• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time I've read that they offered a third. Looks like Seattle is standing by their wanting a 1st.

I'm not on board with that.
Yeah, screw that. Seattle could change their minds close to the trade deadline especially if the struggle and out of contention. Earl also has made it clear that he wants out. I don't think this is dead yet. But yeah you don't give up a 1st rounder for an older player and the contract he will demand. But I would give up a 2nd

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I got murdered as well for wanting to move up 2 spots to get him. I shouldn’t say murdered. I just couldn’t believe it when he kept dropping and then there he was. I thought for sure we had a plan for Thomas after we didn’t act. Oh well. We have Heath. For the record, I like Heath.

I wanted Weddle so bad 3-4 yrs ago it was crazy. If you want somebody bad enough- you go get them though. Maybe Seattle was never going to trade him.
As far as James is concerned I would have traded next year's 1st to trade up 2 spots for him. James is a stud. LVE appears to be made of glass. James to me should have been a top 5 pick and we'll worth trading up for

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as James is concerned I would have traded next year's 1st to trade up 2 spots for him. James is a stud. LVE appears to be made of glass. James to me should have been a top 5 pick and we'll worth trading up for
So if SD would have asked for this years 2nd, would you be good right now with Connor Williams and LVE for James?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if SD would have asked for this years 2nd, would you be good right now with Connor Williams and LVE for James?

A second rounder for two spots would have probably been a little high for me unless they came back and gave us their third. I was impulse buying at the time no doubt. I just couldn’t believe he kept falling and with that being one of our supposed biggest needs I thought we would do it. That was me though. They may not have even been interested in him and wanted LVE all along. If LVE turns out at least pretty good then it was probably a good move. Williams should be a good player for 10 years. Gallup, our 3rd, seems to be a steal right now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I'm good with what we have. Who'd be our starting LG??? It used to be we needed 3 years to judge a draft pick. Now many can apparently do it before they step on the field for the first time. Was I praying James would drop, yes. Would I have been fine if we moved up a couple of spots to get him? Yes, as long as it didn't cost a 2nd. But it's way too early to act like the verdict is out either way...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I'm good with what we have. Who'd be our starting LG??? It used to be we needed 3 years to judge a draft pick. Now many can apparently do it before they step on the field for the first time. Was I praying James would drop, yes. Would I have been fine if we moved up a couple of spots to get him? Yes, as long as it didn't cost a 2nd. But it's way too early to act like the verdict is out either way...
That's kind of where I'm at. It's easy to say ''give up next years first'', but What if that first hit's like some of our last few? I like Thomas, but at nearly 30, is he worth a rookie version of Tyron Smith, Zach Martin or Tank Lawrence? Negative

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I do really like Williams,but James looks like an elite player to me. But what's done is done.