• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
97190375-B6DA-40CB-AD76-0EAC8336B600.jpeg

/would have been perfect if it was johnsons instead of johnstons :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought Mayim BIalik and Aaron Rodgers were the best guest hosts and since the latter wouldn't be available for a few years still Bialik was the best option if she wanted it but this guy seemed like such a white bread nothing of a choice even before you start to hear shit like this:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The onion has been on fire with their tweets the past few days … ive been howling at every one of them it seems

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought Mayim BIalik and Aaron Rodgers were the best guest hosts and since the latter wouldn't be available for a few years still Bialik was the best option if she wanted it but this guy seemed like such a white bread nothing of a choice even before you start to hear shit like this:

Aaron Rodgers habit of slapping the players on the butts when they answer a hard daily double would probably have gotten him in touble eventually.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(non sequitur)

When we first got cable, I had it worked out that I could switch channels and watch M*A*S*H from the time I got home from school until dinner. I thought it was a great show.

Now, working from home, I keep a TV on and TV Land shows 2 hours of it every day. It's a very different show as an adult. I now feel sorry for Frank Burns. I now think Hawkeye is an asshole. I now admire Klinger's persistence. I no longer loathe Mjr Winchester. Still think Radar was the best character on that show.

M*A*S*H is followed by Bonanza (which I never watched) but TV Land starts every episode of Bonanza with a warning that the show contains outdated depictions of social attitudes. It's at that point I usually switch over to poker or surfing or something.

(/non sequitur)

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always wondered what he had been up to since being busted for Oxy at the border.

Wait I’m being told it’s another Mike Richards

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(non sequitur)

When we first got cable, I had it worked out that I could switch channels and watch M*A*S*H from the time I got home from school until dinner. I thought it was a great show.

Now, working from home, I keep a TV on and TV Land shows 2 hours of it every day. It's a very different show as an adult. I now feel sorry for Frank Burns. I now think Hawkeye is an asshole. I now admire Klinger's persistence. I no longer loathe Mjr Winchester. Still think Radar was the best character on that show.

M*A*S*H is followed by Bonanza (which I never watched) but TV Land starts every episode of Bonanza with a warning that the show contains outdated depictions of social attitudes. It's at that point I usually switch over to poker or surfing or something.

(/non sequitur)
A favorite of mine growing up was Taxi. I saw part of one recently and while at times funny, it came across as mean spirited a lot.

Side note: I had a college history professor for numerous classes who claimed he was the basis for Radar in MASH. He gave us enough back story where the class mostly believed him. The author based pretty much everyone on real people and at times barely changed their names or hometowns. For a while the author did not want my teacher claiming he was the basis for the character but I guess they patched things up because it appears he has done some speaking tours as 'the real life radar'.

I didn't really care, he was in both the Korean War and Vietnam so he had tons of cool stories. Also he seemed old and in poor health 30+ years ago. Glad he is still around - looks pretty much the same.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Mayim is getting a spin-off show :thumb:

Bialik will host Jeopardy!'s prime-time and spin-off series, including the new Jeopardy! National College Championship, scheduled to air next year.

"We knew early on that we wanted to divide the hosting responsibilities and it became very clear that Mike and Mayim were the undeniable choices," said Ravi Ahuja, chairman of Global Television Studios and Corporate Development for Sony Pictures in a statement.

"Mike is a unique talent, at ease behind the podium and a double threat as producer and host. Mayim has a wonderful energy, an innate sense of the game, and an authentic curiosity that naturally represents the Jeopardy! brand."

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Update: Mayim is getting a spin-off show :thumb:

Bialik will host Jeopardy!'s prime-time and spin-off series, including the new Jeopardy! National College Championship, scheduled to air next year.

"We knew early on that we wanted to divide the hosting responsibilities and it became very clear that Mike and Mayim were the undeniable choices," said Ravi Ahuja, chairman of Global Television Studios and Corporate Development for Sony Pictures in a statement.

"Mike is a unique talent, at ease behind the podium and a double threat as producer and host. Mayim has a wonderful energy, an innate sense of the game, and an authentic curiosity that naturally represents the Jeopardy! brand."

smart cookie - she picked up a PHD in neuroscience between acting gigs

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss the LeVar Burton hosting week? He would have been my pick.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was very good as the Jeopardy! host, but I think Mayim just edged him out.
I honestly didn't think he was all that good. Just didn't seem as natural as some of the better hosts, although they did only give him one week as opposed to the two most others got.

I think they kinda want someone to stick around long-term too. I'm sure Levar's in great health but he is in his mid-60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.