a double standard? Rush Limbaugh accuses the media of being racially biassed, and he's blocked from owning the Rams. Michael Irvin jokes about Tony Romo's relative(s) having begat his lineage through a slave because he ran fast, and Irvin still has a job.

I'm actually happy Irvin still has a job. I have absolutely no problem with Limbaugh's comments nor Irvin's comments. Limbaugh's comments were correct, and Irvin's comment was funny. I think Parker's comments were extremely stupid, but I wish people would just let ridiculous people be ridiculous and just get on with their lives. Probably an unrealistic wish. :(

I disagree with this. There is no need for this racist message or whatever you want to call it to be spread on the air. If a person wants to spread that bullshit, they should not be on TV. ESPN needs to be responsible as a company and see this.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rob Parker has been suspended from ESPN "until further notice", according to an ESPN spokesman.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Parker thinks his critics are “uneducated” and “silly” | ProFootballTalk

This,from the fucking guy who doesn't know if he's Larry,Curly or Moe mentality level.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I disagree with this. There is no need for this racist message or whatever you want to call it to be spread on the air. If a person wants to spread that bullshit, they should not be on TV. ESPN needs to be responsible as a company and see this.

What did you think was Racist? Limbaugh's indictment of the media or Michael Irvin's Tony-Romo joke? Or both?

'Cause neither one was remotely racist.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you think was Racist? Limbaugh's indictment of the media or Michael Irvin's Tony-Romo joke? Or both?

People throw that word around way too much. We are way too sensitive about any observation made about anyone. I know I'm supposed to think stereotyping is bad but its been my observation that a lot of common stereotypes have a basis in truth.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People throw that word around way too much. We are way too sensitive about any observation made about anyone. I know I'm supposed to think stereotyping is bad but its been my observation that a lot of common stereotypes have a basis in truth.

So true! Thanks to cluster-fucks like Sharpton & Jackson the word has been reduced to being the punchline to a bad joke. It lost its original meaning decades ago.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true! Thanks to cluster-fucks like Sharpton & Jackson the word has been reduced to being the punchline to a bad joke. It lost its original meaning decades ago.

Those two guys have been reduced to a punch line as well. Neither has any credibility anymore. They just seem like publicity hounds now.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two guys have been reduced to a punch line as well. Neither has any credibility anymore. They just seem like publicity hounds now.

Agreed. I'm convinced their primary objective is keep an entire sub-culture of Americans believing they are inferior.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'm convinced their primary objective is keep an entire sub-culture of Americans believing they are inferior.

I've often thought the Democratic Party benefits from that as well. They are some of the biggest enablers in the world.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've often thought the Democratic Party benefits from that as well. They are some of the biggest enablers in the world.

Both parties benefit...

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only difference between Rob Parker and Skip Bayless is that Skip knows how to get the player's attention in a respectful way. Not only that, Skip gets the players or those related to the team to react. They probably don't know who Rob Parker is.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both parties benefit...

I think the Dems get the poor and minoroty vote though so it benefits them to keep a poor class in the U.S. Probably over-simplified but that's how it seems. The Republicans flat out don't care about the under priveleged. Their motto is "I got mine....."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dems get the poor and minoroty vote though so it benefits them to keep a poor class in the U.S. Probably over-simplified but that's how it seems. The Republicans flat out don't care about the under priveleged. Their motto is "I got mine....."

From a vote (political) perspective - Absolutely! However, from a fiscal perspective, the poor are like gold to the Rep constituency.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Neither. My comment was just about Parker and his comments. (I shouldve been more clear what I was responding too)

I never really thought Irvin or Limbaughs comments were that bad or even close to what Parker was saying.