• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mc79hockey ‏@mc79hockey 6s

There are no teams left without a goalie who you could see starting for them next year. Little uncomfortable for Ryan Miller.

Bringing Ryan Miller onto your team could be just enough to take your team out of the McDavid sweepstakes.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes no sense imo

what team would look to acquire Lack as a starter? because you would only get help up front/value if some team out there is looking for him to be there number 1 ... youll get dogshit from a team looking for him to be the backup

i say stay young in goal and move a player who still has some semblance of value to re-stock up front

Or you could get draft picks in return for him and then use those draft picks to make other moves - I dunno

My feeling is, without giving up any assets, signing a guy like Jonas Hiller could help the Canucks at least get back into the playoffs - not that they'd do much after that, but I know Trevor wants to try and get them back into the playoffs if they can - the Sedin's will be back healthy, Kesler if they keep him should be healthy, maybe you get guys like Jensen to step up and Bo Horvat possibly gives you some more depth

I think we'll know a lot more once the new coach comes in

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you could get draft picks in return for him and then use those draft picks to make other moves - I dunno

My feeling is, without giving up any assets, signing a guy like Jonas Hiller could help the Canucks at least get back into the playoffs - not that they'd do much after that, but I know Trevor wants to try and get them back into the playoffs if they can - the Sedin's will be back healthy, Kesler if they keep him should be healthy, maybe you get guys like Jensen to step up and Bo Horvat possibly gives you some more depth

I think we'll know a lot more once the new coach comes in

draft picks ??? ... plural ???? for Lack ???? :lol:

I think they have just as much a shot with Lack/Markstrom of getting into round 1 of the playoffs as they would with getting Hiller ... especially if the shit show up front stays the same ... and it pretty much will, barring a dman salary dump, if they sign Hiller

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's probably the last place Ryan Miller wants to go, but Winnipeg would have been a playoff team this season (and could be a playoff team next season) if the Jets could bring him on board.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Murray was asked about kesler and he said he would be willing to give up less than he was willing to part with at the deadline ... we will see about that ... pressure to do something with this current team incarnation could be pushing him

thought I read today that the offer was both Ducks 1st round picks (#10 being the highest) plus a couple of prospects.
my guess is they weren't 'A' prospects

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Take your white pants and go home".

Sensing a potential new signature line.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought he should be moved, but I'd be pretty shocked if he wanted out. Not to be the "my team is the best place ever, everyone wants to be here!" fan, but he's exploded as a player here, plays with an elite center, comfort level, chance to win, etc. The rumor was pretty silly.

His personal situation as a player is pretty sweet. But you can't say what the chemistry or culture is there that he may not be able to put up with. Maybe he feels he gets blame for sparking the other team. Maybe Coach Danny B is (in his mind) unnecessarily hard on him for his style of play.

And maybe he's just a moron who thinks he will play at the exact same level no matter where he goes or who he plays with. He'd have to be an idiot to ask to leave, but one thing the last few years have taught us... James Neal is an idiot.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commissioner Gary Bettman was named Sports Executive of the Year while the league he presides over was named Sports League of the Year and the Winter Classic between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings was honoured as the Sports Event of the Year.

It was the first time Bettman has won the award, beating out Fox Sports president and COO Randy Freer, Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber, Sacramento Kings owner Vivek Ranadive and Under Armour CEO and founder Kevin Plank.

NHL boss Gary Bettman named top executive at Sports Business Awards - The Globe and Mail

Bettman.jpg

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler has already given the Canucks six teams he’d be willing to waive his no-trade clause for: Anaheim, Colorado, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Unfortunately for the Canucks, there were only fits with two of those teams heading toward the March trade deadline — Anaheim and Pittsburgh.

Botchford: Ryan Kesler may not want to be a Penguin now

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
854269750.gif

The Swedish assistant coach must be hanging out with Milan Lucic

"I will fucking kill you!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.