• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orioles 2024 Season

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August 1 Transactions:
  • Activated: Eloy Jiménez, Trevor Rogers, Austin Slater
  • Recalled: Liván Soto
  • Optioned: Keegan Akin, Heston Kjerstad
  • To 10-day IL: Jordan Westburg
  • DFA'ed: Cristian Pache

Based on these moves today, it appears that Eloy Jimémez is actually being treated as the stop-gap replacement for Kjerstad (which is understandable since Kjerstad's hitting has cooled down), while Austin Slater is presumably the backup outfielder. The interesting part is that they optioned Keegan Akin as opposed to Burch Smith, which might be a L/R or usage consideration?

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on these moves today, it appears that Eloy Jimémez is actually being treated as the stop-gap replacement for Kjerstad (which is understandable since Kjerstad's hitting has cooled down), while Austin Slater is presumably the backup outfielder. The interesting part is that they optioned Keegan Akin as opposed to Burch Smith, which might be a L/R or usage consideration?
With Irvin also off the roster, it leaves Suarez as your only multi-inning reliever/long guy as well.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akin surprised me. But figured someone was going to have to bite the bullet with all the moves made. Baker didn’t surprise me either since he’s been up and down for the past couple of months.
Seeing Pache DFA’d and eventually wind up on the Marlins didn’t shock me. Didn’t ever really see the value of him since he’s never had much of a bat. And after the Marlins‘ fire sale, they were probably just looking for bodies at this point.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we were able to split the Cleveland series. Those first two games just looked like lost causes. Let’s hope they can continue the momentum from this series into Toronto instead of going back into a funk.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akin surprised me. But figured someone was going to have to bite the bullet with all the moves made. Baker didn’t surprise me either since he’s been up and down for the past couple of months.
Seeing Pache DFA’d and eventually wind up on the Marlins didn’t shock me. Didn’t ever really see the value of him since he’s never had much of a bat. And after the Marlins‘ fire sale, they were probably just looking for bodies at this point.
Marlins could bring up Connor Norby and Victor Mesa Jr instead of going with a retread like Pache. But bad franchises will bad franchise.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlins could bring up Connor Norby and Victor Mesa Jr instead of going with a retread like Pache. But bad franchises will bad franchise.
I could see a September call up for Norby. I heard that they were trying to send them to their AAA team to try to learn third base. I feel like in the mean time, they'll throw Pache out there because they aren't trying to win this year and it'll save them from having to bring up yet another guy from their farm club.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if all the Orioles fans that were okay with the Rogers trade because and I quote "he hasnt given up more than 2 runs a game since May" and "his record only looks bad because he was on the Marlins" are still okay with it because their boy is ASS.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if all the Orioles fans that were okay with the Rogers trade because and I quote "he hasnt given up more than 2 runs a game since May" and "his record only looks bad because he was on the Marlins" are still okay with it because their boy is ASS.
I sure hope not. He’s looked bad since 2022, and has regressed in an organization that started to develop great pitching at all levels starting in 2022.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you cant really regress if you were never good to begin with.