• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bearcats

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team would be much better off if Shaq just quit.

Thanks, Shaq. There's the door.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UC rolls past a terrible ECU team by 20. Even the white walk-on scored on a "And-1" layup. Of course, in true UC fashion, he bricked the FT.

Gary Clark is simply a man. As a Freshman, he's 6th in the nation (among Freshman) in rebounds...he had 16 last night.

8pts, 16 rbs, 4 blocks, 4 steals, and 4 Assist.

Caupain had 5 pts in a 15 second span thanks to Clark stealing a ball, finding him on the 3pt line, setting the pick while Caupain drilled the 3pt shot. Then on the inbounds, Clark tipped yet another pass that landed right in Caupain's hands for a floater.

Kevin Johnson finally started shooting the ball better as well...UConn up next. They struggled against a poor USF team. UConn is not nearly as good as everyone thought they would be, but it will still be a tough road game for UC.

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ECU isn't good, but that was the most fluent I've seen this team look in a while. No long scoring droughts, not too many brain farts.

I still can't figure out why they can't get someone who can hit a goddamn free throw. These kids that are all worried about their stat line need to realize how many points they're leaving out there when they're shooting 60%.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ECU isn't good, but that was the most fluent I've seen this team look in a while. No long scoring droughts, not too many brain farts.

I still can't figure out why they can't get someone who can hit a goddamn free throw. These kids that are all worried about their stat line need to realize how many points they're leaving out there when they're shooting 60%.

It makes you really wonder, I agree, about the FT shooting/practice. There is no reason for most of these guys like Shaq and Sanders to be missing FT's. Especially when you have your Centers and PF shooting better % than them!

I think the NC State game was their best all around game to date, and maybe the SDSU since that was a big win. 2nd half of SMU game really opened up thanks to Cobb's shooting in the 2nd half.

With the AAC down this year (UConn, SMU, and Memphis not as good as thought) UC can be right there at the end of the year with the type of defense they are playing.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati got completely homered today. It was blatant.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati got completely homered today. It was blatant.

Boatright commits a foul on every defensive possession. It's not even close. You are not allowed to hand-check anymore, and he's grabbing and pulling on the guys.

However, defensively, the team let down in the 2nd half...but they've shown improvement, especially on offense overall since the start of the year.

The only big question(s) I have are why Clark and Ellis continue to see a lot of bench time when they are not in foul trouble. During UConn's run Sanders, Moorman, and Moore were all in the game...none of them are especially adept at defense.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have seen, Clark and Ellis should be averaging close to 35 minutes per game. Those two are definitely game changers.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have seen, Clark and Ellis should be averaging close to 35 minutes per game. Those two are definitely game changers.

Clark is averaging more rebounds per game than both Fortson and Maxielle as freshman...that's not a bad standard. Throw in his 7-10 points a game, and 1-2 blocks per game, and you really can't ask for much more from a freshman.

Ellis has been a lot steadier than I thought he'd be with transitioning back to D-1.

Caupain has clearly improved at PG, and Kevin Johnson is learning to play more minutes...even DeBerry at backup Center is pretty good.

In fact, I'd almost rather see Clark slide into the SF postion, you could slide Ellis to PF, and DeBerry at C...and you would greatly improve the defense without Shaq or Sanders on the floor. You may not get much offense out of Clark at SF, but then again, you're not getting any offense out of Sanders/Shaq at SF either, but you will get better defense and rebounding.

Overall, I think UC has played much better than I thought they would with 7 new players. Still lots of things to work on, especially turnovers and offense, but from what I was originally expecting, they are doing much better.

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. I'm getting season tickets for Bearcats football for the family next year. Can't wait to see Nippert when it's finished.

Also probably going to take my son to a few bball games this year. Even though there's not much to see, this group could end up being decent come next season.

Hopefully the Big 12 rumors are true. It's probably their last opportunity to get out of this shitty conference. Plus, I'd love to see Texas, OU and Kansas State coming in for games, plus Kansas each year in basketball.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. I'm getting season tickets for Bearcats football for the family next year. Can't wait to see Nippert when it's finished.

Also probably going to take my son to a few bball games this year. Even though there's not much to see, this group could end up being decent come next season.Hopefully the Big 12 rumors are true. It's probably their last opportunity to get out of this shitty conference. Plus, I'd love to see Texas, OU and Kansas State coming in for games, plus Kansas each year in basketball.

Agreed.

I think next year you are looking at a team that could make a serious run if they can continue to improve. You look at how good they are this year in, for many, is their first year at D-1 and with some experience and another year to grow stronger...

Seniors would include: Shaq at SF, and Cobb of the bench and Ellis and Deberry at the Center positions
Juniors would include: Caupain and Johnson at PG and SG
Sophs would include: Clark, Moore, and Moorman, with Clark having huge experience this year
Freshman include 2 top 150 players at PG and SF...these guys will have more impact than current seniors just based on talent alone (Sanders and Guyn).

UC will have a lot of experience and depth over the next couple of seasons with impact players like Ellis and Clark, and Caupain if he continues to develop like he has.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this season has over. The team has quit on their coach. Not really surprising.

Mick needs to come back now.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this season has over. The team has quit on their coach. Not really surprising.

Mick needs to come back now.

They flat gave up with about 7 minutes left in that game.

Just flat out quit.

Memphis is not good...I know road games are tough, but that is a game they absolutely should have won.

Also, why in the world does Ellis and Clark keep going to the bench with no foul trouble. I realize that Ellis had some fouls later in the game, but they keep running a platoon system with their B and C players all on the floor. They ain' UK, they don't have the talent to do that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, once again...Shaq had a stellar game...0 points.

It's like playing with 4 guys out there because what else can you do? Sanders is just as useless.

They did go with Moorman and Johnson at the 2/3 for a while last night...I think that's the best option, really. Shaq has had 2+ years to show you he can do something...and in a year where it should be, really, his time and his team...he's regressed...badly.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was better. Apparently, Mick had a come to Jesus meeting with the players following the Memphis loss. This team now needs to reel off 5 or more in a row.

The next game is a gimmie....Houston hasn't won a conference game yet.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was better. Apparently, Mick had a come to Jesus meeting with the players following the Memphis loss. This team now needs to reel off 5 or more in a row.

The next game is a gimmie....Houston hasn't won a conference game yet.

Houston, @UCF, and then home against UConn, and then @ECU...they should win all of those games. @SMU is probably a loss, but then @USF which should be another win...Then the schedule toughens for a stretch.

It helps when Davis leaves the starters in. 7-0 UC, then he pulls the starters at the under 16 TO of the 1st half...makes no sense. 9-7 Temple after that. It also helps when guys attack the paint and open up easy layups and open shots to make. Surprisingly it was Sanders filling that role, but it has to be somebody willing to drive and kick. That drive opens up everything.

Ellis, Clark, and Caupain should never be off the floor outside of foul-trouble, or a short rest, and they should never be off at the same time.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win last night.

Gary Clark = Beast.

Caupain is clearly becoming the leader this team desperately needs. At times, he just takes over. Good to see that emerging.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a disgusting loss at ECU, a solid W on the road against a ranked opponent.

It's amazing to see this team grow. Every impact player will return next year, and more and more this is becoming Troy's team...and he's the youngest player on the team as a soph.

Not many teams would go on the road to a tough place to play, turn it over 10 times in 14 trips, and only be down 5 at the half, and win that game. A character win all around.

Also, Larry Davis finally seemed to wake up in the 2nd half, stopped subbing crappy players in, and actually used a few time outs to help save some possessions. About damn time. He had the Marvin Lewis playoff face going in the 1st half. Just staring out at the court with no damn clue.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Mick back. Davis is apparently trying to lose.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Mick back. Davis is apparently trying to lose.

I do think he's overwhelmed at times.

His rotations make very little sense. At one point during the SMU game he had Kevin Johnson as the only starter on the floor...you just can't do that. If you are going to work in Moore or DeBerry it has to be with the other starters, unless there are foul issues for Clark/Ellis.

Also, at the ECU game, where Caupain was benched to start the game, Cobb starts and was red-hot, was benched at something like the 14 minute mark, and never got back into the game until there was less than 3 minutes left in the half?! How do you let that happen?

He, like Marvin, needs to hire a guy for timeouts. The ECU game might have been saved had he used a time-out to save clark from a double-team that ultimately led to a turnover and the tying score. A time out would have at least saved possession and given them a shot to score and increase the lead, or at least not led to a fast-break layup.

Mick thinks he can return in March....let's hope so.