• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to donate to some charities that help poor kids in rough neighbourhoods go see movies that they would not normally be able to see for the theatre experience but then the last 2 donations I made really fucking irked me. they said that on both they were ALMOST at their goal... then I donated both over the goal amount and 30 mins later they released another post starting a FRESH goal.
Hopefully not, thats a pretty cool charity.

When I worked at a photo lab back in the middle ages there was a regular customer who ran a charity where his group would take inner city-underprivledged kids camping for the weekend. Not only did they get out and have a nice weekend, they were exposed to things they had never seen. He would explain they would see animals they had never seen before and would often act fearfully or aggresively at first, then as soon as they were told the animals posed no threat - they warmed up to them quickly.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty sad that giving a coworker the candies below got me a meeting with HR. What a world we live in.
31jCsMZwvdL.jpg

In retrospect perhaps I should have just handed them to her, instead of hiding them in her purse to surprise her....but still

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not, thats a pretty cool charity.

When I worked at a photo lab back in the middle ages there was a regular customer who ran a charity where his group would take inner city-underprivledged kids camping for the weekend. Not only did they get out and have a nice weekend, they were exposed to things they had never seen. He would explain they would see animals they had never seen before and would often act fearfully or aggresively at first, then as soon as they were told the animals posed no threat - they warmed up to them quickly.

I cant bring myself to donate to red cross, SPCA and other big organizations like that as much as I support what they do I dont believe the money is being used as it is supposed to be. i find starting a brand new goal for the same function very deceptive and I know its designed to get your emotions in order to donate. but where does it stop? They must have realized that I stopped and that I was bothered by it as they sent me a DM explaining which I didnt like.

I'll see if I still have it.

Edit found it

1000034569.png

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I cant bring myself to donate to red cross, SPCA and other big organizations like that as much as I support what they do I dont believe the money is being used as it is supposed to be. i find starting a brand new goal for the same function very deceptive and I know its designed to get your emotions in order to donate. but where does it stop? They must have realized that I stopped and that I was bothered by it as they sent me a DM explaining which I didnt like.

Edit found it

View attachment 354495
We always donate blankets and towels to the SPCA.
Cash gets used up too much by the execs.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We always donate blankets and towels to the SPCA.
Cash gets used up too much by the execs.
yeah we also do Charlies Pet Food Bank that goes through the SPCA. its all physical donations. Our Rescue usually donates bages of food, treats and blankets and we get many donations via our rescue for it. Charlies Pet Food Bank is for the downtown eastside and abused women shelter to help them with their pets.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit found it

View attachment 354495
Sometimes cash to the Red Cross for me if something major happens. Normally they just get my blood, or if I have time my platelets. My mother and I apparently have a lot of platelets - supposedly they can get three units out of us each time - but I rarely do that unless I have time off because its a 2 1/2 hour event.
I am sure, like my cash, the executives sit around sipping my delicious platelets and very little gets to people who need it, but you never know.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit found it

View attachment 354495
Like you I've basically stopped donating period unless it's physical items. See my "Everyone is a grifter" post from yesterday.

We've become such a low-trust society. I hate it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes cash to the Red Cross for me if something major happens. Normally they just get my blood, or if I have time my platelets. My mother and I apparently have a lot of platelets - supposedly they can get three units out of us each time - but I rarely do that unless I have time off because its a 2 1/2 hour event.
I am sure, like my cash, the executives sit around sipping my delicious platelets and very little gets to people who need it, but you never know.

this is very believable in todays world.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always assumed that when a bus hits his 4 ways after a merge that was their thank you. This way is cooler.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've become such a low-trust society. I hate it.
Which came first, the low-trust society, or the plethora of conspiracy theories, baseless statements and downright lies on social media?

There's a high correlation there.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure, like my cash, the executives sit around sipping my delicious platelets and very little gets to people who need it, but you never know
Who doesn't enjoy a good corpuscle-ccino in the morning?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which came first, the low-trust society, or the plethora of conspiracy theories, baseless statements and downright lies on social media?

There's a high correlation there.
Mattola does need to chill with the conspiracies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn't enjoy a good corpuscle-ccino in the morning?
Starbucks gonna test market these and theyll sell better than Oleato :gaah:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entire house has COVID except me... Looks like I'm nurse maid

1000034593.png