• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OSU/Michigan Officiating

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some perspective: In the OSU/PSU upset earlier this year, OSU got royally screwed on their final drive.

Did Referees Miss Pass Interference Call In Ohio State vs. Penn State?

As you can see, they were driving and this was a very clear PI. If this penalty is called, OSU has the ball with a 1st and 10 on the PSU 43 with 1:23 left in the game, plenty of time to at least kick a game-tying FG. However, it wasn't called and OSU lost. Missed calls happen in every single game.

Yeah and one play doesn't influence a game. You don't see us Ohio St fans complaining bc who fucking cares they lost the game. I guess it's the only thing scUM has :L In the scUM-Ohio St game there were missed calls, no doubt about it, but of course the missed calls that went scUM's way weren't talked about.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess what? PSU had fewer penalty yards than that in our game. 1 penalty for 5 yards. We lost.

How many OSU fans do you see on here crying like a little baby about the officiating that game? 0.

Grow the fuck up and take your loss like a man already.

Dood, you need to settle the fuck down. This thread wasn't started by a UM grad to rustle jimmies.

It's interesting just how fucked-up the officiating was. I watched most of the game and didn't realize the extent of the bias. It's trivial at this point...but still interesting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep bringing penn state into this? What's also missing is the video showing egregious, not questionable, penalties happening throughout the game and refs just standing there looking at it.
That's because OSU fans aren't bitchy little babies who waste time doing that when we lose a close game. That's the difference between our fanbases. Harbaugh is rubbing off on you little Nancies way too much.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, pretty sure that was on us.

Wrong again. Dremont Jones was called for illegal hands to the face with under a minute to go in the first half. Prevented Michigan from eventually having a 4th and goal from the 1 bc it have them an auto first down. The penalty was justified but Michigan fans want to claim it doesn't exist to fuel their conspiracy theories

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dood, you need to settle the fuck down. This thread wasn't started by a UM grad to rustle jimmies.

It's interesting just how fucked-up the officiating was. I watched most of the game and didn't realize the extent of the bias. It's trivial at this point...but still interesting.
Dood, I wasn't addressing the thread starter. I'm addressing the whiny michigan fan.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dood, I wasn't addressing the thread starter. I'm addressing the whiny michigan fan.

C'mon...let him argue his point. Rebut the argument if you'd like but it does appear a valid topic.

Game in Michigan next year and you're likely to bitch, similarly.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon...let him argue his point. Rebut the argument if you'd like but it does appear a valid topic.

There were a couple of Buckeye fans that went a little bit meltdown mode when I took my shots at them for losing to Ped State. Not to this extent obviously but they do it. I personally will always blame shitty players/coaches on my teams over any officiating unless it's in the NBA or NFL.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been doing that all week. Where have you been?

And why will we need to bitch when we win by 14+?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been doing that all week. Where have you been?

And why will we need to bitch when we win by 14+?
Are you sure about that result? You don't think with our recruiting we can't be a good team next year?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple of Buckeye fans that went a little bit meltdown mode when I took my shots at them for losing to Ped State. Not to this extent obviously but they do it. I personally will always blame shitty players/coaches on my teams over any officiating unless it's in the NBA or NFL.

I'm usually suspicious of Vegas betting odds and calls helping keep the score within' the spread. This game's officiating appears to be struck by homerism.

I guess they'll fix that "no home refs" rule for this big game next year. :lol:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep bringing penn state into this? What's also missing is the video showing egregious, not questionable, penalties happening throughout the game and refs just standing there looking at it.

First some of the "egregious" misses don't have the benefit of slowmo replay while called live. If you break down every single game and slow down every single play you don't agree with you're going to find 5 plays that could've been called holds at minimum I'm sure.

When the author leads with "probable targetting" on Hooker you kind of set the tone for the absurdity that follows.
For example the "egregious" hold on the fake punt? What would it have changed? And really? You can't see that not being called?

Do I think OSU benefitted on more 50/50 calls than Michigan? Sure I do...but in a double OT game Michigan got 59 yards worth of penalties...(15 on their coach spiking a headset) so it's not like the refs were flag and whistle happy one side or the other. For the most part they let the game play itself out.

Now I'm quite certain we can slow down some michigan offensive possessions and find holds etc but it's not worth the effort.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like last year? :pound:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is bc no one makes a video like that. That is the point he is trying to make that is not getting through. I can remember bitching about the officials after the Penn State game. There was the missed PI, a terrible horse collar on Robert Landers, a missed face mask, and multiple holdings. I whined for about a half hour, then it dawned on me, Ohio State just didn't do the damn things they needed to do in order to win

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure about that result? You don't think with our recruiting we can't be a good team next year?
Oh I absolutely think you can. However, we're going to be even better next year. Our losses coming into this season were bad but I'd argue your might be even worse. You guys lose almost every playmaker on your team on both sides of the ball outside of Speight. I detailed it earlier in the "Go Colorado" thread. Your losses are absolutely staggering.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually suspicious of Vegas betting odds and calls helping keep the score within' the spread. This game's officiating appears to be struck by homerism.

I guess they'll fix that "no home refs" rule for this big game next year. :lol:
I hope so. That guy who spotted the ball on the first down in the 2nd OT for Ohio State was from Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you Buckeye fans are fine in saying you won and that Maize is bitching. He certainly is. No need to take complete shots at the team because of this. Some of you guys are constantly attacking the program like Hoke is still coaching it. I don't give two fucks that we are losing seniors. If you are a blue blood program and are recruiting like you should, then there are no actual rebuilding seasons. Do I expect them to take some steps back? Of course, but get the fuck out of here if you are expecting some cupcake either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBA is the worst IMO

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I absolutely think you can. However, we're going to be even better next year. Our losses coming into this season were bad but I'd argue your might be even worse. You guys lose almost every playmaker on your team on both sides of the ball outside of Speight. I detailed it earlier in the "Go Colorado" thread. Your losses are absolutely staggering.
You should compare the actual talent leaving and see the talent coming in. It's more even than you think. A lot of those guys especially on offense were overrated as fuck Hoke players.