• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I feel in the house right now

View attachment 354576
You might get lucky. Half of the people in my brother's house had it, and my brother never got it. Of course they killed him later on because they were annoyed he never got it and he kept praising his "godlike resistance". But at least he died doing what he loved - realizing that wasnt actually an almond flavored milkshake they made him.

Last edited:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might get lucky. Half of the people in my brother's house had it, and my brother never got it. Of course they killed him later on because they were annoyed he never got it and he kept praising his "godlike resistance". But at least he died doing what he loved - realizing that wasnt actually an almond flavored milkshake they made him.
Sometimes you scare me, man.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happened Wednesday up here ... kids were playing nicky nicky nine door / ding dong ditch (whatever you call it in your neck of the woods) and a dude decided to chase them down in his car.

brought back the memories for me. Coffee talk We did this and the guy ran out his front door, hopped in his Chevy Nova and caught up to us 2 blocks away as we ran down the sidewalk. Didnt run us over tho :pray: ... did a sharp turn skidded at the corner intersection to stop us in our tracks and came out of his car and grabbed one of my friends by the throat

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happened Wednesday up here ... kids were playing nicky nicky nine door / ding dong ditch (whatever you call it in your neck of the woods) and a dude decided to chase them down in his car.

brought back the memories for me. Coffee talk We did this and the guy ran out his front door, hopped in his Chevy Nova and caught up to us 2 blocks away as we ran down the sidewalk. Didnt run us over tho :pray: ... did a sharp turn skidded at the corner intersection to stop us in our tracks and came out of his car and grabbed one of my friends by the throat

figured they were up to no good but that is not the response I expected (the one you got yeah, I have gotten that as well when I was a kid) but that looked like he was actually trying to kill them.

that person needs to spend a long time in jail.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figured they were up to no good but that is not the response I expected (the one you got yeah, I have gotten that as well when I was a kid) but that looked like he was actually trying to kill them.

that person needs to spend a long time in jail.
If he had just used a gun he'd be a hero.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Off topic about books but does anybody read John Sanford’s novels?

Specifically the Lucas Davenport or Virgil Flowers series?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Off topic about books but does anybody read John Sanford’s novels?

Specifically the Lucas Davenport or Virgil Flowers series?
I thought I had read a couple, but looking at them none seem familiar. Are they good?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am remembering correctly, don't several John Sanford novels take place in the state of Minnesota? I seem to recall reading a few Lucas Davenport centered novels and I liked them.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I had read a couple, but looking at them none seem familiar. Are they good?
Yes they are very good. There are tons of them. I haven’t read any since around 2016. Not sure how the new ones are.
If I am remembering correctly, don't several John Sanford novels take place in the state of Minnesota? I seem to recall reading a few Lucas Davenport centered novels and I liked them.
Yep, you are correct. Lucas was a former college hockey player in his younger days.

Why I asked and I know it is a longshot but I have scoured Google, Reddit and other places and I can’t find the answer to this question.

There was a book and I’m almost positive it was a Sanford novel featuring Virgil Flowers where there was an abusive husband who went missing in his prized car.

It was always speculated the wife killed him but she denied having anything to do with his disappearance. She kept insisting he just finally ran off because he was tired of living with her.

She had either a flower bed or a garden that she loved and was always working in it. At the end of the novel Virgil (the detective) who had taken a liking to her, got her to admit that her husband was buried in the car under her garden all of those years.

For the life of me I cannot think of the name of this book, and I really don’t want to page through the 25 or so that I have to find out what it is.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while since I read a Sanford novel @sbb122 and what you're describing above is not registering with me.