• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line - Cats are no good :D

WELLINGTON, New Zealand — A Canadian woman who authorities say managed to hide her 4-year-old pet cat Bella in her handbag during a flight across the Pacific Ocean had her vacation cut short when border agents discovered the ruse at Auckland Airport.

Ministry for Primary Industries spokesman Craig Hughes said Thursday that the woman was refused entry into the country and was forced to catch the next flight home with her cat after she tried to smuggle it across the border. He called the woman’s actions “reckless and dangerous.”

New Zealand has strict regulations for importing pets. Cats and dogs from most approved countries must have an implanted microchip and be kept in quarantine for a minimum of 10 days after arrival.

Hughes said the woman and her husband, both in their mid- to late-20s, managed to conceal the cat from the flight crew and other passengers during the 11,300-kilometre flight from Vancouver to Auckland.

“Apparently it was a very quiet cat. Very docile,” Hughes said, adding that it may have been given some drugs to make it drowsy.

He said that when the couple arrived at the airport, they said they had nothing to declare. He said border agents then determined they had muddy boots which needed inspecting. Agents then moved the couple’s bags to an X-ray machine.

Hughes said the woman was “very reluctant” to have her small handbag X-rayed and insisted it had already been checked. She finally admitted there was a cat inside, Hughes said, but then said she’d told a ticketing agent about Bella when she purchased her ticket.

Canadian woman sent home after trying to smuggle ‘very quiet’ cat into New Zealand for holiday

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this has happened...

belle-doll-looks-like-justin-bieber-lead.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason he lost a lot of blood was probably because he stopped to write an apology note before heading off for the hospital.

i dont think dupster would do that

/I mean write the apology note

//the stabbing himself ... for sure

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Texas man is demanding a refund from his date after she texted while they were at the movies in Austin.

Brandon Vezmar filed a petition at a small claims court seeking $17.31 in damages.
He claims he spent that much money to take his unidentified date to a 3-D showing of "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2" on May 6, he told the Austin American-Statesman.

"After the movie started, defendant activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages, in direct violation of the theater's policy, " his petition states.

Vezmar accuses his date of "adversely affecting the viewing experience" of moviegoers.
"While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant's behavior is a threat to civilized society," his petition says.

Vezmar told the newspaper that he met the woman online, and that it was their first date.
"It was kind of a first date from hell," he said, adding that texting at the movies is, "like, one of my biggest pet peeves."

The woman, who asked the paper not to use her name, said she was texting a friend who needed her.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Texas man is demanding a refund from his date after she texted while they were at the movies in Austin.

Brandon Vezmar filed a petition at a small claims court seeking $17.31 in damages.
He claims he spent that much money to take his unidentified date to a 3-D showing of "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2" on May 6, he told the Austin American-Statesman.

"After the movie started, defendant activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages, in direct violation of the theater's policy, " his petition states.

Vezmar accuses his date of "adversely affecting the viewing experience" of moviegoers.
"While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant's behavior is a threat to civilized society," his petition says.

Vezmar told the newspaper that he met the woman online, and that it was their first date.
"It was kind of a first date from hell," he said, adding that texting at the movies is, "like, one of my biggest pet peeves."

The woman, who asked the paper not to use her name, said she was texting a friend who needed her.

Who the hell goes to the movies on a first date?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not one for frivolous lawsuits, but I hope that guy wins.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one for frivolous lawsuits, but I hope that guy wins.

One thing is for sure, he'll never have to worry about ever going on another date ever again.

"Where do I know your name from?"
"I was in the news"
"Oh... you're that first date text lawsuit guy. I just remembered, I have to wash my hair that night"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

"So I guess a blowjob is out of the question?"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever been to Malta and/or Sardinia? If so, any tips/suggestions?

nope ... never malta and farthest south in italy ive been is Sorrento ... but as with any time someone goes south of Siena, island or mainland, a word of advice from my Lega Nord cugines ... dont get knifed!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope ... never malta and farthest south in italy ive been is Sorrento ... but as with any time someone goes south of Siena, island or mainland, a word of advice from my Lega Nord cugines ... dont get knifed!
Think the only thing we're doing south of Tuscany besides Malta is a few days in Roma. Would love to do Amalfi but I'm far more intrigued by Tuscany.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the only thing we're doing south of Tuscany besides Malta is a few days in Roma. Would love to do Amalfi but I'm far more intrigued by Tuscany.

When we did a road trip we came from Venice so you may not hit some of the hill towns in the east but Ill give you our route and memorable towns that you may want to look into/research if youre interested ... Urbino, Gubbio, Assisi (gotta take a picture at the McDonalds on the bench in front of the mural with Ronald and Jesus sitting on either side of you lol), Perugia, Orvieto, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Siena (when you going? Palio time?), Firenze (of course), Pisa (of course)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we did a road trip we came from Venice so you may not hit some of the hill towns in the east but Ill give you our route and memorable towns that you may want to look into/research if youre interested ... Urbino, Gubbio, Assisi (gotta take a picture at the McDonalds on the bench in front of the mural with Ronald and Jesus sitting on either side of you lol), Perugia, Orvieto, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Siena (when you going? Palio time?), Firenze (of course), Pisa (of course)
I had mostly planned on sticking to the central/west area but Urbino is a gem and I might have to deviate now.

I'm gonna miss the horsey fun by a few weeks. Still wanna stop in Siena though. I'm leaving from Pisa to Sardinia so it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.