• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bearcats

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both Caupain and Ellis have that potential. So does Cobb, but potential and ability to actually do that, well, those are two different things.

The nice thing is 2 of the 3 kids coming in are pretty highly rated and are expected to be able to help right away, which is good.

Moorman is officially gone, and that opens up another scholarship (They have 2 open now). I wouldn't be surprised to see another JUCO center or PF signed for depth. After this coming year, it is Moore and Clark in the post.

Moore won't last.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore won't last.

Agreed. It's why I think we'll see a PF/C from the JUCO ranks signed late for this year, and they will focus on getting another guy in here as a Freshman for 2016.

Moore reminds me of Justin Jackson. A kid who comes in thinking they have an outside game, but they are a front-line player. It's sad that it took Jackson 4 years to figure that out, or he could have been really, really good (as a college player).

If I'm Mick, I sit down with Moore and show him tapes of Jackson from years 1-3, and then Jackson his Senior year. Hell, I call Jackson and have him come in to talk to Moore. I put all the pressure I can on getting Moore to see he's a PF/C, and with his size, and ability to gain weight...he could be unstopable around the rim. His shooting 'touch' can be an asset, but shouldn't ever be the focal point.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both Caupain and Ellis have that potential. So does Cobb, but potential and ability to actually do that, well, those are two different things.

The nice thing is 2 of the 3 kids coming in are pretty highly rated and are expected to be able to help right away, which is good.

Moorman is officially gone, and that opens up another scholarship (They have 2 open now). I wouldn't be surprised to see another JUCO center or PF signed for depth. After this coming year, it is Moore and Clark in the post.

I think Clark has that potential. He's skilled in the post, just needs to want to score more......Caupain, also, needs to look to score more.......

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clark has that potential. He's skilled in the post, just needs to want to score more......Caupain, also, needs to look to score more.......
I said all year that if he takes this off-season, continues to get stronger AND works on a jumper. About 8-10 foot, he can be a real force.

Then, saw in an interview the first thing he said he was going to do this off-season was work on his jumper. The kid gets it. I mean, his points were only so-so, but his rebounds and blocks put him on par with Danny Fortson's freshman year. He won't be as offensively gifted as Fortson, but if he can work to be close enough, the rest will come. He's got real potential.

I did like how Caupain asserted himself in games where the offense started to lull. I'd like to see more of that all game long, as you are saying.

Returning all 5 starters, a decent bench, and the emergence of DeBerry in the tournament only adds to the depth. Next year should be something pretty fun to watch. We'll see.

Oh, and plus, it'll help to have Cronin all year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the recent signings for UC.

The transfer PF was a top 100 guy who had a decent season last year, and will be able to step in by 2016/17 to help replace Ellis/DeBerry.

The other PF from NJ is a typical UC guy, big, strong, rebounds, blocks shots, so naturally, he will average 4pts until he can learn offense. Good thing with this guy is, at least he only sees himself as a true 5. He has no desire to be a "stretch" 4 (See: Quadri Moore) and loves to do the dirty work. Big positive, and several publications have raved about him.

The big get is the kid from Wilmington, just up the road. A lot of major schools were hot on him, and this kid can just flat out score the ball. A shocking recruiting get for Cronin considering that he rarely lands a kid like this that just flat out shoots and scores. Top 100 recruit.

Damn good job by the staff getting these guys. Add them to the current freshman class, and the returning players, and UC seems to be setting themselves up very nicely for a long-term run at NCAA success.