• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel dirty for saying it, but do we need to start giving credit to Gary Bettman for the parity in the league?

Think about it. Except for a few minutes of outburst, the Jackets hung with the Pens. The Kings came back against a super talented team. If not for a few posts, the Bruins would have put away the Habs already. Rangers came back against the Pens, and the Wild gave the champs a run for their money *with* a backup goalie. Even the "sweep" was extremely competitive.

And think of the teams that didn't get there. Many of them were *very* close.

I can't remember a time when so many teams were so close to each other. I love it. Any given night, any team can win it.

I agree with all of it, that being said, it still seems like the same teams are going to the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup finals, maybe some of these up and coming teams who had shitty management for years will finally recover and start knocking off teams like Boston and Chicago in the next few years

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of it, that being said, it still seems like the same teams are going to the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup finals, maybe some of these up and coming teams who had shitty management for years will finally recover and start knocking off teams like Boston and Chicago in the next few years

images

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel dirty for saying it, but do we need to start giving credit to Gary Bettman for the parity in the league?

Think about it. Except for a few minutes of outburst, the Jackets hung with the Pens. The Kings came back against a super talented team. If not for a few posts, the Bruins would have put away the Habs already. Rangers came back against the Pens, and the Wild gave the champs a run for their money *with* a backup goalie. Even the "sweep" was extremely competitive.

And think of the teams that didn't get there. Many of them were *very* close.

I can't remember a time when so many teams were so close to each other. I love it. Any given night, any team can win it.

But but but...I want my dynasty! :bawling:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for Boston now, I guess. Get Iginla that Cup.

Part of me is hoping Nash gets his cup but also has zero goals so they buy him out.

Of the teams remaining, I have the fewest reasons to dislike the Habs. I'd love an Original six final. Habs/Hawks would be my preference.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IPW, where the hell you been? Are the Bills prepared to do battle with the Pats this year? :hope:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when 22 gave little Camden his hockey stick?

dm_140424_jordintootooGivesKidHockeyStick.jpg

Well, here he is surprising the boy tonight, and signing the stick for him:

Qjcq2A5.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the coach and GM are being retained in San Jose, I guess that means some players will be on the move?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the coach and GM are being retained in San Jose, I guess that means some players will be on the move?

Dibs on Hertl and Pavelski

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dibs on Hertl and Pavelski

You don't want the Hertl model, and the Pavelski may be out of your price range but we have a gently used Thornton over here that may be right up your alley.

In fact, if you buy it today we'll even throw in a refurbished Havlat for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.