• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is certainly not "The Ladykillers" - a periodic reminder that the Coen brothers can make some bad movies in addition to the often fantastic ones. He was fantastic in Forrest Gump but I just dont like that movie anymore. I'll go with Jimmy Dugan. He was pretty awesome in Apollo 13, Catch Me If You Can, and Charlie Wilson's War. In fact hes usually pretty good.

I am looking forward to his adaptation of A Man Called Ove, an adaptation of a Swedish book / film.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one...

Exactly is there a bad choice?

Gump is always a great choice but growing up watching Bosom Buddies with the old brother so Kip/Buffy is my choice.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r*pe really was viewed differently in years gone by. I knew about Luke and Laura on General Hospital during its heyday but I just read something that mentioned The Poseidon Adventure and I was a fan as a kid so I looked it up. I was reading the synopsis of the novel on Wikipedia and it mentions a character Susan who got separated from the group and raped by a crewman. She quickly begins to like him and forgives him but alas he is sad and kills himself. She survives and at the end of the book she is traveling to her rapists hometown to share the good news that she is pregnant with her rapist's parents.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What started me down this rabbit hole was hearing about an Irwin Allen disaster film I do not remember. It was called "When Time Ran Out" and was about a volcano erupting on a vacation island.

Some highlights:

Guests at the hotel include a bonds smuggler, Francis Fendly (Red Buttons), who is being tailed by a New York City private investigator, Tom Conti (Ernest Borgnine). Also on hand are Rene and Rose Valdez (Burgess Meredith and Valentina Cortese), who are retired circus tightrope walkers. Hank's oil-rig workers include Tiny Baker (Alex Karras), who has a wager going with cockfighting rival Sam (Pat Morita) with a prized rooster that has just been delivered to him. Sam and his wife Mona (Sheila Allen) own a local bar.

Hold onto your hats, you're not going to believe this! The walking bridge to safely across lava breaks apart except for one of the cables holding it. Oh no, all are doomed. If only they had a way to get across a cable.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one...

For a look at his acting ability, I gotta go Cast Away - I mean an hour and a half with just a volleyball as a co-star? But my favorite role of his was Carl Handratty in Catch Me If You Can.

So, some do and don't life advice from forty_three in regards to beach vacations:
Do: Rent a house on Holden Beach, NC
Don't: Fill house with inlaws.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish the lion was just playing dead and waiting for the right moment to pounce - Alas, it is truly dead...

5ec41700-a6ed-11e9-bfb5-b17121c3531b

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish the lion was just playing dead and waiting for the right moment to pounce - Alas, it is truly dead...

5ec41700-a6ed-11e9-bfb5-b17121c3531b
The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe reboot is really going in different directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.