• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipping my wife's toothbrush into some clear hot sauce. Interested in seeing how this plays out tomorrow morning.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tornado sirens at 5am is a very effective alarm clock. There is no snoozing.

We're good, it was mainly to the south. Hockey family friends of ours are about 4 miles from this airport, or what used to be an airport:

I have a co-worker who now has no fence, about half the siding they used to, and no idea where their trampoline is. Which is better than one of his neighbors. That guy is looking for his garage. Another person the next neighborhood over posted this pic in their neighborhood group from their ring doorbell.

Fortunately, no major injuries anywhere.

Attachments

• 429679454_3743667085920233_1517717514382688930_n.jpg
    429679454_3743667085920233_1517717514382688930_n.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a bit dangerous, but still funny.

When I was in university, I worked at a home improvement retailer in our area (no longer exists - Lumberland for the locals), and the majority of guys on staff was the same age (18 to 25).

We always wanted so badly for the "10-100 customer service" code to be mentioned on the in store pager system because we all wanted to beat the shit out of shoplifters lol

One guy once tried to shoplift a shit ton of 12 inch circular saw blades by stuffing them down his pants ... and he had a getaway car roll up to the front of the store as he bolted out the front door. We swarmed the car like zombies which is pretty much what we were lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a fan of dark humour but this... this is disgusting

just doing it to get their names out there ... maybe get a podcast or something on an extremist right wing media/medium.

Saying that the proceeds of the sale of the tshirt would go to Ukraine was the coup de grace :L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just doing it to get their names out there ... maybe get a podcast or something on an extremist right wing media/medium.

Saying that the proceeds of the sale of the tshirt would go to Ukraine was the coup de grace :L
they have had several of their shows cancelled here and in alberta and I think manitoba. just brutal people

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
When I was in university, I worked at a home improvement retailer in our area (no longer exists - Lumberland for the locals), and the majority of guys on staff was the same age (18 to 25).

We always wanted so badly for the "10-100 customer service" code to be mentioned on the in store pager system because we all wanted to beat the shit out of shoplifters lol

One guy once tried to shoplift a shit ton of 12 inch circular saw blades by stuffing them down his pants ... and he had a getaway car roll up to the front of the store as he bolted out the front door. We swarmed the car like zombies which is pretty much what we were lol
A guy I recruited for my hockey team back in the day was working at the liquor store, but was told explicitly of the no-chase policy.

He was 6'5, 240lbs and a year removed from the Portland Winterhawks.
Poor guy wasn't even allowed to be effective.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy I recruited for my hockey team back in the day was working at the liquor store, but was told explicitly of the no-chase policy.

In the incident I mentioned above there were guys jumping on the hood of the car, there was a guy with one hand pulling the drivers hair, one guy throwing punches at the driver, another pulling the shoplifter out the passenger side. Pounded him when we pulled him out. The car lurched a couple times and crazy that no one got run over. When loss prevention finally calmed the situation and was dealing with the shoplifter he had blood pouring down the bottom of him pant leg ... from the saw blades. Renegade "corporate" times when legal liability was an afterthought.... and not really that long ago... mid to late 90's

The loss prevention guys hated us lol but they werent any better. There were guys who would come in to the store and shoplift lacquer thinner and go huff it down the road on the train tracks. I remember seeing one of the loss prevention guys chasing a shoplifter who did that and catching up to him easily at the tracks and bodychecking him from the side on to the train tracks ... was a nasty fall

Company policies dealing with shoplifters changed were introduced shortly after there was an armed robbery and someone called out a "10-100 to the front tills" (all available staff to front of the store - shoplifting in progress) code over the paging system by mistake in a panic when they should have called a "Mr Black to the front of the store" (meaning all security cameras point to front of store as robbery in progress). One employee ran to the front tills and had a gun pointed right at his forehead.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the incident I mentioned above there were guys jumping on the hood of the car, there was a guy with one hand pulling the drivers hair, one guy throwing punches at the driver, another pulling the shoplifter out the passenger side. Pounded him when we pulled him out. The car lurched a couple times and crazy that no one got run over. When loss prevention finally calmed the situation and was dealing with the shoplifter he had blood pouring down the bottom of him pant leg ... from the saw blades. Renegade "corporate" times when legal liability was an afterthought.... and not really that long ago... mid to late 90's

The loss prevention guys hated us lol but they werent any better. There were guys who would come in to the store and shoplift lacquer thinner and go huff it down the road on the train tracks. I remember seeing one of the loss prevention guys chasing a shoplifter who did that and catching up to him easily at the tracks and bodychecking him from the side on to the train tracks ... was a nasty fall

Company policies dealing with shoplifters changed were introduced shortly after there was an armed robbery and someone called out a "10-100 to the front tills" (all available staff to front of the store - shoplifting in progress) code over the paging system by mistake in a panic when they should have called a "Mr Black to the front of the store" (meaning all security cameras point to front of store as robbery in progress). One employee ran to the front tills and had a gun pointed right at his forehead.

just before Covid we had some exchange students and we took them for their first sushi experience next to a London Drugs at Scott Road and 72nd. We had just ordered when a body was thrown up against the window we were sitting in with one guy pushing another against it. they were ready to break the glass so I went out to look at what was going on. it was clear that the loss prevention officer was trying to stop the thief and was losing the battle. the thief then started to reach into his pocket and I had to intervene, I have some advanced experience in Hap Ki Do (Korean Martial Arts) and know a various amount of arm bars, wrist locks etc.. I grabbed his hand before it went fully into the pocket and put it in a back wrist lock. the guy instantly stopped struggling and was starting to cry that I was breaking his wrist ( I was only applying enough pressure to prevent movement) I basically said if you want it to work again stop struggling with the officer. He did immediatley. the loss prevention officer thanked me and the police showed up and I didnt even have to make a statement I just went in to eat my sushi with my wife and the students and those students just stared at me the whole lunch lol. it was their 2nd day in canada. they were probably my best behaved students,

I hate thieves.

i beleive someone filmed me and I probably looked like this

skidoosh-kung-fu-panda.gif

skadoosh-kung-fu-panda.gif

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The aforementioned neighbor of my co-worker
2xavtpdpnclc1.jpeg

Edit: He found his trampoline. It was on the roof of a house 3 streets away. It had six horseshoe anchors and has lived through 3 years of other storms.

Last edited:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a funnier story from grade 12.

we used to skip school on the regular and one day we went to Toys R US in Richmond off 3rd next to the old Save on Foods. There were 6 of us and we were just wasting time in the store when the loss prevention officer took notice of us and started following us, we all decided to split up and have him try to watch all of us in different aisles just to fuck with him. he was struggling to see who he would follow most and some of my friends would mimic putting something in their coat with their back to him while they put nothing in there. he was clearly pissed off and after quite a while he just told us to leave which we did

that night at our friends place his sister brought her new boyfriend to meet us.

it was him lol

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just before Covid we had some exchange students and we took them for their first sushi experience next to a London Drugs at Scott Road and 72nd. We had just ordered when a body was thrown up against the window we were sitting in with one guy pushing another against it. they were ready to break the glass so I went out to look at what was going on. it was clear that the loss prevention officer was trying to stop the thief and was losing the battle. the thief then started to reach into his pocket and I had to intervene, I have some advanced experience in Hap Ki Do (Korean Martial Arts) and know a various amount of arm bars, wrist locks etc.. I grabbed his hand before it went fully into the pocket and put it in a back wrist lock. the guy instantly stopped struggling and was starting to cry that I was breaking his wrist ( I was only applying enough pressure to prevent movement) I basically said if you want it to work again stop struggling with the officer. He did immediatley. the loss prevention officer thanked me and the police showed up and I didnt even have to make a statement I just went in to eat my sushi with my wife and the students and those students just stared at me the whole lunch lol. it was their 2nd day in canada. they were probably my best behaved students,

I hate thieves.

i beleive someone filmed me and I probably looked like this

skidoosh-kung-fu-panda.gif

skadoosh-kung-fu-panda.gif
Mattola, my friend.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I am not a fan of thievery either (except of hearts), and some of my first jobs coworkers and I would hope someone would do something like that. But I am not a kid anymore and it did not seem like they were employees. They could have taken his picture, gotten his license plate or many other things besides physical contact on him. Just a bunch of wannabe Paul Blarts / Kyle Rittenhouses.

If someone is hurting someone else, or even if he was taking things from another civilian - do whatever you have to, but in this case dont touch him.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I am not a fan of thievery either (except of hearts), and some of my first jobs coworkers and I would hope someone would do something like that. But I am not a kid anymore and it did not seem like they were employees. They could have taken his picture, gotten his license plate or many other things besides physical contact on him. Just a bunch of wannabe Paul Blarts / Kyle Rittenhouses.

If someone is hurting someone else, or even if he was taking things from another civilian - do whatever you have to, but in this case dont touch him.
Probably don’t want their area to turn into a place where toothpaste is locked behind plexiglass.