• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Shit!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been recruiting my ass off on ESPN and won't you know it EducAsian69 is intrigued. OMG!

Lets hear thoughts about this!

I cann't believe he is interested, he's so proud of being on ESPN forever.

The village idiot wants to join....well thoughts?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote is no

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that kinda how I see this vote going...no major idiots allowed right? You should expand on your reasons, I know them well but not everybody is from ESPN.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to expand and then just deleted them since I felt you summed him up the best.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I summed it OK for ESPN posters but not for others, so here goes.

He "claims" he a Seahawk fan but brags about the 49ers to the point that you got to think he's a 49er fan. He likes to say he's a Seahawk fan, but not a homer, never hesitate to bash the Seahawks as "losers".

Went off after the Dolphins lose, said "I told you stupid homers" and went on and on about how the Seahawks were finished. If they couldn't beat the Dolphins they had no pray against the Bears.

At best they would be 8-8. I could go on but I think everyone gets the point.

I liked to see the community be unanimous in this poll (of sorts).

Of course we would still have to worry about him trying to slip in as just another Seahawk fan. I think we could sniff him out fairly easy, the dude gots a huge ego it would shine thru. At the same time we don't want to get paranoid and turn away real Seahawks fans!

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him in, then keep him in line.

Who is that really cool 49er poster? Trikkle, or something like that?

Maybe we could let him make the call as to when we, as a group, call him out and ask admins for a ban...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, so he is your equivalent to shoktart from cBS who did the same for not one, but two teams. He claimed to be an Oregon duck fan and I believe a lions fan and yet creates many threads dissing both and claiming they are bad teams on the verge of self destruction.

I say there is no reason to attempt to stop either of them. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and who cares if they are trolls or valid fans with odd views. You don't have to reply to them and on this board if they really annoy you just add them to your ignore list and you don't have to deal with them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him in, then keep him in line.

Who is that really cool 49er poster? Trikkle, or something like that?

Maybe we could let him make the call as to when we, as a group, call him out and ask admins for a ban...

I've been involved in internet chat since the 80's and have always been against bans or admin involvement except in extreme cases. IMO the trolling has to cross specific lines such as racial slurs or threats before admin respond and even then it is better to just erase their offending language than to flat out ban them.

In the case of this board you can just ignore them.

The nature of sports boards specifically are that conflict is the rule, not the exception and it takes people of a strong backbone to be involved in the first place. Let them rant away.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and it is difficult to refute your valid points and solid reason.

It is just that it is so refreshing to be here where the trolling is not tolerated, seemingly. At least I have seen none of it so far. I would really be disappointed if trolls started popping up.

They still have their troll boards. Just five minutes on ESPN is enough to prove that point.

Ignoring them is like ignoring a little yapping dog. It is possible, but I would rather not be tasked with tolerating it and will take steps to attempt to preserve the current environment... and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say that I believe many ESPN posters will disagree with having a major idiot on board. I'll bow to the consensus.

Ignore them? If that worked ESPN posters would still be on ESPN not here. Why let a downer and major idiot on board from the get go?

In his defense I'll say he's a good poster, however he may one of the most infuriating poster ever. We had a poll on the most hated poster ....he was nip and tuck for the leader..actually encouraged posters to vote for him Love being imfamous.

I don't know....why invite the headache?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would enjoy the village idiot being over here. It's always enjoyable when there is that one moron that everyone can gather around and collectively make fun of.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I see your point. It can be entertaining, but somehow I just don't see that with Asian.

Also there is something to be said for not excepting just anyone. One of the selling points for this board is no major idiots allowed. Yet we are thinking of allowing a major idiot, then dealing with him later?

You want a village idiot, let it be someone that we don't realize from the get go as such, believe me we will experience it with out doing it on purpose.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure at the end of the day any of us gets to decide who is allowed. And I'm fairly sure they do accept everyone provided you follow the fairly liberal ToS.

There are plenty of trolls who came over from cBS, but the worst who used to attack and just acted like assholes all the time either didn't come over, or are staying on much better behavior because of the difference in rules here.

The problem with both ESPN and cBS is/was their wide open no moderation format. It promotes assholes as there is little to no consequence for people acting up in a major way. Let people know they will be held accountable and are subject to being banned if they cross lines and most will comply.

So they are free to be stupid, but if they create too many complaints and the admins agree it's fairly easy to get them removed.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocktart

ah, so he is your equivalent to shoktart from cBS who did the same for not one, but two teams. He claimed to be an Oregon duck fan and I believe a lions fan and yet creates many threads dissing both and claiming they are bad teams on the verge of self destruction.

I say there is no reason to attempt to stop either of them. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and who cares if they are trolls or valid fans with odd views. You don't have to reply to them and on this board if they really annoy you just add them to your ignore list and you don't have to deal with them.

Awe, Shocktart. What are we ever gonna do without his negativity. He nearly single-handedly emptied the cbs Blazers board with his constant I know better than you and this team sucks posts. I may root for teams that suck (most notably the WSU Cougars) and I know they suck, but I don't make it my mission to ensure that no one can possibly think that there is every gonna be a light at the end of the tunnel.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TBH i don't really want him here. After the 49ers beat the bears last season he started a strange thread about Aldon Smith. He said Smith is a complete beast and way better than Irvin. That was fine, everyone entitled to their opinion. Then he continued to say that the Seahawks drafted Irvin because the 9ers had smith and every move we made was copying them. He said it was "creepy" that our team was copying every move the 9ers made and we needed to stop. He then continued to disparage every player the seahawks have. Now when he posts he talks about how much he loves the Hawks etc. I would rather have intelligent people with normal opinions, even if i disagree with them. You think the Hawks suck? No problem, but give me a rational explanation as to why. Don't say they are creepy and copying another team.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
An example of this is briwas. that guy is a complete pessimist and a downer. however, he backs up his opinions with real analysis and doesn't really insult people. I disagree with stuff he says but I don't mind him because he presents his negative opinion in a normal way.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe, Shocktart. What are we ever gonna do without his negativity. He nearly single-handedly emptied the cbs Blazers board with his constant I know better than you and this team sucks posts. I may root for teams that suck (most notably the WSU Cougars) and I know they suck, but I don't make it my mission to ensure that no one can possibly think that there is every gonna be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Shoktart is on this board and very active in the Lions forum so it's only a matter of time before he reaches your basketball forum.

I have plenty of people who have annoyed me on forums over the years, but I simply choose to ignore them. I don't need a formal ignore feature to do this. I can choose to not open threads they create and I can ignore their posts within them. In fact there isn't a single thing anyone can do on a forum to hurt me so I don't see why people care or worry about who is on a specific board.

In many ways people like the one this thread was created over and shoktart give people a common enemy of sorts and create opportunity for discussion, even if it seems like a pointless topic.

This is all for entertainment and idiots can be quite entertaining if you use them right.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoktart is on this board and very active in the Lions forum so it's only a matter of time before he reaches your basketball forum.

I have plenty of people who have annoyed me on forums over the years, but I simply choose to ignore them. I don't need a formal ignore feature to do this. I can choose to not open threads they create and I can ignore their posts within them. In fact there isn't a single thing anyone can do on a forum to hurt me so I don't see why people care or worry about who is on a specific board.

In many ways people like the one this thread was created over and shoktart give people a common enemy of sorts and create opportunity for discussion, even if it seems like a pointless topic.

This is all for entertainment and idiots can be quite entertaining if you use them right.

Oh, I gave up on the Blazers halfway through last season. I'm a Sonics fan who didn't want to follow the Thunder or give up on the NBA. I've kind've gotten over the NBA.

As for ignoring people, it's the internet, it's easy to ignore people. cottonmouth and I didn't see eye to eye and eventually I just refused to read anything he posted, at least with shock he didn't resort to creating entire threads just to post personal attacks, so I just took his opinion with a grain of salt and moved on.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stoker, I'm sure you have the stomach for anyone here. Much of those comments I made were for the others questioning the addition of people they didn't care for from ESPN.

There were a lot of questions in the days following the shut down of cBS and when everyone decided on coming here they all asked about the specific trolls that created most of the drama on the college football boards and so far either none have come over or they have and are so far being more normal and not creating drama.

I just don't think there is any worry about any specific people creating drama and making moderated boards the same wide open free for all that cBS and ESPN were.

Osprey 1984

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to EduCasian

Aside from the trolls, the reason for leaving the ESPN forums are fans like EduCasian. Just a negative nelly who like a troll would argue with anyone. I don't like that guy, and another reason to leave this if I see him here.