• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osi Umenyiora

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All is quiet on this guy. He'll I barely knew he was a free agent.

Would anyone wanna grab him? If so at what price?

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1 yr 2M max. that still might be steep for a guy who would only come in on 3rd and long

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Osi & Abraham are actually my favourite FAs out there right now. I want one of 'em.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osi & Abraham are actually my favourite FAs out there right now. I want one of 'em.

Osi doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. I'm not a big fan of his attitude in general. He's also very inconsistent from year to year. He's never had back to back double digit sack seasons.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was recently talking about his goal next season is DPOY.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1 yr 2M max. that still might be steep for a guy who would only come in on 3rd and long

depends how effective he'd be?

say he plays on downs like Aldon did, and he gets consistent pressure disrupting the QB, $2M isn't THAT bad? i'd think he could get 8 sacks?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Osi doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. I'm not a big fan of his attitude in general. He's also very inconsistent from year to year. He's never had back to back double digit sack seasons.

That dude's been getting screwed over by the Giants for years. IMO he had a very good reason to open his mouth. They kept promising him money if he met certain goals and whenever he did, they wouldn't open the wallet.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That dude's been getting screwed over by the Giants for years. IMO he had a very good reason to open his mouth. They kept promising him money if he met certain goals and whenever he did, they wouldn't open the wallet.

when i first saw your avatar i thought the dude was farting

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Richard Seymour & Allen Branch just shed a silent :Cry:

Good memory.

I'd ove to have Seymour too for 1 season, and the Niners could easily make it happen. I've been wanting the Niners to sign Alan Branch the last 2 offseasons, but only for under a million. The Niners need 1 good DE for depth IMO.

I would love it even more if the Niners drafted Tank Carradine to be a backup RDE, but we'll see.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Falcons land Osi
March, 25, 2013 11:43AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

After the Atlanta Falcons made the decision to excise John Abraham from the roster, it was clear that they'd need to find a replacement for him, and would use free agency, the draft or both in order to accomplish this task. The first method may land them Osi Umenyiora, as a number of media reports have them wrapping up a deal with the former Giant in the near future. But some believe they won't stop there.

Though Umenyiora can potentially fill the immediate need of replacing Abraham, ESPN NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas believes that the Falcons need to secure a long-term solution at the position, and investing a high draft pick on a pass-rusher may very well be their best option:

Pat Yasinskas
Falcons may need more than Osi

"The Falcons apparently think Umenyiora still can produce double-digit sacks. But even if he signs with Atlanta and puts up more than 10 sacks, the Falcons still need more of a pass rush. Kroy Biermann, the other starter, is a versatile defensive end, but not the kind of guy who's going to put up 10 sacks. Backups Jonathan Massaquoi and Cliff Matthews are projects. Assuming the Falcons sign Umenyiora, they still need to get pressure from somewhere else and it wouldn’t hurt to get a guy who can be a long-term answer. The way to do that is the draft. Even if the Falcons sign Umenyiora, they still should consider taking a defensive end in the first round. Defensive ends like Bjoern Werner, Sam Montgomery and Margus Hunt could be available when Atlanta picks at No. 30 and the Falcons might be wise to get one of them."