• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NEW ORLEANS @ Dallas

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just my opinion, I'm sure some will take it as an ass whip on Coach Mac, but its not. Mac has done a good job. But if he doesn't get past the first round this year, Jerry will fire him and I think there is zero doubt in that. If he does, I really hope that instead of hiring a retread like Zim or a gimmick like Deion, he takes a hard look at the OC that just beat the shit out of his defense. Kubiak looked like Kyle Shanahan lighting us up. It wasn't talent on the field. Everything the guy called had running lanes and receivers running wide open(just like the GB game) If Jerry plans to let Dak try and win games with no RB and no 3rd WR, give him a guy that can make things easy for Dan through scheme.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just my opinion, I'm sure some will take it as an ass whip on Coach Mac, but its not. Mac has done a good job. But if he doesn't get past the first round this year, Jerry will fire him and I think there is zero doubt in that. If he does, I really hope that instead of hiring a retread like Zim or a gimmick like Deion, he takes a hard look at the OC that just beat the shit out of his defense. Kubiak looked like Kyle Shanahan lighting us up. It wasn't talent on the field. Everything the guy called had running lanes and receivers running wide open(just like the GB game) If Jerry plans to let Dak try and win games with no RB and no 3rd WR, give him a guy that can make things easy for Dan through scheme.
I do think Jerry makes a change if they don't make the playoffs. But I do think the problems in winning are mainly on the owner and son and not coaching. They need to do a real rebuild. They prefer not to and remain mediocre.

Tolbert and Brooks just don't make plays in either the passing or running game. Neither can block and Cooks obviously is too small to help as a blocker. I get that they don't trust Flournoy yet,but at some point they need to give him snaps because Brooks sucked in this game.

The RB situation is much worse though. They could not run the ball early on and it hurt them.

The defense looked sloppy and they gave up too many chunk plays. I guess we can blame Zimmer. He is the one that would not play Overshown. I also think Wilson is somewhat of a liability in coverage at times.

The other problem this game they were not going up against backup tackles. They had zero pass rush.

My expectations for the rest of the season? Lol, I back to 7-9 wins after this disaster . I was not expecting them to kick the saints ass,but damn I still thought they would win at home.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Jerry makes a change if they don't make the playoffs. But I do think the problems in winning are mainly on the owner and son and not coaching. They need to do a real rebuild. They prefer not to and remain mediocre.

Tolbert and Brooks just don't make plays in either the passing or running game. Neither can block and Cooks obviously is too small to help as a blocker. I get that they don't trust Flournoy yet,but at some point they need to give him snaps because Brooks sucked in this game.

The RB situation is much worse though. They could not run the ball early on and it hurt them.

The defense looked sloppy and they gave up too many chunk plays. I guess we can blame Zimmer. He is the one that would not play Overshown. I also think Wilson is somewhat of a liability in coverage at times.

The other problem this game they were not going up against backup tackles. They had zero pass rush.

My expectations for the rest of the season? Lol, I back to 7-9 wins after this disaster . I was not expecting them to kick the saints ass,but damn I still thought they would win at home.
I agree and that's really why I think we need an offensive coordinator who can win with scheme more than personnel. Because the downside of paying Dak, is that Jerry and Stephen now hide behind the cap to save money in their pockets, and the only way we can fill these holes is through the draft, and the yearly attrition of talent is going to continue, short of drafting. Micah is about to take a massive amount of money soon, right behind him will be Tyler Smith demanding a massive amount of money. We'll keep them, but Zack Martin, Brandon Cooks, Osa, Tank, Dono Wilson....a lot of the good but not great guys will be on the chopping block

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touchdowns on their first six possessions should be the story line. The DFW media just listed their top 3 coaches to replace fat boy.

Belichick
Ben Johnson
Steve Spagnuolo

what a difference one week makes.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touchdowns on their first six possessions should be the story line. The DFW media just listed their top 3 coaches to replace fat boy.

Belichick
Ben Johnson
Steve Spagnuolo

what a difference one week makes.
I think that has more to do with Jerry than the job Mac has done. That's the 2nd time in 3 games this team has been obliterated at home. As you say, it's a week to week league. Beat an 0-2 Ravens next week and I suspect all is forgiven but if they get wrecked again, Jerry will probably start on his own list

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jerrah enables a soft culture and loves his superstars. Sometimes it does not make sense to keep playing an undersized lightening fast linebacker on the edge who can’t set the edge. Honestly, not sure what they do with this team this year. The oline is decent and a great WR and decent QB (who has his worst QB rating of his career this year thus far and being paid 60 million per year) and a good tight end if healthy and decent DE and blitzing linebacker and corners but the safeties are too slow and no defensive tackles and no running game. Seems like a team that will regress. But let’s see as only week 2 and plenty of time to scheme out deficiencies and get better or even try new players. Everyone could see there was a problem when Jerrah and Stephen went nuts looking for DTs and running backs.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game needs to be put in the rear view mirror. On to week 3...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that has more to do with Jerry than the job Mac has done. That's the 2nd time in 3 games this team has been obliterated at home. As you say, it's a week to week league. Beat an 0-2 Ravens next week and I suspect all is forgiven but if they get wrecked again, Jerry will probably start on his own list
It could get ugly if they come out flat again against the Ravens

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could get ugly if they come out flat again against the Ravens
That's a really big week 3 game. Dallas just got annihilated at home and this is a 2nd straight home game. Dallas was 8-0 at home last year. A second straight home lose would obviously be tough. Meanwhile, a good Ravens team is coming in here knowing if they lose they'll be 0-3. Only 1 team in the last 23 years has started 0-3 and made the playoffs. Game doesn't get much bigger for both teams which is really going to sound alarms for the team that can't get it done

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This still hurts, but I'd rather get whopped from the start rather than have that W ripped away at the end.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of Overshown only getting 18 snaps this week. At all

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, on the bright side, Eagles at Saints next week.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,580.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, on the bright side, Eagles at Saints next week.
Although. If the Eagles handles the Saints, will make us look even more ridiculous.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,580.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've looked ridiculous many times.
winning remains the object each week.
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although. If the Eagles handles the Saints, will make us look even more ridiculous.
Not necessarily. Dallas and Philly have different weaknesses as a team. We have a better QB. They have a far better RB. They have one more weapon. We have a better secondary(most weeks). Pass rush equal. What they do have is DT's who are a Hell of a lot better than ours.
I'm worried about the matchup with the Ravens. If it's me, I run 4-3 to stop Henry but the LB's are Kendricks, Micah and Overshown. You'll need to be in base to stop Henry but better have speed to spy Jackson

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing some film breakdown, if that's the effort Jordan Phillips is gonna give they should cut his fat, lazy, sorry ass today. That was beyond pathetic on his part

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
After seeing some film breakdown, if that's the effort Jordan Phillips is gonna give they should cut his fat, lazy, sorry ass today. That was beyond pathetic on his part
A division rival traded him to us. And a bad division rival at that. That should tell you all you need to know about the guy.