• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May, June, July, Aug.... back in time for camp
what's the big whoop?

4 months is the low end they won't know until after the surgery, it could be longer.
If it goes into the season it does stink since with him being a rookie this year that lost development could hurt.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 months is the low end they won't know until after the surgery, it could be longer.
If it goes into the season it does stink since with him being a rookie this year that lost development could hurt.

Again, Ryan Murray had the surgery before he'd ever played a game and it did not hurt him at all. It could be just fine. Better to do it now. If last year in the Metro was anything, it was proof that October doesn't mean shit.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shoulder labrum (if this is what it is) surgery usually fucks a player up for quite some time ... can remember it screwing with a few canucks (Demitra, Burrows, Kesler) who had it offseason and werent right til half way through the regular season

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Ryan Murray had the surgery before he'd ever played a game and it did not hurt him at all. It could be just fine. Better to do it now. If last year in the Metro was anything, it was proof that October doesn't mean shit.

This is really apples and oranges....They probably will have new coach, new system vs the one he had when he was a rookie. Without that training camp and first few months of a season the lost chance to work with whoever he will be paired and learn the system I can see a sophomore slump occurring.

And not really worried about the surgery trust me they wouldn't do them if they would hurt players more. Just more for his development with the Penguins and their changes going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll admit Murray has done a good job filling the cupboard. However, he completely blew it on Trade Deadline day. The biggest problem I have is he traded Bobby Ryan & didn't replace him. When Murray said the Ducks weren't interested in any rentals I knew they were in trouble. Gaborik would have looked good playing with Getzlaf & Perry. Instead Teemu's career has ended in disappointment.:gaah:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NYIslanders: #ISLES NEWS: Islanders Retain First Round Selection in 2014 NHL Draft - http://t.co/vFiqfnu4gX

tweet_circle.png
@StapeNewsday: #Isles will be keeping their 2014 1st-round pick and will send 2015 1st to Sabres to complete Thomas Vanek deal. Announcement to come.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Canucks will take a run at him. I guess it will depend on Trevors plan, if he really thinks this team can get back to a couple years ago then this would be a start. Lack is good but he needs more time. I wouldnt want to give Miller more than 3 years either. The off season for goalies may be pretty bad for being a UFA.

yah thats what they have been kicking around in the cesspool the past couple days ... Miller is running out of options/teams especially with his must-be-on-the-west-coast demands

Lord Linden did however say last night that he didnt believe Markstrom has ever had structure in his pro career and is excited with what MOLE-ansen can do with him

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit Murray has done a good job filling the cupboard. However, he completely blew it on Trade Deadline day. The biggest problem I have is he traded Bobby Ryan & didn't replace him. When Murray said the Ducks weren't interested in any rentals I knew they were in trouble. Gaborik would have looked good playing with Getzlaf & Perry. Instead Teemu's career has ended in disappointment.:gaah:

Murray was asked about kesler and he said he would be willing to give up less than he was willing to part with at the deadline ... we will see about that ... pressure to do something with this current team incarnation could be pushing him

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah thats what they have been kicking around in the cesspool the past couple days ... Miller is running out of options/teams especially with his must-be-on-the-west-coast demands

Lord Linden did however say last night that he didnt believe Markstrom has ever had structure in his pro career and is excited with what MOLE-ansen can do with him

i would not be terribly upset at Lack/Markstrom next year. I saw enough out of Lack to be excited but I wouldnt be thinking of any long run with him.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would not be terribly upset at Lack/Markstrom next year. I saw enough out of Lack to be excited but I wouldnt be thinking of any long run with him.

I wonder what type of money Hiller would get on the open market? Maybe less than Ryan Miller? I would try to move Eddie Lack(even though he has potential) for some help up front and sign Hiller and let him and Jacob Markstrom be the duo

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what type of money Hiller would get on the open market? Maybe less than Ryan Miller? I would try to move Eddie Lack(even though he has potential) for some help up front and sign Hiller and let him and Jacob Markstrom be the duo

this makes no sense imo

what team would look to acquire Lack as a starter? because you would only get help up front/value if some team out there is looking for him to be there number 1 ... youll get dogshit from a team looking for him to be the backup

i say stay young in goal and move a player who still has some semblance of value to re-stock up front

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mc79hockey ‏@mc79hockey 6s

There are no teams left without a goalie who you could see starting for them next year. Little uncomfortable for Ryan Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.