• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... apparently I shouldn't have turned off the Jackets game when they were down 2-0.

They looked so pathetic.
Yeah, watched the first two periods. Started off shitty, but turned it around.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Flames would be good this yr. Penguins beat them silly last night 9-1. Looks like more than a new coach is needed for Calgary.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Flames would be good this yr. Penguins beat them silly last night 9-1. Looks like more than a new coach is needed for Calgary.

Not going to beat anybody in this league with that pathetic effort. The coach can only do so much, this is on the players.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanifin has been pretty good in my opinion this season, but he was godawful last night. Stone is playing himself into the AHL.

It seemed like every goal the Pens scored one of those two was out of position or taking a lazy shift.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like every goal the Pens scored one of those two was out of position or taking a lazy shift.

There have been five core players that have been with the team through the last three coaches - Monahan, Gaudreau, Backlund, Giordano, and Brodie. Treliving has tinkered around the edges and I think most of his moves have been pretty good, but at some point you have to ask if you need to move a core piece or two if they're not getting the job done.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been five core players that have been with the team through the last three coaches - Monahan, Gaudreau, Backlund, Giordano, and Brodie. Treliving has tinkered around the edges and I think most of his moves have been pretty good, but at some point you have to ask if you need to move a core piece or two if they're not getting the job done.

Gillies or Parsons need to be the answer for y'all long term. Short term the Flames need to find someone to take some heat off of Mike Smith by actually hitting someone or blocking shots.

When the Flames won in 89, that was my big gripe against Mike Vernon. The Flames Dmen didn't allow that many shots so Vernon didn't have to do much.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillies or Parsons need to be the answer for y'all long term. Short term the Flames need to find someone to take some heat off of Mike Smith by actually hitting someone or blocking shots.

When the Flames won in 89, that was my big gripe against Mike Vernon. The Flames Dmen didn't allow that many shots so Vernon didn't have to do much.

It all starts with effort and having some resiliency, Flames started out well against Pittsburgh last night and had a couple of great scoring chances, but Murray was up the task. Then Crosby scores a nice goal to make it a 1-0 and the entire team sags and before you know it, it's 3-0 at the end of the first period and it's essentially game over. As you said, hit somebody, have some push back, but last night the Flames looked meek and while the meek may inherit the earth, they don't win many hockey games.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Monahan, 22 year old Sam Bennet and Mike Smith for Bob, Dubi and a pick. First if Bob signs.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Kipper today wouldn't be better than the Flames current net minders.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how a guy can get hooked and pushed into the boards from behind and both officials miss it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how a guy can get hooked and pushed into the boards from behind and both officials miss it.

They were playing Fortnite :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.