• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: ESPN Rob Parker on RG3

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another announcement was made about this show that's so predictable based on what I believe they are trying to turn this show into. They announced today that EVERY Wednesday they will be bringing on a celebrity to the "debate desk" to "take on" Stephen and Skip.

Their first booking? Big Boi. Ha!!!!! More evidence of tailoring the show to the common, every day, generic fan.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is his opinion, why shouldn't he be free to express it? We all don't have to agree on every topic. I guarantee you he isn't the only black person who feels that way.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised to hear that they fired him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is his opinion, why shouldn't he be free to express it? We all don't have to agree on every topic. I guarantee you he isn't the only black person who feels that way.

Yeah, he's free to say it. ESPN is free to fire him, or not extend his contract. Fans are free to support or protest/criticize it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's free to say it. ESPN is free to fire him, or not extend his contract. Fans are free to support or protest/criticize it.

Yep, but if he was free to say it then there would be no need to fire him. Way too many people looking for racism in every comment. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have made a living from it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but if he was free to say it then there would be no need to fire him. Way too many people looking for racism in every comment. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have made a living from it.

There was no need to fire him, they decided to do it because they felt it was in their interests. Free to say something doesn't mean someone else isn't free to stop it. If he wants to say it, he can have his own blog or go to another network (in which he would have to follow their rules). If he wants to stay on ESPN, he has to conform to their sensitivities. ESPN is also free to accept or condone what he says if they wish and people are free to react to it accordingly.

However, I didn't like how they changed the Monday Night Football song because of what the guy said at a different place. He didn't say it on MNF air and he didn't link his comments to MNF. So that seemed unnecessary.

I don't care what Parker said. I'm not affected by it - maybe I should be, but I'm not. But I understand ESPN has that choice and I'm not second-guessing their decision as it pertains to him. If the government were fining him, then I'd be upset. Honestly, I would have more problem with suspension over not extending his contract, because that involves pay that he signed up for and was willing to serve. What he said could be argued to be not enough to revoke that.

Last edited by a moderator: