• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For $9 million a season, they can have him. Good player, but you've gotta be kidding at that
Can't blame hitchens. 9 million a year is crazy though. That could end up being the worst contract ever. Hitchens never stood out to me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be stunned if Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield aren't all off the board by 19. Cleveland could (and should) take a QB, NYG, NYJ, Buffalo, Arizona, Denver(even with Keenum)....too many teams in need
Agree, but I think Darnold and Rosen are legit top 10 picks. Unless I misunderstood what you meant.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be stunned if Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield aren't all off the board by 19. Cleveland could (and should) take a QB, NYG, NYJ, Buffalo, Arizona, Denver(even with Keenum)....too many teams in need
teams should know by now they better draft a qb or NE will at the bottom of the 1st. Brady is about done. I think all those qbs will be gone by 19

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty familiar with their cap space this year and in years past, that's not what I am talking about. You don't have to spend a ton of money to draft a guy. Also not suggesting throw a big money deal at a big name, but Dallas can spend a little money to avoid running out the Brian Price's or Nick Hayden's of the world. The Cowboys choose not to, I'm not just talking about this year, they always scrape the bottom of the barrel for that 1T/NT position. Organizational philosophy I guess.
Well currently they are a little over the cap by a mil, they will need a little more than 5M to sign their draft picks, meaning they have to free up north of 6M = they cannot play in FA other than bargain basement.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Manster7588 Where are you getting that Dallas is over the cap?

According to Spotrac and Overthecap Dallas has roughly $3.1m available after their first 51 are counted. Dallas hasn't even restructured Frederick yet, which I am sure is coming. Dallas can play a little, not much.

They can always draft a quality 1T/NT...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Manster7588 Where are you getting that Dallas is over the cap?

According to Spotrac and Overthecap Dallas has roughly $3.1m available after their first 51 are counted. Dallas hasn't even restructured Frederick yet, which I am sure is coming. Dallas can play a little, not much.

They can always draft a quality 1T/NT...

I read in a story. I believe it was in a report of the Price signing. Can't find it right now.

FWIW, the reason I challenged you is it seemed as though you challanged the Price signing instead of going after a better DT in FA.

As of right now I'm all in on NOT chasing high priced FAs and using the draft for at least through 2019 in order to ease up any financial issues.

If I misunderstood please except my apologies.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Manster7588 (I keep forgetting the quote button) My only point was why does Dallas continuously approach that position with a year to year strategy? They never seem willing to pay the money or invest the draft capital for a multi-year solution. It seems like every year Dallas is looking for someone to clog the middle because last year's band-aid is no longer able to stick.

I saw no reason to get personally offended by anything you said.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame hitchens. 9 million a year is crazy though. That could end up being the worst contract ever. Hitchens never stood out to me.

$9m is too much, no doubt. I don't think it will be a terribly bad contract though. Hitchens isn't a great player, but I think he is above average, and his versatility is definitely worth something. Hitchens is a gamer, and he's going to do his best to earn the money, I'd be comfortable knowing that if I am K.C.

I'll go out on a limb and say this won't even be a top 3 worst contract this off season. Never mind in the context of history...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers cut Jordy Nelson after signing Jimmy Graham. I would LOVE to sign Jordy as our deep threat

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Manster7588 (I keep forgetting the quote button) My only point was why does Dallas continuously approach that position with a year to year strategy? They never seem willing to pay the money or invest the draft capital for a multi-year solution. It seems like every year Dallas is looking for someone to clog the middle because last year's band-aid is no longer able to stick.

I saw no reason to get personally offended by anything you said.
IMO they have no choice in how they have to play the FA market because all those payments for contract mods are due. Hopefully they can get through a year or two without going that route and we'll be able to fill a hole or two via FA around 2020.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For $9 million a season, they can have him. Good player, but you've gotta be kidding at that
Holy crap. I've been skiing a few days and just heard on the way to work that he signed with KC and was hoping it was for big money or I was going to be pissed we didn't sign him. $9M??? Geez, good player and played like a Pro Bowler last year, but that is nuts. good we didn't give him that.

We need to bring in a LB now in FA. I'm counting on Smith being better, but we need someone just in case. When Lee went down last year we were exposed. Wilson also disappointed me a little. I'd sign a marginal guy (don't know who is out there) and hopefully use a pick there too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to beat a dead horse here. 2018 CAP space doesn't give the team many options.
With Hitchens gone they will have a little room to play with. Scandrick will likely be gone. Martin won't add anything to the cap. They will likely look at Frederick and create about $6M in space there. Crawford could be a casualty. I think they may stand pat with D Law, but singing him to a deal would clear up space also.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty familiar with their cap space this year and in years past, that's not what I am talking about. You don't have to spend a ton of money to draft a guy. Also not suggesting throw a big money deal at a big name, but Dallas can spend a little money to avoid running out the Brian Price's or Nick Hayden's of the world. The Cowboys choose not to, I'm not just talking about this year, they always scrape the bottom of the barrel for that 1T/NT position. Organizational philosophy I guess.
I actually think Price can be good. Very interested in seeing him play this year. I would absolutely love to see Vea at 19, but I think he is gone before then

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers cut Jordy Nelson after signing Jimmy Graham. I would LOVE to sign Jordy as our deep threat
Jordy from a few years ago,,,but not sure 2018 Jordy is that player

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Hitchens gone they will have a little room to play with. Scandrick will likely be gone. Martin won't add anything to the cap. They will likely look at Frederick and create about $6M in space there. Crawford could be a casualty. I think they may stand pat with D Law, but singing him to a deal would clear up space also.
Hitchens being gone doesn't change a thing cap wise as he wasn't counting sgainst the current cap number. They still need to work a contract or two just to come up with money for the rookie class.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitchens being gone doesn't change a thing cap wise as he wasn't counting sgainst the current cap number. They still need to work a contract or two just to come up with money for the rookie class.
It sure does change things as they now don't have to allocate any dollars towards him and if they signed him they would have. Signing the draft class won't be an issue

FYI - I read they were looking at Watkins.