• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap.

Haloti Ngata - DL - Eagles
Eagles signed DT Haloti Ngata, formerly of the Lions, to a one-year contract.

The rich get richer. Ngata only played five games last season and just turned 34, but he remained a quality option before going down and will only be asked to play a rotational role in the Eagles' stacked defensive front. With Ngata on board, it looks like Beau Allen will walk in free agency.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure does change things as they now don't have to allocate any dollars towards him and if they signed him they would have. Signing the draft class won't be an issue

FYI - I read they were looking at Watkins.
Since they had no cap money on him as it was him signing elsewhere does nothing except tell them they have to fill his spot with another body, my guess is through the draft. As for Watkins it sounds like he's getting 48M from KC, so he's not an option either.
Unless Dallas pulls some cap space out of their asses, they won't be players in FA.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. I've been skiing a few days and just heard on the way to work that he signed with KC and was hoping it was for big money or I was going to be pissed we didn't sign him. $9M??? Geez, good player and played like a Pro Bowler last year, but that is nuts. good we didn't give him that.

We need to bring in a LB now in FA. I'm counting on Smith being better, but we need someone just in case. When Lee went down last year we were exposed. Wilson also disappointed me a little. I'd sign a marginal guy (don't know who is out there) and hopefully use a pick there too.
Most of what I heard was $5/per for Hitch. Cowboys approach to FA looking pretty smart with the insane numbers being thrown about

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of what I heard was $5/per for Hitch. Cowboys approach to FA looking pretty smart with the insane numbers being thrown about
Yup, day one and two are getting crazier every year.

The only problem is you need to try be better after the offseason than before when you aren't a top team. Since you can't count on draft picks producing year one, especially the beginning of year 1, you need to fill as many of your holes in FA as possible. This team still needs to address some depth issues before the draft and needs to do better than Nolan Carroll with their FA moves. If they pick up a borderline starter/first guy off bench at LB and either an OG or OT that can play when needed I will be happy. Getting a WR would be great but I just can't see that based on the numbers guys are getting and our cap issue

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they had no cap money on him as it was him signing elsewhere does nothing except tell them they have to fill his spot with another body, my guess is through the draft. As for Watkins it sounds like he's getting 48M from KC, so he's not an option either.
Unless Dallas pulls some cap space out of their asses, they won't be players in FA.
Not saying they will get Watkins. Point was they were looking at him. So the idea they can't make moves is not accurate. As far as Hitchens I'll try one more time. They were looking at bringing him back. They know that would have cap $'s. They earmarked money or a plan for that. Now that he is gone, if they so choose, they can use those same dollars elsewhere.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying they will get Watkins. Point was they were looking at him. So the idea they can't make moves is not accurate. As far as Hitchens I'll try one more time. They were looking at bringing him back. They know that would have cap $'s. They earmarked money or a plan for that. Now that he is gone, if they so choose, they can use those same dollars elsewhere.
I'm saying any FA deal will have to be minimum deals and would require other contact redos first. I'm personally not worrying about this FA season because at present there's no noney available. They didn't play last season for the same reason, and if they maintain this strategy this and maybe next season the cap issues will go away.
I don't want to mortgage the future for any FA this season.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally if cutting/trading Scandrick and Crawford allows us to sign Martin and the rookies with no other moves I'm doing it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round tender for Irving, praying someone bites. Only a matter of time before he's busted again for PEDs, hope he's in another uniform when that happens.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round tender for Irving, praying someone bites. Only a matter of time before he's busted again for PEDs, hope he's in another uniform when that happens.
I think someone will give us a 2nd, I'm good with that as well. Also, if we sign an outside FA, I'm pulling for the Honey Badger

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants sign LT Nate Solder from the Patriots. If they take Barkley at #2 and if Beckham isn't suspended(where the Hell is Roger?), and with their D, they will be tough

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants sign LT Nate Solder from the Patriots. If they take Barkley at #2 and if Beckham isn't suspended(where the Hell is Roger?), and with their D, they will be tough
Eli is washed up. If they take one of the QB's I will be worried for the future.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2ND would be nice,but it leaves a hole at DT

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger off somewhere with mara, probably choking on his dong

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just watched a thing about Dez not talking to Cowboys about future yet. he is just going about his business getting ready for the season.
However what I found interesting in the piece. Apparently we did try to make a move for Watkins (obviously we were outbid) I thought this was interesting because I am kinda in the Manster boat of where would we get the money for a big splash FA. I am pretty sure Dez stays at least this year even if no pay cut happens, but I wonder if we landed Watkins if that would have been the end of Dez?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, after watching Irving i can't imagine being better off with someone's second rounder than with him. I would not have done this. I bet if someone offers him a deal that isn't crazy we match it and keep him. Maybe that is what the team is thinking. Another team would have to give him a big contract AND a 2nd round pick to get him. So perhaps they are thinking that the price of the 2nd round pick added to any deal plus the off the field stuff will keep the $'s of the deal a little low and give us a chance to match it or take the pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read we are inquiring into what it will take to bring Suh to Dallas.
I've got to imagine it would take quite a lot on our part to shed contracts just to fit him under, unless a deal with DLaw can get finalized quickly.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3