• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COLUMBIA, SC — An S.C. trooper who stopped a man for a seat belt violation outside Columbia and then shot him – apparently without provocation – was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature.

Sean Groubert, 31, a lance corporal who was fired from the Highway Patrol after the shooting incident, now faces 20 years in prison if convicted of wrongfully shooting the driver, Levar Jones.

The video shows Groubert firing repeatedly at Jones, who was not armed and who was not behaving aggressively. Jones was struck at least once, in the hip. He spent time in the hospital and is now out of the hospital recuperating.

i guess i shoulda linked the story huh? lol

The story i read was after the guy got shot, at first, he "profusely" apologized for "diving" back into his car

then reality set in and he kept saying "why did you shoot me?"

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only person on this board who's ever been to Columbia. And with that said...it's not surprising. It's a backwards place.

All you need to know is that Columbia is the capitol of SC and it wasn't until 2000 that they stopped flying the Confederate battle flag atop the capitol building.

But in case you wanted more, it's also the former home of (now deceased) Maurice Bessinger, infamous for operating a handful of BBQ restaurants around Columbia in which he refused to serve African Americans because it violated his religious beliefs. He lost a lawsuit that he fought all the way to the Supreme Court. Just to try to keep black people out of his restaurants.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only person on this board who's ever been to Columbia. And with that said...it's not surprising. It's a backwards place.

All you need to know is that Columbia is the capitol of SC and it wasn't until 2000 that they stopped flying the Confederate battle flag atop the capitol building.

But in case you wanted more, it's also the former home of (now deceased) Maurice Bessinger, infamous for operating a handful of BBQ restaurants around Columbia in which he refused to serve African Americans because it violated his religious beliefs. He lost a lawsuit that he fought all the way to the Supreme Court. Just to try to keep black people out of his restaurants.

I have not been to Columbia for any tangible time. But been through it a few times. Just stopping for gas and meals was enough for me to know I didn't want to be there for any tangible amount of time.

There is a lot that irks me about the video (obviously), but the one thing that hit me more than most people is the the fact that the cop was looking for something to happen. He was in the gas station, going about his business and was ready to leave when the victim pulled in. A lot of cops, unless the guy rolled in at 60mph, would not have even looked at him. What reason is there (aside from the easily jumped conclusion) for him to inspect the guy coming in? And then he turns around and confronts the guy for a seatbelt violation. Right there, 95% of the cops on earth if they felt the need to address would have said "Hey, make sure you put that belt on when you get back in the car" and that'd be that. But this shit head comes out all "oooh look at me, I'm the law" and winds up shooting an innocent man.

It's a hard battle, as a cop you come in contact with the scum of the world on a daily basis. But it is imperative that you don't start to associate all people with that scum. When you do, you are no longer serving and protecting. And you are giving every decent cop on earth a bad name.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Authorities say Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps has been arrested on a DUI charge in Maryland. Transit police say they stopped the 29-year-old Phelps at the Fort McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore around 1:40 a.m. Tuesday. Maryland Transportation Authority Police say Phelps was going 84 mph in a 45-mph zone. Police say officers stopped Phelps just past a toll plaza.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Authorities say Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps has been arrested on a DUI charge in Maryland. Transit police say they stopped the 29-year-old Phelps at the Fort McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore around 1:40 a.m. Tuesday. Maryland Transportation Authority Police say Phelps was going 84 mph in a 45-mph zone. Police say officers stopped Phelps just past a toll plaza.

Geez, Raven fans....

*shakes head and slides flask back into desk drawer*

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plausible deniability is the key here.

Until I see TMZ release the dash cam video of the incident, I cannot side with the authorities on this one.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the traffic reports that comeds has provided us, there's no way Phelps could have been doing 84 mph.

/69 maybe

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the traffic reports that comeds has provided us, there's no way Phelps could have been doing 84 mph.

/69 maybe

84 is the speed people often get to in their driveways.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story tickles my ribs.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got some t-bone for yah right here *grips crotch*

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the police grilled him when they caught him.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wasn't trying to be such a hot dog on the chase, the police would have never been able to ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.