• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense. I thought someone was a very bad artist and all their faces looked like David Spade. :D

Sort of like myself I can only draw stick figures with smiley faces.

Drawing them is one thing, dating them is another.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aunt Viv with the clapback.

And the fallout from not sitting it out:

NOTE: Phylicia Rashad was named Dean of the College of Fine Arts in May of this year. I bet that position will end soon.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fallout from not sitting it out:

NOTE: Phylicia Rashad was named Dean of the College of Fine Arts in May of this year. I bet that position will end soon.
It was a 7 week position wasn't it?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where I work, they were asking if I would be interested in working 4 ten hour days. I told them that would be awesome because many times over the last 6 years I have worked 5 12 hour days.

Iceland went a step further. 4 8 hour days. I'd be so up for that.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
for a month or two, we have been warning our daughter that if she didn't have a summer job or volunteer position in place by today, there would be an extensive task list each day. and no phone or computer from 9 to 5 - during the "work day".
well, I wasn't sure how regimented it would be, but my wife made it clear that it was not a bluff. She prepared a colo(u)r-coded full page task list. clean the stoves, wash the sinks, vacuum the stairs, wash the floors, dust the piano, etc.
it's amazing. I have never in my life seen anyone more miserable doing chores. dutifully doing them one by one, crossing them off, sulking around the house with a scowl on her face. truly magic.

and the house will be cleaner than it has been for years. Can't wait until it's my turn and I can get some yard work done :)

edit: it has been a regular news story how difficult it has been for restaurants especially to find staff around here,
as the government covid relief programmes are still in place.

Last edited:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a month or two, we have been warning our daughter that if she didn't have a summer job or volunteer position in place by today, there would be an extensive task list each day. and no phone or computer from 9 to 5 - during the "work day".
well, I wasn't sure how regimented it would be, but my wife made it clear that it was not a bluff. She prepared a colo(u)r-coded full page task list. clean the stoves, wash the sinks, vacuum the stairs, wash the floors, dust the piano, etc.
it's amazing. I have never in my life seen anyone more miserable doing chores. dutifully doing them one by one, crossing them off, sulking around the house with a scowl on her face. truly magic.

and the house will be cleaner than it has been for years. Can't wait until it's my turn and I can get some yard work done :)

edit: it has been a regular news story how difficult it has been for restaurants especially to find staff around here,
as the government covid relief programmes are still in place.
We gave my son very close to the same deal as he came home for the summer. He wound up getting a job as a summer camp counselor, so we went to the youngest (15) and told her chores were all hers now.

She has found volunteer opportunities at an animal shelter, and wants to do that every day.

My house is a mess.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
We gave my son very close to the same deal as he came home for the summer. He wound up getting a job as a summer camp counselor, so we went to the youngest (15) and told her chores were all hers now.

She has found volunteer opportunities at an animal shelter, and wants to do that every day.

My house is a mess.

tough lesson, but it's the only way to teach it

my kid wanted to volunteer at SPCA, but it was all the way across town, she would have to take 2 busses.
I think she will wish she was on a bus when it hits "Toilet-Cleaning Tuesday". We have 7 bathrooms in the house. lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough lesson, but it's the only way to teach it

my kid wanted to volunteer at SPCA, but it was all the way across town, she would have to take 2 busses.
I think she will wish she was on a bus when it hits "Toilet-Cleaning Tuesday". We have 7 bathrooms in the house. lol

Do you have the house from "Father of the Bride"?

It's the 7th door on the left.
Second?
7th

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin who lives in Key West reports power outage of a few hours. 30mph gusts and some flooding and pooling along the waterfront, which happens at heavy high tide anyway. Seems like the worst of it might miss them.

In true Key West fashion, People are doing their best to get into the background of Weather Channel shots going on about their business. It's apparently pissing off the people from Weather Channel so now some have resorted to standing behind the cameras and yelling obscenities so they can't go to live shots.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazingly, no one drowned on Lake Lanier this holiday weekend, but the lake tried VERY VERY VERY HARD.

Status
Not open for further replies.