• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kypreos didn't hear right, the Leafs are photoshopping Phaneuf.

phanooooof-dress-copy.jpg

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big news out of Edmonton!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other Oilers related news, Roman Horak has indeed signed on with HC Vityaz of the KHL.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article here, and I tend to agree - Nashville has the goalie, the top d-men and some good complementary pieces, they just need that game changing forward or two:

Kane and Toews only difference between us and ?Hawks, says Preds asst. GM | ProHockeyTalk

Could say the same for the Jackets as well. It's a good mold to follow. Get the D working and the checking forwards on board. Then get a gamebreaker. Preds and Jackets just have to do that next...

And I think Rinne is the most complete goalie in the league right now.

Thing about the Hawks is they have more than Kane and Toews though. Hossa, Bickell, Sharp, Handzus... any one of them can break a game open on any shift. And that D corps is extraordinary.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could say the same for the Jackets as well. It's a good mold to follow. Get the D working and the checking forwards on board. Then get a gamebreaker. Preds and Jackets just have to do that next...

And I think Rinne is the most complete goalie in the league right now.

Thing about the Hawks is they have more than Kane and Toews though. Hossa, Bickell, Sharp, Handzus... any one of them can break a game open on any shift. And that D corps is extraordinary.

I agree about Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp, but there's something I don't like about Bryan Bickell - yes he's strong in the playoffs but the dude does not earn his money in the regular season and as Aaron Rodgers said once before, "You earn your paycheck in the regular season and your reputation in the playoffs" - I just think Bryan Bickell isn't worth that money, he should be giving it his all in the regular season too - Preds and Jackets don't need a guy like that who slumps in the regular season, they can't afford that unlike the Hawks - and Michal Handzus is toast, he's there just to play specific roles, he shouldn't be in any big time situation - not at this point in his career

But if you look at some of Nashville's forwards, Craig Smith is good and Colin Wilson imo is on the verge of breaking out - also, if Filip Forsberg, Calle Jarnkrok and Colton Sissons develop well under Lavy, they could have some really good young forwards there just like what Chicago has - and if you can get that top notch forward or two they'll be in good shape - maybe even better than a team like St. Louis - St. Louis doesn't have a game breaker and Pekka Rinne is better than the goalies St. Louis has had

Columbus has a great goalie and good defensemen(I think they might need another one to be honest, I don't think Wiz is that great overall, he had a nice year but meh) and they have a lot of really good forwards, if RyJo continues to beast it and they get a top notch forward to pair with him, they're going to be real dangerous

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp, but there's something I don't like about Bryan Bickell - yes he's strong in the playoffs but the dude does not earn his money in the regular season and as Aaron Rodgers said once before, "You earn your paycheck in the regular season and your reputation in the playoffs" - I just think Bryan Bickell isn't worth that money, he should be giving it his all in the regular season too - Preds and Jackets don't need a guy like that who slumps in the regular season, they can't afford that unlike the Hawks - and Michal Handzus is toast, he's there just to play specific roles, he shouldn't be in any big time situation - not at this point in his career

But if you look at some of Nashville's forwards, Craig Smith is good and Colin Wilson imo is on the verge of breaking out - also, if Filip Forsberg, Calle Jarnkrok and Colton Sissons develop well under Lavy, they could have some really good young forwards there just like what Chicago has - and if you can get that top notch forward or two they'll be in good shape - maybe even better than a team like St. Louis - St. Louis doesn't have a game breaker and Pekka Rinne is better than the goalies St. Louis has had

Columbus has a great goalie and good defensemen(I think they might need another one to be honest, I don't think Wiz is that great overall, he had a nice year but meh) and they have a lot of really good forwards, if RyJo continues to beast it and they get a top notch forward to pair with him, they're going to be real dangerous

Wiz needs to be paired with Murray. He needs a defensive conscience. Put him anywhere else and he might as well not be there at all.

And the thing about Bickell, is he is over paid right up until the postseason started. Good lord. At the risk of drawing the gear no one else has card, he does make it happen when it counts.

I've been griping about Umberger all year too. Then he blocks a shot with hsi face and then gets up and makes a pass for an OT winner. If he is going to deliver at times like that, I am growing more comfortable with him. A lot of sins get forgiven in times like that.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz needs to be paired with Murray. He needs a defensive conscience. Put him anywhere else and he might as well not be there at all.

And the thing about Bickell, is he is over paid right up until the postseason started. Good lord. At the risk of drawing the gear no one else has card, he does make it happen when it counts.

I've been griping about Umberger all year too. Then he blocks a shot with hsi face and then gets up and makes a pass for an OT winner. If he is going to deliver at times like that, I am growing more comfortable with him. A lot of sins get forgiven in times like that.

1) Agreed about Wiz, he needs to be with someone who's calm cool and collected - Wiz tends to lose it mentally sometimes

2) Bryan Bickell is like Danny Briere in terms of turning it on in the playoffs, but the difference between the two is that Bickell has never really been great in the regular season to earn that money, Danny Briere had been really good in regular seasons to earn his contract

3) Yeah it's funny with some players, they'll make that one great play in order to help a team win a game when you don't think they'll do it - it's like Luke Schenn with the Flyers, I had some gripes with him in the regular season and then in the playoffs he played really well

Status
Not open for further replies.