• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Pens banner is up on the Penguins team forum - Thanks Hammer :thumb:

chloe-meme-original.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL: Blue Jackets? season-ticket sales eclipse 10,000 mark | BlueJackets Xtra

Well, let's hope this finally puts an end to the "The Jackets are in danger of moving" crap.

I haven't even bought mine yet.

how does that compare to other US markets?

in other season ticket news ... canucks are around 16.5K (down 500) and its seen as a failure :noidea:

this one cracked me up ... i think there is a tense problem in here ... "had" not "have"

The Canucks have a season-ticket waiting list, but the 1,500 people on the list now don’t want to buy season tickets for the upcoming season.

Read more: Canucks still short of season ticket sales goal

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a bunch of info on the roles of Women in the NHL.

Women in the NHL Workforce

The one chart shows how many Women are employed by each team. At the top is Tampa, with 18, and at the bottom is Colorado, with 0.

Experts call that the Varlamov effect.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one chart shows how many Women are employed by each team. At the top is Tampa, with 18, and at the bottom is Colorado, with 0.

Curious how many total people are "employed" by each team for the purpose of this study. I mean it's obvious that promotions staff and arena staff / ticket agents are not included here.

They also left out all technology jobs, IT and social media teams.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious how many total people are "employed" by each team for the purpose of this study. I mean it's obvious that promotions staff and arena staff / ticket agents are not included here.

They also left out all technology jobs, IT and social media teams.

My guess is social media was lumped in with marketing, HR, or community ones.

And this is pretty disappointing as a woman. Up top is an ol' boys club, and "you never played the game" keeps top MALE minds out of contention, so I'm pretty sure I'll be long gone from the world before that ever happens.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is social media was lumped in with marketing, HR, or community ones.

And this is pretty disappointing as a woman. Up top is an ol' boys club, and "you never played the game" keeps top MALE minds out of contention, so I'm pretty sure I'll be long gone from the world before that ever happens.

My point is through minor hockey in town, etc I have come into contact with 5 different women who work in the PR/Community/Promotions area for the Jackets. My first season ticket rep and the one I am currently dealing with are also both women. And a friend of mine's wife works on their technology / social media team. That's 8 right there. So I think the numbers are low or not taking into account all levels. Something seems off.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jackets notebook: Johansen talks likely to resume | BlueJackets Xtra

As the contract negotiations turn.

Couple of nuggets that illustrate why I love Jarmo:
“The last time they contacted us, (the offer) wasn’t something that merited further talks,”

And:
If Johansen, a restricted free agent, isn’t signed by next Wednesday, he will be asked to vacate his space in the Blue Jackets’ dressing room at Nationwide Arena and to stay away from the building.

That, along with this:
Johansen has been in Columbus the past two weeks, skating with about 20 other players in voluntary, player-run practices at the Ice Haus.

Give me hope he will tell his agent to stuff it and accept a deal real soon. Probably right around the 5m mark.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jackets notebook: Johansen talks likely to resume | BlueJackets Xtra

As the contract negotiations turn.

Couple of nuggets that illustrate why I love Jarmo:

And:

That, along with this:

Give me hope he will tell his agent to stuff it and accept a deal real soon. Probably right around the 5m mark.

Similar but on a much smaller scale, I'm hoping Eric Gelinas loses this agent (pretty sure Marty fired this guy). I haven't seen dollar amounts being discussed but Gelinas is coming off his ELC and had a solid year, however he's not worth $2 million + at this point in time. Take a 2 year deal and revisit this when you're 25, have a resume and are about to enter your prime.

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire-ice-1.174987/unsigned-gelinas-prepared-to-miss-start-of-devils-camp-carter-planning-to-attend-without-contract-1.1084061

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My point is through minor hockey in town, etc I have come into contact with 5 different women who work in the PR/Community/Promotions area for the Jackets. My first season ticket rep and the one I am currently dealing with are also both women. And a friend of mine's wife works on their technology / social media team. That's 8 right there. So I think the numbers are low or not taking into account all levels. Something seems off.

And they probably aren't even counting the ice girls. :noidea:

/skew

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

btw ... Vancouver is actually tops with 19 ... would be 20 still if they kept Kesler

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw this first on twitter, and I believe it was from a woman who worked for a team. Her comment was "these numbers aren't right for us, but still interesting data". I imagine they were thinking of some higher level jobs nearer to actual hockey ops instead of ticket sales, etc. I imagine those numbers are more even, but that really doesn't make me feel any special pride as a lady fan. No offense to those women who do those jobs, of course. They probably didn't include interns either, and I know that's a large portion of promotions for a lot of teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.