• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Lotus on HBO is a trippy, weird show. Only 6 episodes, I enjoyed it. Great cast, kept me intrigued, very unique.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Lotus on HBO is a trippy, weird show. Only 6 episodes, I enjoyed it. Great cast, kept me intrigued, very unique.
I liked it too, did not know what was going to happen next. I like that. There were a number of pretty women in that so when I would see the nudity alert at the beginning I would get happy, only for it to not be one of the women. Not any of the women at all.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still enjoying FX's comedies/half hour shows. From the end of Mr. Inbetween to the 2nd season of Dave (nice finale) and now the first few episodes of Reservation Dogs are pretty solid.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finished The Mandalorian, pretty solid. I think it kept getting better as it went along. For some reason my wife wanted to watch it even thought she had never seen a Stars Wars movie.

Questions I got asked:
So the storm troopers are bad guys?
Are the rebels the bad guys?

And my favorite at the end of the last episode:
"Whose that guy?".....

Its Luke Skywalker......:doh:

"Whats his deal, why is he so powerful?"

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted_Lasso_Photo_010107.0.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you hosers ever see Corner Gas? Never heard of it but just listened to a long interview with the creator/star of the show and he seemed like a nice guy and funny.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else watch Black Summer on Netflix?

It makes The Walking Dead look like The Pianist.

Honestly some of the direction and cinematography is totally fantastic, but a plot is almost nonexistent and the writing is terrible. So much so that for most of the season I though it was just a series of unrelated vignettes. And if the characters in Walking Dead aren't great at figuring out a predictable slow enemy, the characters in Black Summer can't even figure out how to close a door behind them most of the time.

If you're a zombie fan, do a hard pass on this show.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you hosers ever see Corner Gas? Never heard of it but just listened to a long interview with the creator/star of the show and he seemed like a nice guy and funny.

It had a good long run up here and they actually spun off a Corner Gas Animated show. Didn't watch it very often to be honest but what I did watch was pretty good.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Good wholesome Canadiana.
dumb fun, but it is pretty fun. some great characters and cameos.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone watch this yet? Malice at the palace has gotten a lot of acclaim ... Ive seen some say this is better but it hasnt got as much viral word of mouth probably since its hockey

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly some of the direction and cinematography is totally fantastic, but a plot is almost nonexistent and the writing is terrible. So much so that for most of the season I though it was just a series of unrelated vignettes. And if the characters in Walking Dead aren't great at figuring out a predictable slow enemy, the characters in Black Summer can't even figure out how to close a door behind them most of the time.

I havent watched zombie stuff in quite a while ... even the names are just blending together now for me lol ... I had to think ... did I watch black summer ? lol I think I got it confused with "V wars" which i may have watched 5 episodes of before bailing.

one zombie show i liked was Dead Set (maybe already talked about on here) - british, zombie world breaks out during the filming of a "Big Brother" type reality show. It came out in 2013 but I think I only just watched it in the past couple years. only 5 episodes and theyre short ... easy and fun binge imo

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had a good long run up here and they actually spun off a Corner Gas Animated show. Didn't watch it very often to be honest but what I did watch was pretty good.
Brent Butt, lol, said there was a movie too.
Good wholesome Canadiana.
dumb fun, but it is pretty fun. some great characters and cameos.
Maybe I'll give that a shot when I am the mood for light stuff, or maybe I'll tell my wife. She was trying to get me to watch Schitts Creek for a year or more before I did. It sounds amusing.
one zombie show i liked was Dead Set (maybe already talked about on here) - british, zombie world breaks out during the filming of a "Big Brother" type reality show. It came out in 2013 but I think I only just watched it in the past couple years. only 5 episodes and theyre short ... easy and fun binge imo
That was a lot of fun. Plus it has Ray WInstone's daughter in it - I think before she won her Oscar for Donkey Punch.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Summer was the slightly more serious prequel to Z Nation, which was a low budget, comedic spin on TWD.

While not directly connected (i.e., no shared characters) they're in the same universe and have a lot of the same writers and producers.

If you're familiar with Z Nation or The Asylum (the production company), Black Summer makes more sense.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Summer was the slightly more serious prequel to Z Nation, which was a low budget, comedic spin on TWD.

While not directly connected (i.e., no shared characters) they're in the same universe and have a lot of the same writers and producers.

If you're familiar with Z Nation or The Asylum (the production company), Black Summer makes more sense.

I watched a few episodes of Z Nation, actually liked it, but then got away from it and couldn't remember where I left off. ;)

But even knowing that, the first season literally doesn't have a plot. It's just 90% a series of 1-on-1 or 3-on-3 matches with zombies with almost no dialogue, much less any plot or character development. I literally thought that someone had taken a series of YouTube videos and put them together just to make some dough. That said, some of the chase sequences are pretty entertaining, well shot, and unlike other shows, the zombies are fast, dangerous, and win with high frequency. Rick and Cooooral would have been toast with these zombies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
anyone watch this yet? Malice at the palace has gotten a lot of acclaim ... Ive seen some say this is better but it hasnt got as much viral word of mouth probably since its hockey

looks great, haven't had a chance yet.
but it's on the list

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
speaking of netflix, this looks exactly like the Hitman's Bodyguard

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story about Gal Gadot - she was in town a few weeks ago filming a movie and I met her outside her hotel. We chatted about the area and I told her some local history then told her the joke about the nun, the bowling pin, and the Slip-N-Slide. The same one everyone* here got a kick out of. She then asked if I wanted to come up to her room to discuss things further. I thought for a moment and said "Nah, I wasn't a fan of WW84".

*"that's a finely crafted joke" one user PM'd me**

**"can I use that at my niece's confirmation?" another asked

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the first three episodes of the Steve Martin Short show on Hulu "Only Murders In The Building". I thought it was a lot of fun.

We are still watching Homicide. A lot of times guest stars look familiar to me - sometimes they did other stuff later on, sometimes not. Tonight she looked familiar, would have never guessed who it was.
Hlots.jpg
Any guesses? No cheating!