• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not CD-RWs?
Pfft....with all your futuristic tech. Nothing works better than this:

1280px-Commodore-Datasette-C2N-Mk1-Front.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your whole program done at the last minute to meet a deadline.
And as you rush to the card reader this happens :D
falling-house-of-cards.gif
I never had to deal with the punch cards, but I was a master with these. The write protect rings made for a good ring toss game.

1642194704115.png

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had to deal with the punch cards, but I was a master with these. The write protect rings made for a good ring toss game.

View attachment 286732
I just had some flashbacks..

And I've used magazines holding several 8" inch floppy disks. The good old IBM 3/X days..

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story with punch cards.

Way back when in college, a group project using punch cards was shared with a few of us. All you had to do was have your name, etc. on the first few cards and share the rest. Pretty easy except for when one of the later cards has a fucking typo...

A bunch of all had "interpercente" one of the cards and of course the professor noted it...

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just came back me. I remember seeing one of these in action. Sounded like it would be taking of the ground with the noise from the keys striking the paper. The good old days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telex

The system normally delivered information at 50 baud or approximately 66 words per minute

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dog Day Afternoon is a great movie but I could never figure out why they began chanting the name of a famous fictional lawyer.....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made two saves today on the bench. First was a cross ice pass that was deflected and the puck came out around the top of my head. Without thinking, I flung my right hand up and caught it.

The next one was a clear from our defensive zone that was heading right for our head coaches' back. I threw my shoulder and chest out and knocked it down.

That shit hurts without pads.

Everyone was cheering our goalie for the win in the locker room and one of my D men said "Yeah, but coach 43 has a better save percentage today!"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had what ended being a great team building hockey day yesterday. Played best team in the league with only 8 skaters. Lost 5-0 but we were down 1-0 mid way through the 3rd when everyone started getting gassed. Kids played their hearts out after learning one of the d will be opting out the rest of the season after his mom was diagnosed with lung cancer (fuck cancer)

So my son volunteered to switch to d starting with the night game last night and he scored the prettiest goal hes ever scored in hockey in his first shift on d. Picked up a loose puck behind the net and started going to one corner, stopped, banked the puck behind him on the boards, broke the forecheckers ankles who yard saled (which led to oohs from the stands and major gut busting from his teammates at the bench) and reversed back the other way, stopped again in the other corner avoided the other forechecker (who slammed into the glass more oohs and teammates screming his name lol) and did a quick pivot ruushing up the middle of the ice, backhand pass to a winger right before the ozone blueline who immediately passed back as my son crossed with speed and he dropped to one knee and one timed the pass top corner for the goal. Thing of beauty wished i had vid but i was scorekeeping. Got to hear the opposing coach say “jesus that kid looked like he was shot out of a cannon”

Team won that game 8-4. Everyone played great. Best 2 team games of the year and great progress as we head to the playoffs in feb

Status
Not open for further replies.