• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh just won his appeal - he will play on Sunday

I'd like to see Dallas beat Detroit with Suh on the field as I believe they're the better team regardless. Full strength for both teams.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what Suh did was chickenshit for sure. But in fairness, stuff like that goes on all the time, and if it weren't for his sordid reputation, it wouldn't have amounted to squat.

Now, that said......He has drawn condemnation/fines for at least 7 hits on QB's in his career. It's about time for Goodell to call him and Lions management in and let em know, "enough of this guys crap. Next hit/step/stomp outta this asshole and I'm suspending him 2 games, fining you 250 K. Are we on the same page now?!"

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither the NFL nor the moronic arbiter Ted Cottrell thought Suh was innocent. So I'd love to know Cottrell's thought process (that's assuming he actually is capable of intelligent thought) which led him to lift the suspension but levy a fine instead. Either he's guilty of intentionally stepping on Aaron Rodgers in an attempt to injure, in which case he should be suspended due to his multiple prior infractions, or he's innocent, in which case he shouldn't even be fined. How can there be any middle ground or gray area?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither the NFL nor the moronic arbiter Ted Cottrell thought Suh was innocent. So I'd love to know Cottrell's thought process (that's assuming he actually is capable of intelligent thought) which led him to lift the suspension but levy a fine instead. Either he's guilty of intentionally stepping on Aaron Rodgers in an attempt to injure, in which case he should be suspended due to his multiple prior infractions, or he's innocent, in which case he shouldn't even be fined. How can there be any middle ground or gray area?

Agree. If this was the regular season he is probably suspended but the NFL caved on this one with it being a playoff game as far as I am concerned.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. If this was the regular season he is probably suspended but the NFL caved on this one with it being a playoff game as far as I am concerned.

Which is total hogwash! Playoffs or not the suspension should carry the same penalty. He should have received multiple games suspended considering his intent was to harm another player and he has done so in the past. They really fouled this one up, didn't think the NFL was this screwed up but apparently I gave those idiots too much credit.

What do they do and how will they look if Suh intentionally attempts to injure a Cowboy player this week like Romo or Demarco? This is pure stupidity on the NFL's part.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, like everything else involved with the NFL, logic did not win out and Suh will only have to pay $70K. Makes total sense.

Is it wrong to hope he gets crippled on Sunday?

It may be wrong but I hope the worst for that Jackwagon

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is total hogwash! Playoffs or not the suspension should carry the same penalty. He should have received multiple games suspended considering his intent was to harm another player and he has done so in the past. They really fouled this one up, didn't think the NFL was this screwed up but apparently I gave those idiots too much credit.

What do they do and how will they look if Suh intentionally attempts to injure a Cowboy player this week like Romo or Demarco? This is pure stupidity on the NFL's part.

Well technically the NFL did suspend him. It was Ted Cottrell who overturned it. Google Ted Cottrell and read some of the interviews he's given. Some of the things he says makes Ron Washington sound like an English major by comparison. Combine that with the fact that he was fired by multiple NFL teams during his coaching days and it doesn't really paint the picture of a competent individual. Why the NFL thinks he should hold any position of importance is beyond me.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Suh. He's a piece of garbage. Very talented player, but he's a cheap shot artist. If the Cowboys are up big in the 4th quarter, expect something vile out of that douchebag. I hope he doesn't have a big impact on the outcome of the game. He shouldn't be playing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Suh. He's a piece of garbage. Very talented player, but he's a cheap shot artist. If the Cowboys are up big in the 4th quarter, expect something vile out of that douchebag. I hope he doesn't have a big impact on the outcome of the game. He shouldn't be playing.

Fortunately, Dallas' offensive line is beastly and should be able to handle him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh's excuse was his feet were cold and he couldn't tell the difference between Rodger's leg and the field

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh's excuse was his feet were cold and he couldn't tell the difference between Rodger's leg and the field

Hes an idiot, and if he thinks anyone would buy that horseshit he is even stupider than I thought

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the NFL didn't buy Suh's excuse but Ted Cottrell decided that a $70K fine was a more appropriate punishment than a 1-game suspension.

:L

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, the NFL didn't buy Suh's excuse but Ted Cottrell decided that a $70K fine was a more appropriate punishment than a 1-game suspension.

Cottrell is a moron and shouldn't be employed

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

70k is a joke. Suh was laughing all the way out of the building

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suh reminds me of Young Frankenstein and he got the Abby Normal brain. :clap:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70k isn't even a punishment to a guy like Suh who will break the bank this offseason. Ted Cottrell is a fucking idiot! Or..... Detroit paid him off? :noidea:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who wins this weekend?

I see 3 toss-ups out of the 4 matchups.

ARI-CAR: Arizona's got a really good defense but a horrible offense with a 3rd string QB under center and no running attack to speak of. This to me is the toughest one to pick due to all of the "wild cards" in this Wild Card matchup, but I'll take the home team Carolina in a close (and not very pretty) one.

BAL-PIT: If it were clear weather and LeVeon Bell were playing, I'd say Steelers easily. But with the freezing rain and no Bell as factors, not to mention it being a divisional matchup, I think the Ravens could surprise here. Still, I'll take the Bathroom Rapist and Antonio Brown to find a way to win it at home in front of the Terrible Towels.

CIN-IND: Andrew Luck is always dangerous and the Colts are at home. Still though, he can be stopped (as we saw in the Dallas game) by an effective running game keeping him on the sidelines. With AJ Green likely out, I think Hill and Bernard will run all over Indy's D. Throw in the fact that Cincy has the overall better defense as well and I'm going with the mild upset here with the Bengals winning on the road.

DET-DAL: Please.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who wins this weekend?

I see 3 toss-ups out of the 4 matchups.

ARI-CAR: Arizona's got a really good defense but a horrible offense with a 3rd string QB under center and no running attack to speak of. This to me is the toughest one to pick due to all of the "wild cards" in this Wild Card matchup, but I'll take the home team Carolina in a close (and not very pretty) one.

BAL-PIT: If it were clear weather and LeVeon Bell were playing, I'd say Steelers easily. But with the freezing rain and no Bell as factors, not to mention it being a divisional matchup, I think the Ravens could surprise here. Still, I'll take the Bathroom Rapist and Antonio Brown to find a way to win it at home in front of the Terrible Towels.

CIN-IND: Andrew Luck is always dangerous and the Colts are at home. Still though, he can be stopped (as we saw in the Dallas game) by an effective running game keeping him on the sidelines. With AJ Green likely out, I think Hill and Bernard will run all over Indy's D. Throw in the fact that Cincy has the overall better defense as well and I'm going with the mild upset here with the Bengals winning on the road.

DET-DAL: Please.

Carolina, Baltimore, Cincy, and Detroit (hardest for me to pick)