• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Pittsburgh we just stick to 22 feet exit and on ramps

Ask @forty_three :D
Do they still have the runaway truck ramps around Pittsburgh? I am sure they are in a lot of places but I remember them mainly from my many trips to visit relatives in Pittsburgh as a kid.

They amused me greatly when I was a kid.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they still have the runaway truck ramps around Pittsburgh? I am sure they are in a lot of places but I remember them mainly from my many trips to visit relatives in Pittsburgh as a kid.

They amused me greatly when I was a kid.
Yep I have a friend who thought one was an exit and drove into it and had to be towed out lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They put one in a very busy intersection in the fancy* section of the county, I went through it once and never again. It might be fine now but I still avoid it because of the mayhem early on.

*Fancy partially because it's getting its 3rd major renovation / rebuild in 30 years while the rest of the county never gets any renovation cash
I was going to ask if this is the burb where right of way is decided by the retail price of the car being driven but then I realized that really didn't narrow it down all that much.

But I am guessing Hunt Valley anyway.
Yep I have a friend who thought one was an exit and drove into it and had to be towed out lol
I was behind a Tractor Trailer that had to bail out on one on I-68 once while driving out to visit Mrs 43 when she was in college. Pretty scary to see it happen.

I didn't stop though, Mrs 43's roommate was away that weekend.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Mecum auctions on the TV for background noise. There was just a commercial with Mike Lindell that started off with "Cancel Culture is affecting my business" and he went on to announce that his pillows that were 90 bucks are now on sale for 40.

Hey, fuckstick, it's not Cancel Culture. It's the fact that pillows are between 3 and 15 dollars at Ikea.

And also that you are crazier than a box of frogs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but are the snakes gone? YES

Job done

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Job done

Baltimore - Snake Charm City

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Job done
Get those motherfucking snakes off my motherfu........ oh wrong movie.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was behind a Tractor Trailer that had to bail out on one on I-68 once while driving out to visit Mrs 43 when she was in college. Pretty scary to see it happen.
On US -119 going into Punxsutawney is a nice steep hill. Right before you get into town is a runaway ramp( Essentially at the bottom of the hill is a bridge and then you were in town.). When I was younger we used to go camping up in the area and the one person in our group pulling a trailer had to use that ramp since their brakes gave out going down that hill.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other great Western PA tradition luckily very few exist anymore are the steel grate bridges. They were narrow and when cold and wet were essentially driving over an ice rink.

To get an idea of what I am talking about here is one that I used to drive over a lot.
@sbb122 I don't miss the old Hulton bridge in Oakmont, how/why more people didn't wreck there I will never know.

To top that Pittsburgh is a city with a bridge that connects to a bridge that connects to a bridge. I worked on the Island below, and it was a nightmare around rush hour (NOTE: that was before they re-did the traffic patterns. which still suck)

Finally Pittsburgh has a road made out of wood.

@forty_three didn't you just love driving around this city? :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On US -119 going into Punxsutawney is a nice steep hill. Right before you get into town is a runaway ramp( Essentially at the bottom of the hill is a bridge and then you were in town.). When I was younger we used to go camping up in the area and the one person in our group pulling a trailer had to use that ramp since their brakes gave out going down that hill.

And it sucked especially bad because they had to do it again EVERY DAY

200.gif

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other great Western PA tradition luckily very few exist anymore are the steel grate bridges. They were narrow and when cold and wet were essentially driving over an ice rink.

To get an idea of what I am talking about here is one that I used to drive over a lot.
@sbb122 I don't miss the old Hulton bridge in Oakmont, how/why more people didn't wreck there I will never know.

To top that Pittsburgh is a city with a bridge that connects to a bridge that connects to a bridge. I worked on the Island below, and it was a nightmare around rush hour (NOTE: that was before they re-did the traffic patterns. which still suck)

Finally Pittsburgh has a road made out of wood.

If you learned how to drive in Pittsburgh I think you can drive anywhere.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you learned how to drive in Pittsburgh I think you can drive anywhere.
It is a great city <sarcasm> to learn how to drive a 5 speed. Mechanics made livings off of replacing clutches.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to ask if this is the burb where right of way is decided by the retail price of the car being driven but then I realized that really didn't narrow it down all that much.

But I am guessing Hunt Valley anyway.

I didn't stop though, Mrs 43's roommate was away that weekend.
Towson at York and Dulaney. It may have been there longer than 15 years now that I think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.