• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought but the Devils have to be incredibly disappointed with how Pavel Zacha's turned out.

Especially given how successful so much of that top 10 from 2015 have been thus far (save Strome, who AZ also likely are rather disappointed in), that's gotta suck. A Hall-Hischier-Rantanen line right now would be one of the league's best.

I was hoping for Rantanen because I thought there was no way that Provorov would be there at our pick. Werenski wasn't even really on my radar.

I am quite pleased how it all worked out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for Rantanen because I thought there was no way that Provorov would be there at our pick. Werenski wasn't even really on my radar.

I am quite pleased how it all worked out.
Other than the two I mentioned, everybody in the top ten should be pleased with how they drafted. There's maybe 5 or 6 guys in the entire round who won't pan out (most of that thanks to the Bruins' momentarily horrible drafting) but this is probably going to go down as one of the deepest drafts, maybe even the deepest considering that #1 may be one of the best ever (one advantage '84 always held over '03 for me).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the two I mentioned, everybody in the top ten should be pleased with how they drafted. There's maybe 5 or 6 guys in the entire round who won't pan out (most of that thanks to the Bruins' momentarily horrible drafting) but this is probably going to go down as one of the deepest drafts, maybe even the deepest considering that #1 may be one of the best ever (one advantage '84 always held over '03 for me).

Flames selected Rasmus Andersson in the 2nd round of the 2015 draft (acquired in the Sven Baertschi trade with Vancouver) and he looks like he can be a solid 3-4 defenceman in the NHL. He even saw some time with Giordano on the top pairing last game against the Rangers.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames selected Rasmus Andersson in the 2nd round of the 2015 draft (acquired in the Sven Baertschi trade with Vancouver) and he looks like he can be a solid 3-4 defenceman in the NHL. He even saw some time with Giordano on the top pairing last game against the Rangers.
It looks like a good draft for depth d-men in general. Dermott, Dunn, Nutti, Carlson, Guhle...uncharacteristically it looks like Anaheim may have blown it with Jacob Larsson at 28 though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a good draft all the way through. Strome still has a chance to pull it together. Not sure Zacha looks like he's gonna change much.

For us, Nutivaara was a steal so late. Carlsson looks like he has NHL chops once he makes some adjustments. Plus we got Stenlund who was the last cut and would have made the team if Dubinski wasn't in his way at 3C. Looks like they are letting him play big minutes in the AHL, but I expect he'll come up at some point. 6' 4" 215. And plays with a very un-Swedish snarl.

And if Gavrikov ever decides to leave Mother Russia, he could be a monster.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona had two cracks at Sebastian Aho and missed in the 2015 draft, gee I wonder why that team continues to be dreadful.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona had two cracks at Sebastian Aho and missed in the 2015 draft, gee I wonder why that team continues to be dreadful.

I wouldn't wanna be the team that picked right before the Canes took Aho. :rolleyes2:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
(most of that thanks to the Bruins' momentarily horrible drafting) .

makes me laugh every fucking time.
i was expecting Barzal to go top 10. was not happy that B;s had three cracks at him

pretty pleased with Boeser at 23
and Gaudette at 149, for that matter. that kid's gonna break out at some point,

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
does Gritty need his own thread?
Philly people are a very special breed

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While no one was paying attention, Carey Price has now tied Patrick Roy for second on the Habs all time wins list with 289. 25 more to pass Plante to take the all time lead.

Also, the Habs are in first place in the conference.

Pacioretty was the problem.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While no one was paying attention, Carey Price has now tied Patrick Roy for second on the Habs all time wins list with 289. 25 more to pass Plante to take the all time lead.

Also, the Habs are in first place in the conference.

Pacioretty was the problem.

Needed to get rid of PK as well.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought but the Devils have to be incredibly disappointed with how Pavel Zacha's turned out.

Especially given how successful so much of that top 10 from 2015 have been thus far (save Strome, who AZ also likely are rather disappointed in), that's gotta suck. A Hall-Hischier-Rantanen line right now would be one of the league's best.

Not random, it's eating away at us. He's looked pretty good so far this year but he needs to start putting up points. It hurts even more knowing Provorov and Werenski were taken immediately after and we could desperately use one of them.

What also hurts is Lou not coughing up the 29th pick in 2012 during the Kovy fiasco. He recouped the 30th overall in 2014 but so far Stefan Matteau and John Quenneville have amounted to nothing, meanwhile if we had our regular pick in 2014 we'd have Vrana, Larkin etc.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, McDavid's TOI last night was 28:26, including over 11 minutes in the 3rd period (nearly 8 more minutes than Sid for the game). It's not even November yet.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - If pointing out that the Oilers are a one man team and Draisaitl can only produce running shotgun with McDavid is tormenting BBB, then guilty as charged.

Was going more with the "superstars should get more ice time". BBB seems to think Matthews and Tavares should get more ice then Connor Brown :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going more with the "superstars should get more ice time". BBB seems to think Matthews and Tavares should get more ice then Connor Brown :noidea:

Ah, I see - Well, when Matthews and Tavares have tv commercials like Connor, maybe they'll get more ice time from Babs.

Status
Not open for further replies.