• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ohwell:

Man who murdered wife, lover, kicked off Turkish dating show | The Province

Calinak’s first wife was also his cousin.

Later, he got involved with a married woman who assured him she would leave her husband, but that didn’t happen.

They got into an argument, and Calinak felt the need to defend himself with an ax.

She was accidentally killed when I swung the ax,” Calinak is quoted as saying.

Calinak protested during the show that he is just an “honest person looking for a new wife.”

Young Turks, be free tonight.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Hayes should have said I accidentally taped that hashish to my body...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas mayor says police officer should be fired after fatally shooting 93-year-old woman

Hearne police have said in a statement that Golden "brandished a gun" when officer Stephen Stem arrived Tuesday night. Dozens of protesters, including some who came in from Houston, marched to police headquarters on Thursday and were met there by Mayor Ruben Gomez, who said he will recommend that the officer be fired during Saturday's City Council meeting.

"It's a loss of confidence in the community. We can't have an officer the citizens have lost confidence in," Gomez said.

Hearne is home to about 4,500 people surrounded by cotton farms and railways, one of which backs up to Gordon's brick home.

Robertson County District Attorney Coty Siegert said a preliminary autopsy shows Golden was shot twice in the body and grazed by a third bullet. It's the second time Stem has shot and killed a suspect since joining the department in 2012, Siegert said.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/texas-mayor-says-police-officer-fired-fatally-shooting-052512307.html

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dash arent you a father to gymnasts ... I dont think i can stand these gymnasticsmoms and its only been 3 saturdays of sitting and listening to their inane convos

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dash arent you a father to gymnasts ... I dont think i can stand these gymnasticsmoms and its only been 3 saturdays of sitting and listening to their inane convos

I am a father to a gymnast and yes I try to avoid those moms/convos like the plague.

/Last competition of the year next week in Victoria.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On my son's pond hockey team there are three other coaches, so I have watched a few games from the stands. No need for four of us yelling, and two of the other guys coach the AAA team.

I am glad when one of the other coaches can't make it so I can be on the bench. Anything is better than sitting up there listening to the parents.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Chinese kid draws on dad's passport, gets them stuck in South Korea : Mad Mad World, News - India Today

passport_story_650_052914023221.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
they do not mess around in texas
(suspect shot 6 people)

BsI_8I4IcAA6FjC.jpg

BsJVHn2CQAENsNs.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City police are investigating a sexual assault after a woman was allegedly accosted by a naked man in a northwest Calgary cemetery over the weekend.

Police say at around 1 p.m. Saturday, a woman was in the north end of Queens Park Cemetery near a creek when she was grabbed from behind by a nude man and pushed to the ground.

The man forced himself on her and told her to take off her clothes. When the woman fought back, the man got up and walked toward the trees, police said.

Police describe the man as Caucasian, in his late 40s, about five foot seven and 140 pounds, with brown chin-length hair, protruding lips and possibly toothless.

Anyone who has information on the incident or recognizes the man in the composite sketch released by investigators is urged to contact police or Crime Stoppers.

Sounds like a real charming fella...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City police are investigating a sexual assault after a woman was allegedly accosted by a naked man in a northwest Calgary cemetery over the weekend.

Police say at around 1 p.m. Saturday, a woman was in the north end of Queens Park Cemetery near a creek when she was grabbed from behind by a nude man and pushed to the ground.

The man forced himself on her and told her to take off her clothes. When the woman fought back, the man got up and walked toward the trees, police said.

Police describe the man as Caucasian, in his late 40s, about five foot seven and 140 pounds, with brown chin-length hair, protruding lips and possibly toothless.

Anyone who has information on the incident or recognizes the man in the composite sketch released by investigators is urged to contact police or Crime Stoppers.

Sounds like a real charming fella...

At least he didn't ask her if she'd been to the stampede. I understand that's enough to get you shot around Calgary. Or would be if Real 'Mericans® were allowed to carry guns in Canada.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Kinsa surprised that they're already saying the investigation into this tragic incident is not criminal - A little early to make that call, isn't it?

unless there is footage of Stewart swerving INTO the guy... :noidea:
that's a fairly expected result for running into the middle of an active race.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless there is footage of Stewart swerving INTO the guy... :noidea:
that's a fairly expected result for running into the middle of an active race.

Agree on the bolded, but I still think you'd like to talk to more witnesses and gather testimony etc. before making such a statement. In no way do I think Tony Stewart intended to hit the other driver, yet his car seemed to swerve and fishtail a little out of control. Those things shouldn't happen when you're running under caution due to a wreck.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the bolded, but I still think you'd like to talk to more witnesses and gather testimony etc. before making such a statement. In no way do I think Tony Stewart intended to hit the other driver, yet his car seemed to swerve and fishtail a little out of control. Those things shouldn't happen when you're running under caution due to a wreck.

With as much effort as goes into creating hatred and uber-fandom within the fans of that particular sport, I would imagine eye-witness testimony would be incredibly unreliable. I was reading a thread about it on another site after it happened and right after the video link was posted there, there were two or three "well, that doesn't show much" followed by hundreds of people yelling for both sides. One that stood out was a guy whose username was something like "DaleJr88" who stated that it showed clear intent and Tony Stewart should be hanged for murder. Several others defended Stewart's honor with pretty extreme levels of support. Bordering on obsessive.

Finding impartial observers in the group of witnesses is likely going to practically impossible.

Unless video with good sound emerges indicating an increase in exhaust note prior to impact and/or a clear change in direction of the racecar, I don't expect much is going to change. And the guy could very well be getting away with murder.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless video with good sound emerges indicating an increase in exhaust note prior to impact and/or a clear change in direction of the racecar, I don't expect much is going to change. And the guy could very well be getting away with murder.

Yeah, I think the chances of any criminal charges being filed are likely slim to none. However, I think the chances of the Ward family filing a civil suit are very likely.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched the video and while I am not an expert, the first thing that I think is, "People pay to watch this?".

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewarts douchy dirtbag reputation precedes him. And if I may generalize :nod: , the demographic that watches merry go round racing lends itself to extremist hatred of some and populist support of others

hearing that the guy ALWAYS has cameras in his cars ... no matter how podunk the circuit he races on, in any given day/night, and that they werent installed Saturday night is a bit of a headscratcher

and seeing old seemingly innocuous quotes attributed to him about old racing "wars" (below from 2012) can lead some down the path they were already headed but ill leave this one to racing experts and investigators to decide

"Smoke" took exception to the rough racing and let Kenseth know about it.

As Kenseth rolled up pit road, Stewart approached his moving car and chucked his helmet right at his hood.

A few minutes later, Stewart told the press that he didn't care about the helmet, but that he wouldn't forget about Kenseth.

"I'm going to run over him every chance I've got from now 'til the end of the year," Stewart said. "Every chance I've got.”

Status
Not open for further replies.