• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
100+ shots fired and no one hit?
what was this, storm-troopers versus the bad guys from the A-Team?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has been screaming about Ticketmaster for a while. Biden has even commented on wanting to take on predatory fees like Ticketmaster is built on. Then a bunch of Taylor Swift fans crashed the site. While reading up on that I found this:

One dude controls most of the process of consuming music. He also controls Formula 1, owns the Braves and Charter communications - a Cable Operator and broadband provider. And he's a Trumper. One person should not control that much information. They used to break up companies like Standard Oil and Bell. Need to do Fox and this dude next.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karen has vertigo (total bullshit) and naturally will call the cops.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first lady was annoying, but those next two were great.
Yep. Even though this is an entertainment channel. It gives a good glimpse into peoples behavior, selfishness and general common courtesy towards others.

I get he is exploiting folks for views but seriously it isn’t hard to return a cart.

Note: I am biased as I worked at a grocery store when I was 16 and had to gather carts. So I throughly enjoy the channel.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has been screaming about Ticketmaster for a while. Biden has even commented on wanting to take on predatory fees like Ticketmaster is built on. Then a bunch of Taylor Swift fans crashed the site. While reading up on that I found this:

One dude controls most of the process of consuming music. He also controls Formula 1, owns the Braves and Charter communications - a Cable Operator and broadband provider. And he's a Trumper. One person should not control that much information. They used to break up companies like Standard Oil and Bell. Need to do Fox and this dude next.
Once they gave up on breaking up Microsoft they were never going to break up another company again.

This guy's assets pales in comparison to Apple or Amazon, no? And both of those companies have sales, transportation, media and telecom arms. AWS alone is probably, what, half of Amazon's business these days?

And of course all of the Baby Bells merged back into 2 companies lol.

But hey, let's all keep fighting each other about CRT and border walls and abortion and all this other shit to keep everybody's minds off the modern day robber barons who inflict more damage on human life in a day than the most violent of criminals does in a lifetime.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course all of the Baby Bells merged back into 2 companies lol.
Lol for years I worked for a software company that made telecom pricing/network optimization software. Part of the reason the company took off (for a while) was because of the Bell companies being broken up. And part of the reason it fell apart is because the Bell companies were buying each other or merging.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hey, let's all keep fighting each other about CRT and border walls and abortion and all this other shit to keep everybody's minds off the modern day robber barons who inflict more damage on human life in a day than the most violent of criminals does in a lifetime.
Neither side will touch that with a 10 foot pole. Politicians on both sides are owned and operated by corporate interests and it'll take a monumental effort or a landmark court decision to change it.

Same goes with gerrymandering.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't open the door, but nobody said anything about the window...

Status
Not open for further replies.