• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio States schedule is weaker than Bamas??

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, the computers. The unquestionable end all of determining college football value. :L

UCF is a good team, I'll give them that. They're improved from last year. They're also ranked ahead of Wisconsin solely due to the referee blunder in the desert. Otherwise Wisconsin is right around the top 10. We also beat Michigan, Wisconsin, and Nebraska last year. Ask Stanford, South Carolina, and UGA (all top 10 teams from last year) how easy it was to beat those teams. I know you're just trolling, so get it out of your system. Fact is, OSU is loaded with talent with one of the best coaches in the nation. We're a proven commodity, and it kills you that we're on the minds of everyone in college football.

yeah, because wisconsin's kicker has been so automatic this year. LOL. they very well would have blown the FG attempt even if they had gotten it.

and yeah, actually the computers are a pretty decent metric for determining college football value.

and congrats... you beat michigan, wisconsin, and nebraska last year... that's fantastic. did any of those teams finish in the top 20? or did they all lose bowl games and finish outside the top 20 when they had to face off against the rest of the country instead of the big 10 pillowfights? again, i'm not seeing any indication that they were better than central florida is this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So trying to compare them was obviously stupid then. OSU was basically a completely different program in 2011 and 2012. UCF has basically the same everything and has shown moderate improvement.

I was comparing them because one of your fellow brethren brought up the fact that OSU played them in 2012 but now that they are on USCe schedule they are all the sudden good. Leading me to suggest he thinks teams don't improve, hence the comparison with OSU.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, because wisconsin's kicker has been so automatic this year. LOL. they very well would have blown the FG attempt even if they had gotten it.

and yeah, actually the computers are a pretty decent metric for determining college football value.

and congrats... you beat michigan, wisconsin, and nebraska last year... that's fantastic. did any of those teams finish in the top 20? or did they all lose bowl games and finish outside the top 20 when they had to face off against the rest of the country instead of the big 10 pillowfights? again, i'm not seeing any indication that they were better than central florida is this year.

I'm unaware that the rankings suddenly went to top 20 and didn't include 25. When did that happen? Oh it didn't and you're just making an arbitrary ranking point to try and troll? Gotcha.

You're gonna be a jealous obsessed OSU troll no matter what I say, so I'll leave you be to your sadness. If you want to try and say beating Central Florida somehow means Ohio State isn't good, go right ahead. Clearly we're better than them, and clearly we're better than your team.

:yo:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was comparing them because one of your fellow brethren brought up the fact that OSU played them in 2012 but now that they are on USCe schedule they are all the sudden good. Leading me to suggest he thinks teams don't improve, hence the comparison with OSU.

He never once said they didn't improve, though, so you're jumping to conclusions just to try and troll his response. Last year beating a similar UCF team meant nothing and was almost looked at as a detriment, but now this year it's a point of pride. That's what was said, and he was merely responding. If you think UCF has somehow improved to the point that they're a big win for someone, ok then. That's your choice. His point was merely that, now that an SEC team beat them, they're worth mentioning whereas last year they weren't.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this was said, but if your saying it.

Wasn't said UCF wasn't a good program, Wasn't said computer are a bad judge of teams, never said human polls were a bad judge, and wasn't said UCF was the same program as last year.

These guys in this thread love jumbling everyones words. Can't say anything w/o it being taken out of context. :rolleyes:

Have fun in this CBS/ESPN thread. :suds:

Yeah none of this has been said indirectly in here...right:L

I am sitting back watching the hilarity this morning and laughing. Its fun. and I am used to the CBS/ESPN threads, so this is normal for me.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm unaware that the rankings suddenly went to top 20 and didn't include 25. When did that happen? Oh it didn't and you're just making an arbitrary ranking point to try and troll? Gotcha.

You're gonna be a jealous obsessed OSU troll no matter what I say, so I'll leave you be to your sadness. If you want to try and say beating Central Florida somehow means Ohio State isn't good, go right ahead. Clearly we're better than them, and clearly we're better than your team.

:yo:

why are you acting so dumb? i don't care what the rankings "go to". i'm stating ohio state has not beaten a top 15 team. and they didn't beat a top 20 team last year. yeah, ohio state beat some teams on the fringe of the rankings. the top 25 is just as arbitrary as the top 10 or top 20. it's merely a cutoff that we use that is... arbitrary.

you should really learn what internet trolling is before you accuse me of doing it. i'm just stating opinions (and facts). get over it. ohio state hasn't beaten any great teams in 2 years. be glad they play in the big 10 and people have the incorrect notion that 12-0 in the big 10 must be a a top 5 team, even if the team doesn't face a top 20 team all season.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you acting so dumb? i don't care what the rankings "go to". i'm stating ohio state has not beaten a top 15 team. and they didn't beat a top 20 team last year. yeah, ohio state beat some teams on the fringe of the rankings. the top 25 is just as arbitrary as the top 10 or top 20. it's merely a cutoff that we use that is... arbitrary.

you should really learn what internet trolling is before you accuse me of doing it. i'm just stating opinions (and facts). get over it. ohio state hasn't beaten any great teams in 2 years. be glad they play in the big 10 and people have the incorrect notion that 12-0 in the big 10 must be a a top 5 team, even if the team doesn't face a top 20 team all season.

So would it be better if they were beating a top 10 team and then losing to an unranked team, like Stanford or South Carolina?

I know all about internet trolling and especially you doing it. I was on ESPN and saw you there. Not beating an arbitrarily numbered ranked team is of no indication how good we actually are. As I said, Meyer is more than proven on the field in his career. In regards to those other B1G teams, if they're just having "pillowfights" in the B1G, why didn't top 10 teams like SCar, UGA and Stanford not just crush them last year?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would it be better if they were beating a top 10 team and then losing to an unranked team, like Stanford or South Carolina?

I know all about internet trolling and especially you doing it. I was on ESPN and saw you there. Not beating an arbitrarily numbered ranked team is of no indication how good we actually are. As I said, Meyer is more than proven on the field in his career. In regards to those other B1G teams, if they're just having "pillowfights" in the B1G, why didn't top 10 teams like SCar, UGA and Stanford not just crush them last year?

when did i say south carolina or stanford were better than ohio state? i said south carolina's win over central florida was better than ohio state's best win. see the difference?

and all 3 of those teams won against the big 10 though, didn't they?

and not only did they win, they won as emphatically or more emphatically than ohio state did against purdue and indiana. LOL

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did i say south carolina or stanford were better than ohio state? i said south carolina's win over central florida was better than ohio state's best win. see the difference?

and all 3 of those teams won against the big 10 though, didn't they?

Barely. Clearly shows they aren't that much better, and in SCar's game, they needed a last second hail mary to get it done. Therefore, if those 3 teams are just barely below those 3 top 10 teams, clearly they are pretty good. OSU beat all 3, so that's enough to demonstrate how good they are as well.

You never said SCar or Stanford were better, but you're acting as if beating a top (fill in the blank) team is somehow the ultimate determination of how good you are. We haven't had the chance to face a top team in the last 2 years from OOC, but we will this year, so we'll see what happens.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not only did they win, they won as emphatically or more emphatically than ohio state did against purdue and indiana. LOL

Just saw your edit. Remind me how top 5 UGA did last year vs. 1-11 Kentucky again. How did LSU do against bottom-feeder Auburn last year again? What happened this year when Stanford faced bottom of the Pac-12 Utah? Tell me how SCar did this year vs. pathetic Tennessee.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely. Clearly shows they aren't that much better, and in SCar's game, they needed a last second hail mary to get it done. Therefore, if those 3 teams are just barely below those 3 top 10 teams, clearly they are pretty good. OSU beat all 3, so that's enough to demonstrate how good they are as well.

You never said SCar or Stanford were better, but you're acting as if beating a top (fill in the blank) team is somehow the ultimate determination of how good you are. We haven't had the chance to face a top team in the last 2 years from OOC, but we will this year, so we'll see what happens.

do you know what a hail mary is? because south carolina did not throw a hail mary against michigan. and even if that balls falls incomplete, south carolina had more opportunities to get the ball closer (or just line up and kick a game winning long field goal right then and there).

and i'm sorry if the words that i'm typing say one thing and you read them and interpret them completely differently. again, all i've said is that ohio state's best win... not as good as south carolina's best win. that is it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never once said they didn't improve, though, so you're jumping to conclusions just to try and troll his response. Last year beating a similar UCF team meant nothing and was almost looked at as a detriment, but now this year it's a point of pride. That's what was said, and he was merely responding. If you think UCF has somehow improved to the point that they're a big win for someone, ok then. That's your choice. His point was merely that, now that an SEC team beat them, they're worth mentioning whereas last year they weren't.

Again, because they are better this year. I mean they would be undefeated and a top 7-8 team if South Carolina didn't beat them. With some pretty goods too. Beating UCF last year was a decent win too. I just don't see how they are comparable.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw your edit. Remind me how top 5 UGA did last year vs. 1-11 Kentucky again. How did LSU do against bottom-feeder Auburn last year again? What happened this year when Stanford faced bottom of the Pac-12 Utah? Tell me how SCar did this year vs. pathetic Tennessee.

they all struggled, and they all won. what exactly is your point? are you trying to say that michigan state/wisconsin/nebraska are all as bad as purdue/indiana/kentucky? i think that's a bit unfair.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they all struggled, and they all won. what exactly is your point? are you trying to say that michigan state/wisconsin/nebraska are all as bad as purdue/indiana/kentucky? i think that's a bit unfair.

They all won? Look back through there once more.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you trying to say that michigan state/wisconsin/nebraska are all as bad as purdue/indiana/kentucky? i think that's a bit unfair.

This makes no sense and doesn't follow any logic or echo any sentiment of mine.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALWAYS entertaining to see the undefeated honks of teams (Bama excluded...you earned the right) puff out their team chests. I say let em play the higher up BCS bowl games and let America "see who we thought they were".

A big hot brown pile of shit.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah they didn't al win; i knew that but just got ahead of myself.

how are you going to feel when south carolina ends the season with 2 nonconference wins better than any of ohio state's wins conference or nonconference?