• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I really hope this is true

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck me I love this kind of NIMBYism.

Speaking from the quiet hamlet of Laskay, in King Township, Sherry Draisey says she understands an interchange of the highway will be built about 1.6 kilometres northeast of her home.

“I am one of the people who will be very badly affected,” she told CP24.

She says the new highway, meant to link highways 407 and 401 to the northern end of Highway 410 in Brampton and head east to join Highway 400, will lead to so much additional road traffic that no one will want to locate to Laskay.

“It will wipe out Laskay,” Draisey, who identifies herself as an environmentalist, says “They’ll just wait for our property values to go down – and then the developers, we’ll just be wiped out.”

Yup, it will wipe out Laskay enough so that...thousands of people will want to move there.

Yogi Berra is smiling somewhere.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Death, taxes and another person dead on Lake Lanier.

Yeah there were a few others in GA waters this weekend but nothing is like Lake Lanier.
@dash not sure how long ago you were at the lake but is essentially now so overcrowded with boats/boat docks, drunk people, bars/restaurants, weekend swimmers/boaters and homes along it. I don't see this ever getting better and only getting worse.

NOTE: Never mentioned this before but I did have a chance about 15 years ago to purchase a home on this lake and didn't. It wasn't anything nice, just a normal house and the dock access was limited. Part of me is kicking myself since the investment but the other part of me is glad I didn't.
ALso, I never had interest in owning a boat as the saying goes the two happiest days in a boat owner's life: the day they purchase it and the day they sell it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah there were a few others in GA waters this weekend but nothing is like Lake Lanier.
@dash not sure how long ago you were at the lake but is essentially now so overcrowded with boats/boat docks, drunk people, bars/restaurants, weekend swimmers/boaters and homes along it. I don't see this ever getting better and only getting worse.

NOTE: Never mentioned this before but I did have a chance about 15 years ago to purchase a home on this lake and didn't. It wasn't anything nice, just a normal house and the dock access was limited. Part of me is kicking myself since the investment but the other part of me is glad I didn't.
ALso, I never had interest in owning a boat as the saying goes the two happiest days in a boat owner's life: the day they purchase it and the day they sell it.

Doesn't boat stand for bust out another thousand? I have two kayaks and the best part is there is no motor or moorage fees lol

/Sad news about somebody drowning at Lake Lanier, though. Alcohol and boating is not a good combo.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't boat stand for bust out another thousand? I have two kayaks and the best part there is no motor or moorage fees lol

/Sad news about somebody drowning at Lake Lanier, though. Alcohol and boating is not a good combo.
Same here. :suds:

Another note on Lake Lanier. One time I was here 34°11'36.0"N 84°05'20.2"W · Lake Lanier, Georgia on my Kayak and almost got hit by a Jet Ski.
Also at this same spot I witnessed someone beach their Jet ski and went for a tumble. That little sandbar to the left of that pinpoint is sometimes underwater, and you won't know it is shallow if not familiar with the area.

And @sabresfaninthesouth curious how often have you been to that Lake? After what happened above I essentially never went back and don't care to.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have the exact same with the lakes in the Charlotte area. I used to kayak on a couple of them and stopped because I was tired of drunk assholes in no wake zones flying within a few feet of me.

The biggest issue with the main lake (Norman) is that it crosses between several counties and and even more towns, so nobody bothers to patrol it, so it's basically a free for all.

Fun fact, it is also legal in NC to hunt from a boat towards/on shore, even if that "towards/on" happens to be someone else's back yard.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the exact same with the lakes in the Charlotte area. I used to kayak on a couple of them and stopped because I was tired of drunk assholes in no wake zones flying within a few feet of me.

The biggest issue with the main lake (Norman) is that it crosses between several counties and and even more towns, so nobody bothers to patrol it, so it's basically a free for all.

Fun fact, it is also legal in NC to hunt from a boat towards/on shore, even if that "towards/on" happens to be someone else's back yard.
Not surprised Lake Norman. All I know is that stretch of I-77 around that area is one of my least favorite places to drive outside 285 around Atlanta.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whenever I would visit my sister we would go a restaurant on lake Wylie. The traffic the lake looked like Thunderdome.

Cllosest lake to me has restrictions like 5hp max for motors, no swimming and any houses have dock allowed, Great for kayaking. Might see pontoon boat, but they arent party barges.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised Lake Norman. All I know is that stretch of I-77 around that area is one of my least favorite places to drive outside 285 around Atlanta.
Yeah, it's pretty awful. But hey, we got under-built, over-priced toll lanes to "solve" that problem.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I would visit my sister we would go a restaurant on lake Wylie. The traffic the lake looked like Thunderdome.

Cllosest lake to me has restrictions like 5hp max for motors, no swimming and any houses have dock allowed, Great for kayaking. Might see pontoon boat, but they arent party barges.
Definitely believe that. Haven't spent much time on Wylie myself, but given that most of it is SC, I can only imagine the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.