• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and cornhole.
I've been in Ohio for 15 years. Cornhole definitely existed before last year.

It's like a fucking religion here. You cannot have any sort of party without it. At one of the first things I went to that had it, when they told me what it was I chuckled and said "watch out for your cornhole, bud" and no one laughed. I wasn't sure if it's because no one had seen Office Space or they took cornhole that seriously.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like a fucking religion here. You cannot have any sort of party without it. At one of the first things I went to that had it, when they told me what it was I chuckled and said "watch out for your cornhole, bud" and no one laughed. I wasn't sure if it's because no one had seen Office Space or they took cornhole that seriously.
Oh yeah and I did the same joke as you many years back and still do that joke when I see cornhole being played. Sadly not many people get it. :D

Was meaning more as something you actually see on TV and people winning money. It is insanely funny that people take it that seriously to actually watch others do that activity.

With Pickleball it was something popular in a few pocket areas where old people lived in the south.
I remember seeing courts on St Simons Island, in North GA and Florida.
Why it is getting more popular I have no clue.

Last edited:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither. They probably had a previous bad experience not watching out for their cornhole.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Comeds
7g0m9fg3ec1a1.jpg

In case you want to get your relationship off to a good start with the new girl in HR.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have raised this one well. Wife posted a photo of the youngest and her newly purple colored hair. First comment was from younger brother in law "Nice! Go Ravens!" Youngest responds.

Y: WYDM Ravens?
BIL: Purple for the Ravens!
Y: Ravens are black
BIL: Baltimore Ravens
Y: Ravens are not indigenous to Maryland. Are you thinking of crows? They aren't purple either
BIL: The football team
Y: Meh. I don't care about football

Waiting for this to devolve into a football vs handegg debate next. At least this argument should delay the politics discussion at Thanksgiving dinner a while.

And yes, she knows damn well who the Ravens are

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Comeds
7g0m9fg3ec1a1.jpg

In case you want to get your relationship off to a good start with the new girl in HR.
Thanks, but giving someone from HR a dress call Splatter Pair seems like it could get me in trouble. I am not sure how or why, but seems like it could.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully, there is hardly any politics talk with my family. The only consistent argument is when the entire family always controls the TV to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and my wife, kid and I want to watch A Christmas Story. That gives a good indicator of our intelligence and sensibilities within our family. We usually don't gather for Thanksgiving.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have raised this one well. Wife posted a photo of the youngest and her newly purple colored hair. First comment was from younger brother in law "Nice! Go Ravens!" Youngest responds.

Y: WYDM Ravens?
BIL: Purple for the Ravens!
Y: Ravens are black
BIL: Baltimore Ravens
Y: Ravens are not indigenous to Maryland. Are you thinking of crows? They aren't purple either
BIL: The football team
Y: Meh. I don't care about football

Waiting for this to devolve into a football vs handegg debate next. At least this argument should delay the politics discussion at Thanksgiving dinner a while.

And yes, she knows damn well who the Ravens are

Thankfully, there is hardly any politics talk with my family. The only consistent argument is when the entire family always controls the TV to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and my wife, kid and I want to watch A Christmas Story. That gives a good indicator of our intelligence and sensibilities within our family. We usually don't gather for Thanksgiving.

Do you guys wanna borrow my book?

48785C9D-2019-4FBD-9711-809B9E4E87A9.jpeg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much same. All my time spent with the wife's family is completely uneventful.

alan-rickman-eye-roll.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading out in a few to get the rental car for the trip east. Pray for me.

Have a happy Thanksgiving all. And you Canadians enjoy your Thursday, eh

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading out in a few to get the rental car for the trip east. Pray for me.

Have a happy Thanksgiving all. And you Canadians enjoy your Thursday, eh
Make sure you get the Jeep with the punisher logo on it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.