• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will sign Cameron Fleming today according to reports
I've got to say, I think the Cowboys have done a fantastic job. None of the guys they have added are stars, but they have freed up the Cowboys to take the best player available in the draft, regardless of position

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the question becomes what to do with him. Is the plan swing tackle or starting RT? I am good with either and I guess the $'s will tell us a little more of the plan.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to say, I think the Cowboys have done a fantastic job. None of the guys they have added are stars, but they have freed up the Cowboys to take the best player available in the draft, regardless of position
Time will tell. What I do like for sure is the positions they targeted. Like you said, Fill your weaknesses in FA and then go BPA in the draft. It's how you set your team up for the long run. But, these are the exact moves they have made in recent offseasons and seemed to have failed on more often than not. If I had to guess I would say you are right. I think we look back on these signings, when combined with the draft, and say we are better gong into 2018 than leaving 2017:hope:

All in all I'm happy with the guys they brought in.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the question becomes what to do with him. Is the plan swing tackle or starting RT? I am good with either and I guess the $'s will tell us a little more of the plan.
I think he is the starting RT and Collins moves to LG

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man a Fleming signing gives us a ton of flexibility. It really leaves DT as our lone "need" in the draft. Theres other areas we certainly need to improve/get depth but this gives us way more options.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man a Fleming signing gives us a ton of flexibility. It really leaves DT as our lone "need" in the draft. Theres other areas we certainly need to improve/get depth but this gives us way more options.
I think the Cowboys will be wheeling and dealing on draft day. There's no way ten draft picks make this team, I think Jerry will be on a roll. Besides, the draft is in Dallas, you know Jerry will love that roar when the Cowboys move up. Almost as much as watching Goodell get booed out of the stadium

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I do think we need a stud DT/DE to take this DL to the next level, but if we don't come out of the draft with one it will be fine too. Lawrence/Irving/Collins/Crawford with Price playing some 1 tech and Taco and the other guys rotating in could be pretty good. Ideally we add one more starter/first guy off the bench type from the draft, but I wouldn't say it is a position that we MUST come out of the draft with an early round pick at.

I still feel like LB is the position we need to hopefully find a contributor at in the first few picks or we could be in trouble and probably OL depending on the plan for Fleming/Collins.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I do think we need a stud DT/DE to take this DL to the next level, but if we don't come out of the draft with one it will be fine too. Lawrence/Irving/Collins/Crawford with Price playing some 1 tech and Taco and the other guys rotating in could be pretty good. Ideally we add one more starter/first guy off the bench type from the draft, but I wouldn't say it is a position that we MUST come out of the draft with an early round pick at.

I still feel like LB is the position we need to hopefully find a contributor at in the first few picks or we could be in trouble and probably OL depending on the plan for Fleming/Collins.
I think it is a great time to double down on positions in the draft. Why not take two stud OL, or two premium picks at LB or DL. Why not add a WR and TE in the first two rounds. I like the idea of making a weak position strong or a strong position elite, especially with the Cowboys depth chart where it is

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety is still a major need IMO.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a great time to double down on positions in the draft. Why not take two stud OL, or two premium picks at LB or DL. Why not add a WR and TE in the first two rounds. I like the idea of making a weak position strong or a strong position elite, especially with the Cowboys depth chart where it is
we better not draft a TE in the 1st two rounds!!!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are now reported to be signing Marcus Martin OL along with Cameron Fleming

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin should be good depth at both C and G. Wonder if they think he has starting potential.

If Collins moves we become incredibly strong up the middle with Z Martin/Fred/Collins starting and M Martin/someone else backing up. This would leave T Smith and Fleming at T and a need to add another OT for sure. If Smith goes down again we have Fleming and?

If Collins stays at T we are very strong there with T Smith/Collins starting and Fleming manning the swing Tackle. Then we have Z Martin/Fred/M Martin(?) starting? Also need to add another player.

I won't pretend I think Martin or Fleming will be great players or even definite starters but I really like what the team did here. I also don't think it takes us out of the market for an OL early in the draft if one is sitting there, but it does make it OK if we skip it because the right guy isn't there. Everything will depend on Collins and hopefully the team decides soon where they want to play him and just keep him there - Now of course, there is a good chance the team already has decided or even that the whole "move" was a creation of talk radio and message boards and was never contemplated by the team.

In summary I would still like to add a player early in the draft and I think we will, but really like what I see here.
Another thing to like Fleming is 25 and Martin is 24. Team gets a :clap:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it seems to be rumored all over the place...I like the idea of moving Collins back to Guard. Actually, I never wanted to move him to Tackle other than to try and keep Leary and play all 5 guys. If we go form left to right with Smith/Collins/Frederick/Martin it gives us an insane wall to run behind and also protect Dak. So if you put a FA or draft pick at RT that struggles a little it's very easy to give him help with a TE or RB or pulling OL depending on the play. More importantly, I just always felt he was a better Guard than Tackle. I think he is a good RT that could be a really good RT, but he does have some footwork and balance issues from time to time that aren't as big of a deal at LG and it allows him to use his power more. So, I hope we move him and focus on getting a RT. Sign one (or two) and then draft one and have an open competition for the RT and the swing Tackle spots.:2cents:

That simple tactic is lost on our O line coach. Sink or swim by yourself or you get replaced with someone less capable.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Route Guru?? How hard is it to learn 6 yards and cut out?

To be good, even the best, it is not just that easy. You must go the 6 yards and then transcend to the out. This is according to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin should be good depth at both C and G. Wonder if they think he has starting potential.

If Collins moves we become incredibly strong up the middle with Z Martin/Fred/Collins starting and M Martin/someone else backing up. This would leave T Smith and Fleming at T and a need to add another OT for sure. If Smith goes down again we have Fleming and?

If Collins stays at T we are very strong there with T Smith/Collins starting and Fleming manning the swing Tackle. Then we have Z Martin/Fred/M Martin(?) starting? Also need to add another player.

I won't pretend I think Martin or Fleming will be great players or even definite starters but I really like what the team did here. I also don't think it takes us out of the market for an OL early in the draft if one is sitting there, but it does make it OK if we skip it because the right guy isn't there. Everything will depend on Collins and hopefully the team decides soon where they want to play him and just keep him there - Now of course, there is a good chance the team already has decided or even that the whole "move" was a creation of talk radio and message boards and was never contemplated by the team.

In summary I would still like to add a player early in the draft and I think we will, but really like what I see here.
Another thing to like Fleming is 25 and Martin is 24. Team gets a :clap:
The Cowboys are set up pretty well. If they decided to go OL in round one or two, they could go OT or OG, and then Fleming and Martin would become quality depth.