• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, $24-25mm for the Jackets prior to buyouts (if any but Boll and Umberger total 8 mil)

Me likey.

Dear Misters Moulson, Vanek and Niskanen. Come talk to us.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, $24-25mm for the Jackets prior to buyouts (if any but Boll and Umberger total 8 mil)

Me likey.

Dear Misters Moulson, Vanek and Niskanen. Come talk to us.

Yes because as we know, as soon as you become an UFA, it is impossible to resist the biright lights of....Columbus!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because as we know, as soon as you become an UFA, it is impossible to resist the biright lights of....Columbus!

At least Columbus is a winning team unlike some of the losers that play in big markets - because everyone wants to play for a loser!

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Columbus is a winning team unlike some of the losers that play in big markets - because everyone wants to play for a loser!

Mostly all the big markets are winners these days though. Besides, most players today are too afraid to play for teams in 'hockey cities' where the mean media asks them mean questions. Probably why all three California teams have been so good lately.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly all the big markets are winners these days though. Besides, most players today are too afraid to play for teams in 'hockey cities' where the mean media asks them mean questions. Probably why all three California teams have been so good lately.

yeah, that sucks. teams like Edmonton and Winnipeg suffer moreso than Vancouver and Toronto in that regard, Montreal is another thing altogether. Ottawa is kind of in the middle. at least in Vancouver or Toronto you can get lost in the big city a bit, not so for Edm and Win. The Media coverage is silly in all Canadian cities and these last couple seasons for Vancouver I have to say has probably opened my eyes even more to the ridiculous nature of how the media portrays the team.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quite frankly, the management of Canadian NHL teams has been terrible over the last decade. Sure, you have had some Stanley Cup runs by various Canadian teams over the past 10 years, but those were basically outlier years for teams that hid some pretty glaring issues. There is still plenty of work to be done as most of these teams have just started re-building (Calgary), still rebuilding (Winnipeg, Edmonton), or kind of in bizzaro land (Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa). Montreal looks to be in the best shape currently.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind RJ on the Flames, but I'm not willing to give up too much to get him either. Maybe the Flames should trade the rights to Mike Cammalleri to the Jackets prior to July 1st for RJ? Imagine Squidy on Johansen's wing, that could be good.

I'm guessing CBJ would have to eat some of RJ's salary too

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, the management of Canadian NHL teams has been terrible over the last decade. Sure, you have had some Stanley Cup runs by various Canadian teams over the past 10 years, but those were basically outlier years for teams that hid some pretty glaring issues. There is still plenty of work to be done as most of these teams have just started re-building (Calgary), still rebuilding (Winnipeg, Edmonton), or kind of in bizzaro land (Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa). Montreal looks to be in the best shape currently.

The worst part is that the media builds up these teams just to break them down - they overrate these teams and then when they are bad they wonder why and it's because they build them up and overrate them - they're not that good

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not, the Flames have boatloads of cap space for the upcomg season.

I think he might have a NTC too so I'm not sure what will happen there

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he might have a NTC too so I'm not sure what will happen there

Umberger, who is signed through the 2016-17 season at a $4.6 million salary-cap hit, has a no-trade clause in his contract through June 14. On June 15, the full no-trade clause becomes a limited clause, and Umberger will provide the Blue Jackets with 10 NHL clubs to which he would not approve a trade.That would leave 19 teams.

NHL: Jackets, R.J. Umberger agree trade is needed | BlueJackets Xtra

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, I don't think the Flames would be one of the 10 teams that makes RJ's list (lol)

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he knows he's not gonna crack the top six, and there are a lot of younger better bottom six on the Jackets. I hope it doesn't turn ugly. There is similar feeling about Boll. THAT one will get ugly.

I wouldn't mind RJ on the Flames, but I'm not willing to give up too much to get him either. Maybe the Flames should trade the rights to Mike Cammalleri to the Jackets prior to July 1st for RJ? Imagine Squidy on Johansen's wing, that could be good.

Cammaleri is apparently on the Jackets radar from what I hear. RJ has leadership and will give effort. He just makes more than his role on the Jackets should allow.

I'm guessing CBJ would have to eat some of RJ's salary too

If it comes to that, they use a compliance buyout on him. Would be nice to get an asset or negotiating rights to a target FA, but bottom line is he's not coming back.

Somehow, I don't think the Flames would be one of the 10 teams that makes RJ's list (lol)

Never know. I imagine Penguins are #1 on his list, being his hometown and all. But I think he's a smart guy, he knows he's not going to be a focal point player unless he's on a rebuilding team or an up and comer. If he goes to a contender he's down on the fourth line. He's gotta know that. And I think he just wants to play. If he was comfortable playing a lesser role, he'd try to stay.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Never know. I imagine Penguins are #1 on his list, being his hometown and all. But I think he's a smart guy, he knows he's not going to be a focal point player unless he's on a rebuilding team or an up and comer. If he goes to a contender he's down on the fourth line. He's gotta know that. And I think he just wants to play. If he was comfortable playing a lesser role, he'd try to stay.

???
relatively average player, who holds out on TWO different teams before he ever plays a single game in the league.
I think 'smart guy' went out the window a long time ago. :noidea:

in short, fuck 'im.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh, curious what his role would be then

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???
relatively average player, who holds out on TWO different teams before he ever plays a single game in the league.
I think 'smart guy' went out the window a long time ago. :noidea:

in short, fuck 'im.

Don't worry, Vancouver is not on his list.

Status
Not open for further replies.