• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK now this has me a little worried

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has been called a hugger seven times within the past 20 minutes on NFL Network. Not quite what i think our QB needs right now.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch some of his clips, he is no hugger dude. Check them out...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch some of his clips, he is no hugger dude. Check them out...

Im just going off of what i see from guys who are actually paid to give their opinion. We will see as things role out. But I hope you are right and he isnt a hugger. Because this team does not need to go from Shanahan to another Zorn type.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hugs anyone, its only after he has kicked them in the ass. Watch out guys, this one is hungry. He doesn't have a record to fall back on, there is no entitlement here. He's going to have to earn it the old way.....hard work.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just going off of what i see from guys who are actually paid to give their opinion. We will see as things role out. But I hope you are right and he isnt a hugger. Because this team does not need to go from Shanahan to another Zorn type.

I'm more concerned we hired a yes man. Why wouldn't any HC hired be able to bring in his own guys? Keeping Haslett and his cronies who were not only awful last year but awful since he has been here be acceptable. I will be upset if Haslett remains our defensive coordinator.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more concerned we hired a yes man. Why wouldn't any HC hired be able to bring in his own guys? Keeping Haslett and his cronies who were not only awful last year but awful since he has been here be acceptable. I will be upset if Haslett remains our defensive coordinator.

Dude... who was he going to bring in as a DC?? And a total gutting of the staff would be doing nothing but setting him and RG3 up to fail. Give him the talent and Haslett can make the defense decent, not great mind you. But decent. You want RG3 to succeed, the quickest way is to NOT have the entire team trying to learn a new system in all three phases of the game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did i miss something ? he said at his press conference that he hadnt hired a DC or OC . now that doesnt rule out mcvay , morris or haslett . but it means he hasnt hired anyone and he wants to talk to some coaches

and i do get the undertone of hard ass with him which is what we need

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haslett's ceiling is so low. take a chance on a dc while we are sort of in a rebuilding stage

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... who was he going to bring in as a DC?? And a total gutting of the staff would be doing nothing but setting him and RG3 up to fail. Give him the talent and Haslett can make the defense decent, not great mind you. But decent. You want RG3 to succeed, the quickest way is to NOT have the entire team trying to learn a new system in all three phases of the game.

Dude... who was he going to bring in as a DC??

Apparently he received 350 text from "good coaches" out there wanting to work for the Washington Redskins. It's ridiculous to think there are 25 let alone 350 however, there are "great" coaches out there wanting an opportunity. You can't give me enough PRO'S to keep Haslett after enduring the past few years of futility witnessed on defense in DC.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to it skinsdad he did say that in presser. All so to be clear gruden is the head coach and he is the oc. Gruden says he will call the plays again gruden will call the plays

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to it skinsdad he did say that in presser. All so to be clear gruden is the head coach and he is the oc. Gruden says he will call the plays again gruden will call the plays
You guys didn't miss anything! In Houston for example there were certain coaches who were kept on, new HC O'Brien interviewed them and kept those that he wanted, while others were let go. The same thing will happen here.

No, he will not be OC, he will hire one and work with him to devise game plans (two heads being better than one) then get input from the booth from the OC that allows him to call a play based on that input.

In as much as the hugger reports..... A hard ass can give a hug when the player performs well, this is not an either/or situation.

SaintGibbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reiterated several times that there are good coaches 'out there'. I think what he's saying is he already has at least a couple of coordinators that he feels strongly about, and that we should expect some firings and hiring to come.

SaintGibbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the spin on NFL Network was that if Robert didn't like a play, he wouldn't call it, and that he was a pushover, when in fact he stated that if Robert came in early, worked out late, took responsibility and lived up to his potential, he wouldn't run plays that Robert didn't feel comfortable with.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reiterated several times that there are good coaches 'out there'. I think what he's saying is he already has at least a couple of coordinators that he feels strongly about, and that we should expect some firings and hiring to come.

I agree. He's not wed to anyone right now. If it turns out that he likes Haslett or Raheem best, so be it. It's his staff and I'll give him the right to live, and die, with his own choices. I expect within a week we will have the OC and DC positions filled.

Clearly the bloggers know nothing. They started immediately reporting that McVay was the OC. Based on Gruden's response, he has not made that decision yet. This is exactly why I discount everything they say. One reports it (or speculates on it) and the rest run with it as a fact. I realize its not fair, but I wish posters on this board would just stop publishing links to every rumor these bloggers run. It just stirs up a hornets nest and rarely the rumors come to fruition.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why run plays a qb is uncomfortable with ?

a healthy explosive Rg3 can can the hell out of the read option . a brace wearing non explosive Rg3 isnt the best option .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why run plays a qb is uncomfortable with ?

a healthy explosive Rg3 can can the hell out of the read option . a brace wearing non explosive Rg3 isnt the best option .

It depends on why he is uncomfortable. If its because he doesn't run the play well, then you absolutely listen to him. IF he doesn't want to run the play because it exposes him or because its not the type of QB he wants to be, tell him to get over it or get on the bench. What's next? Garcon saying he doesn't want to run any routes over the middle because it exposes him too much? Where do you draw the line?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on why he is uncomfortable. If its because he doesn't run the play well, then you absolutely listen to him. IF he doesn't want to run the play because it exposes him or because its not the type of QB he wants to be, tell him to get over it or get on the bench. What's next? Garcon saying he doesn't want to run any routes over the middle because it exposes him too much? Where do you draw the line?

again i will point to san diego and rivers with whisenhunt if rivers isnt comfortable with a play its out of the playbook

absolutism is foolishness we dont know which plays he doesnt like because the press has been awful when reporting on RG3 and most of what they said he did he didnt

i take that stuff with a grain of salt

if he says he wants to be a pocket passer then why bash him?. everyone and his brother says he needs to be better in the pocket and i guess now so does he (not saying you are doing any of the above as far as bashing )

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again i will point to san diego and rivers with whisenhunt if rivers isnt comfortable with a play its out of the playbook

absolutism is foolishness we dont know which plays he doesnt like because the press has been awful when reporting on RG3 and most of what they said he did he didnt

i take that stuff with a grain of salt

if he says he wants to be a pocket passer then why bash him?. everyone and his brother says he needs to be better in the pocket and i guess now so does he (not saying you are doing any of the above as far as bashing )

First, I don't know that he said he wanted to be a pocket passer, I've never heard him mention it. Second, I'm not bashing him. He needs to be both a pocket passer as well as a mobile passer. Different game situations will call for different plays.

What I say above is theoretical. If any QB, or for that matter, any player, didn't want a play called strictly because it put him in a situation or category he didn't like, then he needs to be bashed and/or benched. He is putting his needs above the team. See my theoretical comments above on Garcon.