• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I completely agree. I don't know anything about the guy so I'll just have to trust their gut but given the needs I really would have liked to see DT or RB.

NFL.com had Chaz as a 5-6th round pick, they could have gotten him in the next round and taken a DT. I can see not going RB or QB but to pass up Brown in the first and Bennett in the 3rd has me scratching my head. Is there someone at DT that I don't know about?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, just as you said with Doug Free not being around forever, the same goes for Romo. There's a lot to like about Petty as a project to groom as Romo's eventual backup.

But really, I wanted them to take a DT or RB there because those are immediate needs.

Hoping they can find some value in the 4th round tomorrow.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo or bust...unless you get a legit first round talent I don't think the gamble is worth it on these QBs. Wilson was one of those rare guys to do something at the position out of the first round. If Romo goes down and his career his over, what is Petty starting instead gonna do for the team? Maybe win them enough games to miss out on a top 5 pick?

Then Romo and Brady are true freaks of nature.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com had Chaz as a 5-6th round pick, they could have gotten him in the next round and taken a DT. I can see not going RB or QB but to pass up Brown in the first and Bennett in the 3rd has me scratching my head. Is there someone at DT that I don't know about?
Cannot ever promise a guy will be there the next round. People said the same stuff about Fred being available in the second.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't believe there's a legitimate NFL quarterback in this draft. Petty isn't even in the top 3.

Well, I guess time will tell on that. You could be right. I'm always in favor of strengthening the line on both sides of the ball, but I just wish they would have looked at a DT there or found a RB like Ajayi or the kid from Cal to compete with Randle and Dunbar.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure there's guys out there but not someone I'd really know first hand so at this point I just try to read up as much as I can or listen to The Ticket and get their thoughts. So that's why except for a few players/positions I can't claim to have a whole lot of knowledge and draft savyness :)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess time will tell on that. You could be right. I'm always in favor of strengthening the line on both sides of the ball, but I just wish they would have looked at a DT there or found a RB like Ajayi or the kid from Cal to compete with Randle and Dunbar.

I can definitely see what you're saying about taking a DT. Only thing I can figure is their scouts saw something in this guy, or think they have a sleeper that will hold till the fourth.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there's guys out there but not someone I'd really know first hand so at this point I just try to read up as much as I can or listen to The Ticket and get their thoughts. So that's why except for a few players/positions I can't claim to have a whole lot of knowledge and draft savyness :)

I meant on the current roster and thats why they haven't drafted a DT in either the 1st or 3rd

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't believe there's a legitimate NFL quarterback in this draft. Petty isn't even in the top 3.

You may be absolutely right if you're thinking franchise building or predominantly career starting QB's but it's the most important/valuable position in the game for an organizations success so taking flyers/reach is certainly understandable.

That being said that the value of a legitimate/competent backup QB is important especially when you have an older QB that has a back issue that's shaky. Other than Kitna the backup QB's have been awful at best under the Romo regime unless I'm completely forgetting someone.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be absolutely right if you're thinking franchise building or predominantly career starting QB's but it's the most important/valuable position in the game for an organizations success so taking flyers/reach is certainly understandable.

That being said that the value of a legitimate/competent backup QB is important especially when you have an older QB that has a back issue that's shaky. Other than Kitna the backup QB's have been awful at best under the Romo regime unless I'm completely forgetting someone.

Orton wasn't awful at best. He just didn't want to play in Dallas.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely see what you're saying about taking a DT. Only thing I can figure is their scouts saw something in this guy, or think they have a sleeper that will hold till the fourth.

Could be. I admit I know very little about Chaz Green, except that most sites had him as a 5th round value and that the write up on him on ESPN was less than flattering. But maybe the Jones boys see something in him that makes them think he'd be an ideal fit in Dallas. He is a natural right tackle, so there is that.

I'm surprised Bennett from Ohio State is still available. I had forgotten about him or just assumed he had already been taken until Murph mentioned him. He was excellent in the Bowl Playoffs and a few "experts" even had him as a borderline 1st rounder.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton wasn't awful at best. He just didn't want to play in Dallas.

Oh yes I knew I was forgetting someone. So yes Orton and Kitna and we know how valuable it was to have those guys and you could argue Petty or insert any QB you like may very well have more upside.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes I knew I was forgetting someone. So yes Orton and Kitna and we know how valuable it was to have those guys and you could argue Petty or insert any QB you like may very well have more upside.

Well through 3 rounds no team has deemed Petty worth a selection. Looks like he and Hundley will go in the 4th.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well through 3 rounds no team has deemed Petty worth a selection. Looks like he and Hundley will go in the 4th.

I don't see it happening but if Ajayi falls to Dallas in the 4th round and Dallas takes him then holy cow that would be epic.

I'm not opposed Dallas taking a flyer on Petty or Hundley in the 4th round.

I suppose we can completely rule out the possibility of Peterson coming here either which may explain Dallas not going RB yet in the draft.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it happening but if Ajayi falls to Dallas in the 4th round and Dallas takes him then holy cow that would be epic.

I suppose we can completely rule out the possibility of Peterson coming here either which may explain Dallas not going RB yet in the draft.

I really don't wanna see Peterson in Dallas. Just have this feeling it would explode into something awful.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was wondering if Dallas thought they had a deal in place for Peterson.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was wondering if Dallas thought they had a deal in place for Peterson.

Minny is asking the world and the fact that he's still a Viking after the draft only favors Peterson suitors. I think Minny was thinking a fleecing and no one bit but then again they have pieces in place including a young QB with some pretty good upside so they might be thinking unless we get an amazing deal we want him to stay.

We know Peterson doesn't want to go back but at the same time he won't be willing to take a major paycut so it's just a weird situation all around. If I had to bet money I'd say he's a Viking this season and they do alright as team.