• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, would rather go to White Spot or a pub for a burger than what the fast food charges for what you are getting
Even White Spot got pretty pricey but I still like it, and if you go in there or a Cactus Club etc. already knowing what you want you can be in and out of there in maybe five more minutes than it takes you to get your food at a McDonalds or Wendy’s when you factor in all the drive thru and online orders they have to process now.

Plus lower chance of your stomach turning into False Creek.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I went to Wendy's for the first time in a long time about 2 weeks ago, grabbed the chicken sandwich. My first thought was "was it always this small?".

Fast food has become so expensive and quantities smaller that you're better off going to a half-decent "bar & grill" and getting something similar for an extra $5-10 that's actually good.

I hope they all disappear from existence in the next decade. Start with Tim Hortons (sorry puck).
I like Tim Hortons chicken bacon ranch sammiches. And keep collecting point on their app, so get a free lunch every now and then.

Mainly hit whatever specials are on when I am downtown. Black + Blue has a $17 burger and beer on Fridays. Considering a mcd meal runs close to $15 regular price, that's a hell of a deal.

yup, would rather go to White Spot or a pub for a burger than what the fast food charges for what you are getting
Whitespot is getting on the expensive side, too.
$20+ for a burger as a starting point.
During covid, their meals no longer included the drinks, so that's another couple of bucks.

Call me crazy, but I find A&W to be one of the better fast food places.
I like it so much, I bought the company! (well, a few shares in it anyway)

I miss Harvey's burgers. They used to be in the Home Depots, but not for a few years.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention that. I was in Pigeon Forge TN last year and there was an A&W there so naturally I had to stop as it was the first one I have seen in years. I honestly had no clue they were still a thing!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention that. I was in Pigeon Forge TN last year and there was an A&W there so naturally I had to stop as it was the first one I have seen in years. I honestly had no clue they were still a thing!
old story below but US and CDN A&W's dont compare. I went to one when we drove the Oregon Coast and dear lord no comparison

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a different company here. A&W was mostly in small shacks and mall food courts here forever then about a decade ago they decided to expand like crazy.

It’s pretty good but again, too expensive for a burger.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly A&W did the 1/3 pound burger promotion that failed because the morons here in the US thought it was smaller than the McDonalds 1/4 pounder.
Meme Youre Smart GIF by Bayer 04 Leverkusen

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly A&W did the 1/3 pound burger promotion that failed because the morons here in the US thought it was smaller than the McDonalds 1/4 pounder.
same people voted for trump

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stock up on this when its on sale for $3.47 each (limit 4 lol) ... Its solely for emergencies ... like the times when I have to get my daughter to her 4:30pm gymnastics training session and I have 14 minutes before we have to leave ... youll be amazed by how much energy she can get from eating 2 thin slices of cardboard!!!

View attachment 355633
cant wait to taste the hawaiian one of these.