• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One and Done Coaches

Which new coach is shown the door after one season?

• Zac Taylor

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Adam Gase

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Kliff Kingsbury

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Flores

• Freddie Kitchens

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Bruce Arians

• Vic Fangio

• Potato salad with bacon

• Total voters

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Version!

Saw an article on CBS sports so I thought ask the question here and see what the masses say :

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only vote one?

What about Ranked Choice Voting??

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Gase.

I know the NY media is already heavy on the hyperbole, but they are absolutely SHREDDING this guy. He's getting the Rich Kotite comparisons. It's so bad that Pat Shurmer is actually being called "competent" by comparison.

Most of the howls are from people who didn't think he should have been given the job in the first place, but it's almost universal at this point. The problem, as is so often pointed out, is that the Johnson-in-charge also doesn't know what he's doing, so we're probably stuck with this guy for another year or two. He's going to point to injuries, especially to Darnold, but even when he HAS Darnold, the team sputters.

I think guys like Flores and Kingsbury will be given another chance because their teams are so untalented, but Kitchens might be the runner up.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Kitchens but only because I can only pick one. Him and Gase are no-brainers, imo. I also think Flores is safe. Taylor is likely okay because of low expectations. The rest are fine, imo. Kingsbury has the Cards very competitive in a lot of games. Better than some critics expected. They lost the last couple of games but were .500 going into week 8. Fangio will get time to build as soon as they get a QB. And Arians is safe. He should not be blamed for butter fingers Winston giving the ball away. They will also be looking for a QB. As good as Jameis can be at times, we can all see what he is. He just can't protect the ball. The fumble that gave the Hawks 3 points right after TB's defense had taken it away from the Hawks was inexcusable. And that happens regularly with this kid. Time for the Bucs to move on which it appears is their thinking as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase and Kitchens are the locks.

Taylor and Flores might survive just because of how terrible everyone knew their teams would be.

Taylor will survive...I think the clock officially starts on him when he has his QB....which will be '20 season.

Flores...might be doing the best job of them all, but I can see them stripping that down to the studs and starting over with a guy they feel will grow with the team. Keeping Flores, only to fire him next year would be stupid imo...a waste of the new QB's tenure.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitchens shouldn't even survive to the end of the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Gase.

I know the NY media is already heavy on the hyperbole, but they are absolutely SHREDDING this guy. He's getting the Rich Kotite comparisons. It's so bad that Pat Shurmer is actually being called "competent" by comparison.

Most of the howls are from people who didn't think he should have been given the job in the first place, but it's almost universal at this point. The problem, as is so often pointed out, is that the Johnson-in-charge also doesn't know what he's doing, so we're probably stuck with this guy for another year or two. He's going to point to injuries, especially to Darnold, but even when he HAS Darnold, the team sputters.

I think guys like Flores and Kingsbury will be given another chance because their teams are so untalented, but Kitchens might be the runner up.

CLE and NYJ both have had similar seasons. I don't recall hearing much about the Jets in the playoffs, but leaping out there with big FA signings set expectations that neither HC is delivering.

IMO, Kitchens will be gone if they don't at least match the 8 wins from LY.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians is safe... He shouldn't be an option...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor will survive...I think the clock officially starts on him when he has his QB....which will be '20 season.

Flores...might be doing the best job of them all, but I can see them stripping that down to the studs and starting over with a guy they feel will grow with the team. Keeping Flores, only to fire him next year would be stupid imo...a waste of the new QB's tenure.
Yeah, I feel bad for Flores. That was a total shit job to walk into from the get go. He has really done a good job keeping everyone from mailing it in, imo. I think other GM's might look at him for the future. Of course, that's similar to what was said about Todd Bowles in NY too. Got the most out of garbage teams but the results will never show that.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy eyes is for sure my pick. There should be 2 or 3 votes though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I feel bad for Flores. That was a total shit job to walk into from the get go. He has really done a good job keeping everyone from mailing it in, imo. I think other GM's might look at him for the future. Of course, that's similar to what was said about Todd Bowles in NY too. Got the most out of garbage teams but the results will never show that.

IDK if I feel bad for Flores...getting the head job when a team is on the tank is not the best circumstance, but the exposure could land him another gig down the line.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and it should. The Dolphins have been playing hard for him.

Late trend toward OFC minded HCs, and he's a DEF background guy, but once this season is over we'll see how it all shakes out.

The Dolphin players are giving it a serious effort the last few weeks.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor ain't going anywhere. The Bengals held onto Marvin Lewis 5 years longer than they should have. Taylor gets at least another 2 years even though the Bengals are terrible right now. They'll let him get a QB he wants in his system.

Adam Gase apparently doesn't want Bell and is not helping Darnold. This team is underachieving. There's a chance he's gone.

Kingsbury has made some bonehead moves but the team is showing promise. He won't be fired.

Flores is obviously taking and acquiring picks. No way he's gone.

Kitchens sucks balls, has no experience, and the team is underachieving. He'll probably still keep the job just based on the fact that Hue Jackson didn't get fired after going 1-31 over two years.

Arians has the team playing pretty well actually. The Bucs aren't as bad as their record indicates. I would not be surprised if they finish with 7 wins.

Fangio can't really be blamed too much for his situation. QBs are a shit show over there. He'll get another few years.

So I guess I go Gase.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor ain't going anywhere. The Bengals held onto Marvin Lewis 5 years longer than they should have. Taylor gets at least another 2 years even though the Bengals are terrible right now. They'll let him get a QB he wants in his system.

Adam Gase apparently doesn't want Bell and is not helping Darnold. This team is underachieving. There's a chance he's gone.

Kingsbury has made some bonehead moves but the team is showing promise. He won't be fired.

Flores is obviously taking and acquiring picks. No way he's gone.

Kitchens sucks balls, has no experience, and the team is underachieving. He'll probably still keep the job just based on the fact that Hue Jackson didn't get fired after going 1-31 over two years.

Arians has the team playing pretty well actually. The Bucs aren't as bad as their record indicates. I would not be surprised if they finish with 7 wins.

Fangio can't really be blamed too much for his situation. QBs are a shit show over there. He'll get another few years.

So I guess I go Gase.

Kitchens...Haslam is the only reason Hue Jackson was not fired after his 1st season. He spent some time in the Steeler organization as a silent partner and probably adopted the patience from the Rooneys.

Kitchen's was a Dorsey iirc, but I'm guessing Haslam poked his head in the room and said let's try to keep some continuity for the young QB and Kitchens to HC was the result. If they don't win as many games as last yr, Dorsey will be saying to Haslam, okay we tried the continuity way, and he sucks as a HC, now let me put my guy in there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't I vote for more than 1!:gaah:

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would vote Gase but its hard to imagine the Jets would be willing to pay 3 HC's at the same time...but then again it is the Jets.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gase and Kitchens are the odds on favorites. Both teams have been a mess and both teams had higher expectations.

Flores isn't going anywhere because it's pretty clear the Dolphins expected to tank this season.

Can't see Taylor going anywhere either as Brown isn't the type to let go of coaches and pay people for not working for him.

Don't see Elway dumping another coach after one season and I expect Flacco will take the blame for their struggles so far.

Arians is safe as the Bucs have been competitive and really if Winston would just cut down on his turnovers they'd likely have a couple more wins at this point.

Kliff isn't going anywhere since him and Kyler are supposed to be a duo and the Cards have been mostly competitive this year.